Speeding (Yes I Know i's a muppet!)

just in the midle of dealing with two speeding tickets both on the a1 north of the boarder on consecutive days, one going up, the other coming back, initially asked for the photos which they sent, then rang and asked for clarification on the distance between the marks on the road and was told they were 2ft apart which put me at very low speeds, something like 15 and 16mph, wrote a letter pointing this out and asked them to confirm in writting they intended to drop the cases, i have now recieved a reply stating the marks are 2mtr’s apart which puts me at the speeds recorded by the gatso’s ( the standard distance is 5ft in the uk)
so what do you do, they’ve got you by the balls, tacho’s are worthless because theres no way of proving that the clock was set acurately on the day so unless you were doing under forty for a long time before and after the stated time your sunk, i don’t believe i was speeding but will end up taking six points all the same.

steve_24v:
Why write a letter ? just fill in the form and send it off…

Personally I’d hang in there till pod come knocking… No worse and you might get away with it.

“Say’s steve who’s never paid a parking in his life. And only once a speeding fine cause ‘er indoors let ‘em in”
:unamused:

experianced :question:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

flub007:
Well guy’s n gals I’m after a bit of advice.
A couple of nights ago I was driving down the A5 towards Crickat 01.20,speeding (my fault nobody elses) and as I got past rugby truckstop in a layby behind a couple of wagons was a mobile speed detection van with flaps open aimed and ready for action.I’m pretty convinced I’ve been caught and I’m basically looking for advice on what I should write in a letter to the magistrate when I plead guilty.I’m not looking for a way of getting out of it or making lame excuses about how the wifes mother has got bird flu and I’m worried etc…

I’d just like a polite way of saying hands up I’m sorry I did it and can assure you that it’s definatley a case of lesson learned…I’ve never had to write to a court so have not got a clue how to go about it.

I know what a wally I’ve been so no need to tell me again.

Thanks all.
flub

I wouldn’t explain that much as each answer produces a new Question.
Just say you can’t write and read and if they could help you to fill the Form in :sunglasses:

Well 14 days have been and gone. Did you ever receive your N.I.P

No N I P received yet but as I was driving a company truck the 14 day rule does not apply.

But I’m breathing a bit easier.

Flub
[/quote]

if the 14 day rule doesnt apply to driving company trucks how long is it then, :question:ta

ady:
if the 14 day rule doesnt apply to driving company trucks how long is it then, :question:ta

The 14 day rule applies to the registered keeper of the vehicle. They can take as long as is neccesary after that to contact the driver of the vehicle.

Agency bloke phoned me up today to tell me I’ve got a NIP coming after getting caught on a weight sensitive camera a week last friday. Nice clean licence about to be comtanimated :imp: :imp: :imp: