South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

DEANB:

pete 359:

DEANB:
Inter City Removals Bedford.

Click on page once to read.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the TM photo.My father painted that outfit when it was new.we did a lot of work for Carl Davies over the years.Last time I saw him,he was living near my inlaws in north Cornelly.
Regards Andrew.

Small word Andrew ! :laughing: Have you any pics of it in colour ■■

Nelsons Bedford TM from Swansea.
My dad bought a new TM from nelsons back in the 70s LTH180P it was in comercial motors . Does anyone know the reg of the one in photo please.

pete 359:

DEANB:
Welsh International. (1974)

Click on page once to read.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the article.i was on Penarth Road in Cardiff last Saturday,collecting a new Scania from Keltruck.Many years ago,there were a lot of haulage firms based on and around that part of Our capital.From just around the coast to Sully and based at the old Valley Carriers depot,a hard worked Wincanton Guy big j.

My dad bought two of these guys off wincanton in cardiff in the early 80s .GBO11N AND GAX309N they had a ■■■■■■■ 220 in them brillant workhorse.

Hi rollsroyce,Ely transport was that owned by the Morgan’s ,as I worked for a bloke Peter Morgan and apparently his old man owned Ely,I know Malcolm he had a marathon,scammell and the road train nice bloke he was ,cheers John

smallcoal:
Hi rollsroyce,Ely transport was that owned by the Morgan’s ,as I worked for a bloke Peter Morgan and apparently his old man owned Ely,I know Malcolm he had a marathon,scammell and the road train nice bloke he was ,cheers John

Hi Smallcoal,
Ely Transport were on Culverhouse cross,they weren’t owned by Morgan’s. Ivor D.Morgan had a yard next to Ely Bridge,His son Peter was who you worked for.
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

smallcoal:

Hi Smallcoal,
Ely Transport were on Culverhouse cross,they weren’t owned by Morgan’s. Ivor D.Morgan had a yard next to Ely Bridge,His son Peter was who you worked for.
Regards Andrew.

Hi Andrew,thanks for that I got confused on the two of them cheers mate

How about this one Andrew,cover of a Scania brochure !

DEANB:

Didn’t Group Development Transport take Williams Bros over if my memory serves me right ?

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the Williams Bros photo.They were a fairly large North Wales haulier,Bought out by the TDG,Transport Development Group.Here Courtesy of Chris Richards are a few from many years ago from the fine fleet of Llanpwmsaint based Charles Footman.

A few here courtesy of John Morgan…

Hi Andrew,the loco is being loaded at dai woodruff yard in Barry

smallcoal:
Hi Andrew,the loco is being loaded at dai woodruff yard in Barry

Dai Woodham’s yard at Barry.

pete 359:

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the Williams Bros photo.They were a fairly large North Wales haulier,Bought out by the TDG,Transport Development Group.Here Courtesy of Chris Richards are a few from many years ago from the fine fleet of Llanpwmsaint based Charles Footman.

Morning Andrew,
Cracking set of photo’s by Chris!
The Sed Atki D21 is still alive, now owned by Richard Stanier, N.M.P

14081323549_f4132375ed_b.jpg

pete 359:
DEANB"]How about this one Andrew,cover of a Scania brochure !
Hi Dean,
Thanks for the Williams Bros photo.They were a fairly large North Wales haulier.

Hi Andrew sorry thought they were South Wales ! :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

“smallcoal” John i reckon you will like this one from 1965. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Thanks very much for the Williams and Griffiths Scammell photo.A firm i remember so very well,they were based very near to where our family business is located.Afaiaa,it became Ralph Jones Transport? Trucknet tipper legend,Dai Cap could put us right on that…
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Thanks very much for the Williams and Griffiths Scammell photo.A firm i remember so very well,they were based very near to where our family business is located.Afaiaa,it became Ralph Jones Transport? Trucknet tipper legend,Dai Cap could put us right on that…
Regards Andrew.

HI ANDREW WILLIAMS & GRIFFITHS HAD 4 OF THOES SCAMMELS AROUND 64 / 65 THEY WERE 24 G V W . THEY WENT ON TO A E C AFTER THEM THEY 3 ATKY .IN THE END. WEN WE BOUGHT THEM OUT IN JUNE 1976 WE HAD 2 AEC 6 WHEELER .THE N C B HAD THE 3 ATKYS .

dai cap:

pete 359:

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Regards Andrew.

HI ANDREW WILLIAMS & GRIFFITHS HAD 4 OF THOES SCAMMELS AROUND 64 / 65 THEY WERE 24 G V W . THEY WENT ON TO A E C AFTER THEM THEY 3 ATKY .IN THE END. WEN WE BOUGHT THEM OUT IN JUNE 1976 WE HAD 2 AEC 6 WHEELER .THE N C B HAD THE 3 ATKYS .

Hi Dai,
Thanks for the information and for the phone call earlier today.Here is a modern South Wales tipper for you!

9F7D9E65-B0DD-4AC7-90B4-B3DB58E22A54.jpg

dai cap:

pete 359:

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Regards Andrew.

Morning Dai . If my childhood memories are any good Whisky LLoyd from Cefn drove one of them Atki 8 wheelers ?.

Ianto full pelt:

dai cap:

pete 359:

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Regards Andrew.

Morning Dai . If my childhood memories are any good Whisky LLoyd from Cefn drove one of them Atki 8 wheelers ?.

Hi Ian,
Whisky Lloyd has been mentioned to me many times over the years,in the early 80’s a business neighbour of ours,Ron Thomas used to tell me a lot about him.The late Sid Evans also used to mention him to me regularly as they were related.
regards Andrew.

Old advert from 1964.

wales 1964 a.PNG