South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Petecotter:
dove for b a rogers for a while ( ran out of matches to keep my eyes open)

Hi Pete I worked for blue line also know Rogers of skewen cheers John

smallcoal:

Petecotter:

Hi john it was about 46 years ago my dad worked on Blueline, unfortunately he passed away while at work. I worked at B A Rogers with Bernard Burt and we did a change over at Wootton Bassett about 37 years ago.

Petecotter:

smallcoal:

Petecotter:

Hi john it was about 46 years ago my dad worked on Blueline, unfortunately he passed away while at work. I worked at B A Rogers with Bernard Burt and we did a change over at Wootton Bassett about 37 years ago.

Your dad would have known John change over driver on nights did you remember any of the drivers

My Dad name was Jim Cotter, Bob Freeman, Terry Titcombe who had a bad accident on the M4 and lost his life, John Brakespear.

Petecotter:
My Dad name was Jim Cotter, Bob Freeman, Terry Titcombe who had a bad accident on the M4 and lost his life, John Brakespear.

Hi Pete,
I remember B.A.Rodgers,Charlie Collier drove for them.I think Eric Coventry did as well?
Regards Andrew

H Andrew I dont recognize any of those names but he did get throw a lot of drivers, he made you work hard.

pete 359:
Hi all,
It’s from South Wales,it’s a long way from home,it’s got a girder on its roof and it’s a Volvo.other than that,I haven’t got a clue!

That is a strange photo Andrew ! Did you find out what exactly happened ■■

Hi Pete

the john you was on about is john brakespear now lives in aberystwyth

Hi all,
A Welsh registered Bristol in I think? BRS High Wycombe depot.

Glamon Haulage,Taffs Wells.Courtesy of Graham Hillman.

DEANB:

pete 359:
Hi all,
It’s from South Wales,it’s a long way from home,it’s got a girder on its roof and it’s a Volvo.other than that,I haven’t got a clue!

That is a strange photo Andrew ! Did you find out what exactly happened ■■

Hi Dean,
I’ve not a clue tbh,sorry.

One here via Facebook and Courtesy of Chris Richards.A John Evans Llanelli 6x4 Seddon Atki 401…

VTH 278T,Courtesy of Deanb and the fantastic Paul C.Gee collection.I think that’s Shrewsbury based Warwick Gittins driving.Probably loaded for either The Abbey or Llanwern with refractorie bricks from the midlands or Yorkshire?

pete 359:
VTH 278T,Courtesy of Deanb and the fantastic Paul C.Gee collection.I think that’s Shrewsbury based Warwick Gittins driving.Probably loaded for either The Abbey or Llanwern with refractorie bricks from the midlands or Yorkshire?

Morning Andrew Ross southbound ?

Ianto full pelt:

pete 359:

Morning Andrew Ross southbound ?

good morning Ian,
Correct sir.I had to confirm with your brother,before i posted that information above.
regards Andrew.

Hi all,
Found this F86 photo online somewhere? I am guessing a Glyn S.John motor?

sime17:
Going a bit further back (late forties I reckon) - this is why I was truck mad in the first place. My Grampy in his Austin oil tanker, which he piloted (along with many others, Bedfords etc) round the lanes of Pembrokeshire for many years. Teddy Cook was a legend - and got me hooked with his stories!

And I said I didn’t have any pics ‘that old’!

Spooky my Dad drove for Esso a Austin as pictured on your page with plate JXN 734, his was JXN 754. A tanker relative I’ve no doubt? Great picture by the way.

Hi all,
Not sure who JD Transport were/are? Though the 88 is welsh registered and I think? it may have been owned later in life by G.E.Keedwell (r.i.p.).

Hi Andrew just seen a video on you tube c j bird made by Echo jr did dai drive for them one of the trucks got ann conner on the back cheers John