South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

John, It looks like you’re going on the tippers soon !!

pete smith:

Lol they would most prob fill it full of sand and give you a shovel and deliver it to 20 drops :laughing: :laughing: where was that taken cheers John

smallcoal:

pete smith:

Lol they would most prob fill it full of sand and give you a shovel and deliver it to 20 drops :laughing: :laughing: where was that taken cheers John

Its in Chamberlains yard in Lye, ex Oldbury motor I think a lad called Graham drove her?

Lloyd bros,Swansea.

A00080.JPG

Hi all,
For anyone who hadn’t already heard.kelvin’s funeral is 19/07/17 1.15 pm @ coity crematorium.here we have a couple of John Raymond’s fine fleet from a few years back.firstly one of their many F10’s is seen coming through the centre of Ramsgate with some decked trailers,secondly one of their 1838 mercs.

pete 359:
Hi all,
For anyone who hadn’t already heard.kelvin’s funeral is 19/07/17 1.15 pm @ coity crematorium.here we have a couple of John Raymond’s fine fleet from a few years back.firstly one of their many F10’s is seen coming through the centre of Ramsgate with some decked trailers,secondly one of their 1838 mercs.

The one driving the Volvo is Phil mills ,he also drove for prothroes,s cheers John

This may be of intrest.(Click on pages twice to read)

Hi dean Andrew never was a director they got that wrong he was in charge of warehousing Tommy was still in charge Andrew was a mummy’s boy ,I smacked him in the yard in 91 cause he wouldn’t stop having a go at me ,Tommy made all decisions then cheers John

hi all,
this part of newport has changed almost beyond recognition.though this (listed building) gatehouse to the old orb steelworks still remains.

orbtrain.jpg

Aberthaw cement Bedford TM.

hi all,
Thanks to member DeanB and the PAUL C GEE collection.we can share some of paul’s welsh related truck photos,firstly a pair of W.G.Davies’ crusaders and an unknown to me atki borderer and bulker.

IMG_5269.PNG

IMG_5268.PNG

A Wynns atki and a glyn s.john 240 F88 on contract to turners asbestos company from rhoose.

Caswell’s.

caswella.PNG

Morfa transport, Llanelli.

A00444.JPG

hi all,
a few more welsh oldies courtesy of DEANB and Paul C Gee.firstly,a pair of B series ERF.I cannot recall the operators name?? It might be V.B.Davies ■■? years later port eynon transport had the same colours……

How about this one Andrew!

IMG_1344.JPG

A mans WAGGIN :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hi sbf10.
thanks,what a motor m8.here are a couple more on the steel .owens with a new ? Bedford TM loaded with pressings for maybe long bridge? and a crusader of w.g.davies loaded with (imo) colour coated coil from bryngwyn works in gorseinon.

i think that this Bedford TM? was ran by swansea steel? next a john evans of newport DAF loaded with tinplate and lloyd bros.crusader loaded with colour coat.

a pair here for my very good friend rowly.

AS31.JPG

AS09.JPG