South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

image.jpeg

apologies if I posted these 2 before ? :confused:

Hi all,
There were hundreds of people at bancffosfelen today at Ronnie S. Evans’ funeral.A sad loss.For me personally,THE name in South Wales international bulk road haulage.Though I am 100% sure that his daughter Marged and her brother Sion will continue to run the company that has gone from strength to strength over the past 50 plus years.

Hey pete 359, I never realised Ronnie had that many vehicles, of course I always see them about living just down the road from you myself, and I hope they continue to roll for many more years.

Never knew Ronnie or any of his crew myself but RIP nonetheless.

Hi Pete359.

Very sad day in this village, and sad for me to as I was unable to attend the funeral today! I noticed the Lorries all lined up facing the road on my way home from work this evening and I was touched that Sion and family had done that as it meant that Ronnie was passing by his Empire to his final resting place 50 yds away.

Your Comments re Marged & Sion continuing the Business successfully are true , and no doubt they will.

God Bless Ronnie, it was a great pleasure to have known you.

E,W.

EW car truck & bus:
Hi Pete359.

Very sad day in this village, and sad for me to as I was unable to attend the funeral today! I noticed the Lorries all lined up facing the road on my way home from work this evening and I was touched that Sion and family had done that as it meant that Ronnie was passing by his Empire to his final resting place 50 yds away.

Your Comments re Marged & Sion continuing the Business successfully are true , and no doubt they will.

God Bless Ronnie, it was a great pleasure to have known you.

E,W.

hi EW,
I parked my car out on the main road,turned left and was greeted with the sight of their entire fleet (which i have painted),perfectly lined up in the immaculate yard,that sight,broke my heart.your comments are also true,it was a pleasure to have known ronnie……
regards andrew cooper.

Hi all mansel Davies yard ,I took these at the Liberty Wednesday load of stage trucks ,and n a James in Pembroke

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It was mr coopers birthday today happy birthday mate :smiley:

Hi all. John, June and July’s Truck & Driver have a long distance diary featuring Transam Trucking on tour with the Cure.

Just saw a Pontyclun Van Hire motor on the national ABC news. Unfortunately for the wrong reason though!

Listening to the superb Stereophonics, you can take the boy out of the Valley, but never the Valley out of the boy.

Paul

Paul John:
Hi all. John, June and July’s Truck & Driver have a long distance diary featuring Transam Trucking on tour with the Cure.

Just saw a Pontyclun Van Hire motor on the national ABC news. Unfortunately for the wrong reason though!

Listening to the superb Stereophonics, you can take the boy out of the Valley, but never the Valley out of the boy.

Paul

Hi Paul John ,take that was at the Liberty when I took them I was delivering a reel of cable for the electricians that day ,pontyclun has issued a statement as they have received threats that they didn’t know what he was going to do cheers John

Hi all,
I found this image,on line somewhere?viking transport were from South Wales and as I recall mainly worked out of the abbey? They ran very early 110 scania’s.one of them is seen here after being tangled up with a mk1 Ford ■■■■■■.

pete 359:
Hi all,
I found this image,on line somewhere?viking transport were from South Wales and as I recall mainly worked out of the abbey? They ran very early 110 scania’s.one of them is seen here after being tangled up with a mk1 Ford ■■■■■■.

You sure can "dig em out " Andrew :wink: But I note that the Viking trailer is not a “coiler” ? :confused: Cheers Dennis. PS How did “Ace” get out of his car ? Passenger window maybe? :laughing: :laughing:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Good job the trailer is empty,any idea the location Andrew

smallcoal:

pete 359:
Hi all,

I bet the car drivers arse would be empy too. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: How could the car driver get into such a position■■?, He would most likley blame the artic driver, Regards Larry.

smallcoal:

pete 359:
Hi all,

I think it is coming from the direction of Cardiff bus station in-to St Mary,s street? before the road changes.

Lawrence Dunbar:

smallcoal:

pete 359:
Hi all,

I bet the car drivers arse would be empy too. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: How could the car driver get into such a position■■?, He would most likley blame the artic driver, Regards Larry.

I bet the old bill turned up on a bicycle took one look and didn’t close the road ,like they do today :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi all v b Davies from Swansea

Hello folks, I have been lurking here for a little while and this is my first post.

A bit of my history. My name is Mike Wells. I took my class 1 in 1972 with Red Dragon in Cardiff and then joined Valley Carriers in Barry driving Guys Big J’s, Valleys was later taken over by Wincanton Transport. In the traffic office was Tom Hughes. In 1976 Tom and I set up Tom Hughes Transport with a Daf 2200, we later had a Barreiros Dodge a Bedford TM with the Detroit diesel, in 1980 we bought a Daf 2800 dktd we then had a Ford Transcontinental, an ex valleys Guy was used as a shunter. The Daf’s were the trucks I used mostly.

The trucks were all painted Yellow with a White roof and a Black stripe around the middle. (There is a black and white picture of the 2800 on here somewhere).

Tom decided to wind up Tom Hughes Transport and I went to work for Mitchell Cotts at Rhoose (Cardiff) Airport then in the late eighties I joined S&K Transport in the traffic office and later on became the Transport Manager. After S&K I left transport altogether and worked for a American company for twenty years. I am now retired living in west wales.

taffybloke:
Hello folks, I have been lurking here for a little while and this is my first post.

A bit of my history. My name is Mike Wells. I took my class 1 in 1972 with Red Dragon in Cardiff and then joined Valley Carriers in Barry driving Guys Big J’s, Valleys was later taken over by Wincanton Transport. In the traffic office was Tom Hughes. In 1976 Tom and I set up Tom Hughes Transport with a Daf 2200, we later had a Barreiros Dodge a Bedford TM with the Detroit diesel, in 1980 we bought a Daf 2800 dktd we then had a Ford Transcontinental, an ex valleys Guy was used as a shunter. The Daf’s were the trucks I used mostly.

The trucks were all painted Yellow with a White roof and a Black stripe around the middle. (There is a black and white picture of the 2800 on here somewhere).

Tom decided to wind up Tom Hughes Transport and I went to work for Mitchell Cotts at Rhoose (Cardiff) Airport then in the late eighties I joined S&K Transport in the traffic office and later on became the Transport Manager. After S&K I left transport altogether and worked for a American company for twenty years. I am now retired living in west wales.

Hi.

Was there a lady working in the office by the name of Marylyn Jefferies , When i was self employed they wood ring me up to do a night run to heathrow, this would have been around 1984.

ANDREWDAX:
Hi.

Was there a lady working in the office by the name of Marylyn Jefferies , When i was self employed they wood ring me up to do a night run to heathrow, this would have been around 1984.

ANDREWDAX. Are you asking about Mitchell Cotts.

Mike