South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

I told you they sold square sausage up north : :astonished: :open_mouth: :laughing: M8

Ooh so Andrew you finished the job off :open_mouth: ,did you drive carefully with that trailer or have you left flat spots on the tyres :laughing: ,a nice job you’ve done ,I’ll look forward to seeing .

bubbleman:

scania81:

bubbleman:
Hiya…love the old BRS pics from the Bridgend branch,I remember a water pump on my TK Bedford went as I approached the John Raymond roundabout and I limped into the BRS yard…nice canteen there! :smiley: ,anyway heres a pic I took at St Athans L.D.O.Y heat…I think the Scania was based at Bridgend,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Chris 143,s father Ron Evans had 1 brand new and the Model Maker.Owen edmunds.
He left to work for Wenault in cardiff to drive a big Daf but had a restart down the line.
I sat in 1 brand new and they were the business at the time.

Scania81…Heres Wenallts DAF at the same L.D.O.Y event as the Scania.Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thats the wenallt firm he left for bubbleman.
Just wondered what was their main traffic?
Big powered motor at the time.

pete 359:

I took this photo at Pembroke Dock in july 1985.
Often saw this motor in cutlers heights lane Bradford tipping tinplate from that works outside Velindre steel works across the road from jr steels.[afon works?]
They hauled hay and straw,caravans from Hull etc.
I believe their units were for sale at scania,s crosshands early 90,s but restarted later on.
Just to say great job on that Waters unit.
Dai

Punchy Dan:
Ooh so Andrew you finished the job off :open_mouth: ,did you drive carefully with that trailer or have you left flat spots on the tyres :laughing: ,a nice job you’ve done ,I’ll look forward to seeing .

Tyres? Flatspots■■?

Lance Biscomb:
I told you they sold square sausage up north : :astonished: :open_mouth: :laughing: M8

Hi lance,
Yes m8,delicious square sausage,happy days in Newcastle,nearly a year ago!

pete 359:

Punchy Dan:

Tyres? Flatspots■■?

That trailer used to be really bad for the brakes locking when empty .

Punchy Dan:

pete 359:

Punchy Dan:

Tyres? Flatspots■■?

That trailer used to be really bad for the brakes locking when empty .

Hi Dan,
Thanks,tbh it was fine and I use the excellent voith retarder a lot on my merc,for me that’s one of the biggest improvements in trucks since the days when I was driving regularly…
Regards Andrew.

Hi all,
A couple of classic Tony Morgan motors,the sed atki 400 is in Brecon and the 142 Scania is seen on cowbridge road after leaving costain at Bridgend,courtesy of Howard colcomb.

Hi all,
A pair of Ronnie S. Evans’ here courtesy of Ashley Lovering…

13669204_642525259245507_4774302829403200312_n.jpg

Big fire at a j t recycling the morning major disruption to road and rail services

smallcoal:
Big fire at a j t recycling the morning major disruption to road and rail services

Hi John,
I think you will find? The fire is at M&R commercials,next to AJT recycling at fforestfach.
Regards andrew.

Hi all,
Courtesy of former Tony Morgan driver,Howard Colcomb.

Hi all, anyone know what has happened to eps ,I know biffa has bought the recycling side ,the Volvo tractor units are parked up in cross hands and I see their tipper trailers in Carew are they still going cheers John

NMP.

Hi all,
Are my very near 52 year old eyes playing tricks? Or is that a Welsh registration? HDW 135,one of the well remembered Sid Harrison fleet from Sheffield.

pete 359:
Hi all,
Are my very near 52 year old eyes playing tricks? Or is that a Welsh registration? HDW 135,one of the well remembered Sid Harrison fleet from Sheffield.

Probably ex Wynns, DW the former Newport index reg ,regards Keith .