South African ERFs perhaps?

I dont know anything about the above ERFs, but heres another ERF you dont see many of, used by Cadwallader from Oswestry, with a steel cab for use on continental work.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

This wagon was later converted to RHD.

nianiamh:
I dont know anything about the above ERFs, but heres another ERF you dont see many of, used by Cadwallader from Oswestry, with a steel cab for use on continental work.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Thats the one in Pat Kennets ERF book isnt it? Do any of these Motor Panels cabbed ERFs still exist? Its the same basic cab that a lot of British manufacturers used, including Guy and Seddon. Also FTF used it in Holland IIRC.

John Ward from Oadby, near Leicester had one in preservation for a while and sold it on. I have a picture of it somewhere.

marky:

240 Gardner:
]

Yes, the testers for that event were Andy Salter and George Bennett. I was present, having arranged to supply the ex-Bowker Borderer for the test, and dined with them on the evening between the two days’ testing. I also helped advise Andy Salter on suitable vehicles and weights beforehand: his original idea was to go over Kirkby Stephen and Brough and, of course, those who know me will know that I wanted to be running at full weight!!

34 was still fresh from refurbishment back then - the seat covers were still on!!

I’ve just been reading it again - yes Chris, the sanding has stopped for the day. I got serious grief for leaving a layer of dust over everything in the house, then I broke the vacuum cleaner and had to shell out £33 for replacement parts.

The day started so well…

You know TC tells me? DIY stands for “Don’t Involve Yourself”!!

Yes - I concur with his view.

I’ve been putting this particular venture off for 5 years - and I wish I hadn’t started it…

TC & I are now officially depressed due to DIY.

I remember seeing those ERF’s on the road,didn’t they have double skinned roofs with air-con on the top,at the time I was driving round in a 4wheel TK Bedford,I dreamed about going to the ME in one of those.
regards derek