Some advice needed

JIMBO47:
out on the prairies in Manitoba Canada Drempels, aye got snow last week iirc think they said 10-15cms but at -10c+ it turns to ice today its -6c with freezing fog (coming week seems to be a high of -14c )couldn’t see the machine bucket to reverse under it from a truck length away…so days wage /truck rate go home says safety hehehe went in at 9am home at 10am

Wow, fair play to ya mate! Is Canada all it’s cracked up to be?

For me yes ,I did my 3yrs on distance then found a job in same village for a concrete company driving btrain /and mixers ,then when they put the haulage side out to next door company I went there ,…Now been working for him for 3 yrs same as uk but no tachos though and ot is after 50hrs but im better off than I would have been back in rural Scotland,housing is cheap in Manitoba in smaller town/villages. became a citizen last week … Now I didn’t have to prove anything to anyone as id been driving since I was 21 and came here when 48 with wife daughter two skids(after 20yrs married) a pocket o money from house sale and went for it nothing to lose as company I was wae for 21yrs was on last legs. it worked for me . have pictures on gallery and a thread in the expat side, o work etc. jimmy sorry for driving the thread off the road.

JIMBO47:
For me yes ,I did my 3yrs on distance then found a job in same village for a concrete company driving btrain /and mixers ,then when they put the haulage side out to next door company I went there ,…Now been working for him for 3 yrs same as uk but no tachos though and ot is after 50hrs but im better off than I would have been back in rural Scotland,housing is cheap in Manitoba in smaller town/villages. became a citizen last week … Now I didn’t have to prove anything to anyone as id been driving since I was 21 and came here when 48 with wife daughter two skids(after 20yrs married) a pocket o money from house sale and went for it nothing to lose as company I was wae for 21yrs was on last legs. it worked for me . have pictures on gallery and a thread in the expat side, o work etc. jimmy

Lovely to hear a success story, fair play to ya! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the advice much appreciated definitely put my mind at ease :smiley:

Dirty_Mascot:
Thanks for all the advice much appreciated definitely put my mind at ease :smiley:

The only one that puts pressure on you is you. You can only do within the time available what you can do, the old man told me many, many, years ago ‘the job takes as long as it takes’. Once you’ve fallen behind schedule it’s near impossible to pick it back up again, whilst when running ahead of time you seem to gain more time regardless of how much you try to waste some.

Just relax, do your best (or maybe not quite your best, always keep a bit back in reserve for Friday), without stressing, if someone else can do it better then they should have given them that run!