Sob

Muckaway:

Toddy2:

Radar19:

kr79:
I’ve noticed since the demise of Foden and ERF that volvo are popular among the showman crowd.
Be plenty of life in it for them.

Because they don’t require a laptop to fix, just some tools and elbow grease!

That is why the [zb] love them - they’ll fight over that in Zambia

I just want to know what word the auto censor blocked. :wink:

Whisky Oscar golf Sierra

Juddian:
In another few years when they find the electric parking brakes and half the other pointless electronic crap isn’t working on the new ones, and costs a fortune to put right, they’ll be buying good old girls like this one up and refurbishing them like billio so they’ve got some lorries they can rely on to do a days work when the rest of the fleet are in the queue for the laptop and ‘‘throw new parts at it till we happen upon the fault’’ .

The idea of computerised self diagnostics is, in theory, brilliant. Unfortunately, it can’t tell the difference between a sensor fault and a real fault. And that’s without the bloody computer itself failing!

Nice old truck by the way. Hope it keeps running for someone who’ll appreciate it.

It’s done well, I’d try and sell it to the collectors, I think the early ones must be getting in to the restoration bracket by know.
We’re trying to sell our 2003 series 2 FH12 with just over 1m kms on it, and it still run well, been well looked after by it’s drivers and the aircon works. :smiley: I know another race team who only sold thier M reg FH12 last year because it’s difficult to get spare parts for them as so many are exported.

Saw this in Caen port a few weeks back and he was doing a trailer change and on the way back out again, so he doesn’t just hop over the water now and then.

That’s more modern than all but one truck I ever drove. :slight_smile:

Much like an old car, old trucks have a bit of character about them.

First truck I had when I started in 2012 was a 2003 TGA, had done over a million k’s, although had a new engine at 800k. I took it home, scrubbed the life out of it, and drove it for quite a while. Still think I enjoyed that one more than any other I’ve driven since.