So who's took advantage

Build5:
even stacking shelves

:smiley: :smiley:
This is becoming a Trucknet meme like “we should stick together like the French”.

DCPCFML:

Build5:
even stacking shelves

:smiley: :smiley:
This is becoming a Trucknet meme like “we should stick together like the French”.

Stacking shelves might not be so bad for you mate, you could do as many hours as you like doing that without having to be creative with you’re tacho. Plus you could even get a proper break in… Win Win.

I’d be interested to know if anyone has first hand experience of a driver actually taking the mythical golden opportunity and becoming a shelf stacker.

the maoster:
I’d be interested to know if anyone has first hand experience of a driver actually taking the mythical golden opportunity and becoming a shelf stacker.

DCPCFML has, but he is too embarrassed to say, I will speak for him as he is a bit lost somewhere trying to find Melton.

the maoster:

I think the ones on here that have been shelf stackers before driving say the headline hourly rate is not all that when you work 25hrs a week when we can do that by dinner on Tuesday.

^^ that’s the key though innit mate? Shelf stacker BEFORE lorry driver, not the other way around. I keep pestering my boss and asking him whether we have a wheels to warehouse scheme and he keeps telling me to ■■■■ off and stop wasting his time! :smiley:

the maoster:
^^ that’s the key though innit mate? Shelf stacker BEFORE lorry driver, not the other way around. I keep pestering my boss and asking him whether we have a wheels to warehouse scheme and he keeps telling me to ■■■■ off and stop wasting his time! :smiley:

Wheels to Warehouse, mate that is what I call humour!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:

Dimlaith:
I’ve applied for quite a few jobs but when I get the call inviting me an interview
I get cold feet and turn it down. I’m in a secure job and just can’t take the risk
Of leaving. I’m institutionalised. Ahhhhh

Look at it this way.

1. you wouldn’t be applying for other jobs if you had a good job.

2. There is no 2.

I never said it was a good job, I said it was secure.I get your point
though and I don’t like my current job, I used too but I’m fed up with it.
Need a change but will not jump ship on a whim. Done exactly that before.

Within a week of leaving the small firm I worked for and my job being advertised on indeed, the pay rates that have never budged in 4 years pulling trailers for him , have gone up - a whole £25 a week.

Surely hauliers - big and small- are using this to pump up their rates, now that it’s pretty much common knowledge that theirs a Europe wide driver shortage.