So, who's been broken down this week?

I didn’t break down this week… mainly because I haven’t got my wagon back from the last time and have been working in the yard this week.

The tank was about 75% full so not sure it was ad-blu fault. Even after brimming the ad-blu tank it was still the same. :frowning:

Rob K:
The tank was about 75% full so not sure it was ad-blu fault. Even after brimming the ad-blu tank it was still the same. :frowning:

Ad=blu fault, not lack of ad-blu.

There’s sensors all over, especially in the exhaust, to make sure things are functioning correctly.

Just a silly question, was the gauge showing full / 3/4 full■■?

Rob K:
Not actually broken down but had to limp an Iveco 26 tonner back home from Scotland with virtually no power. Engine management light came on with a picture of an exhaust and some smoke particles on the display. Only had 2 tonne in the back but it wouldn’t do more than 50 on the flat and was down to 20mph on the hills :open_mouth: . No idea what was up with it - it had plenty of ad-blu in it.

That happend when I had the DAF pulling 20 odd tonne of glass to Catrine going up the A76. I was struggling getting it up and over the hilly sections! :blush: would only do 20-30 on flat sections. I don’t think I was the most popular driver on the roads that day :unamused:

It’s the sensor that goes into the Ad-Blue tank that goes faulty. I think it tells the Engine management system that there’s no Ad-Blue in the tank even if its full or something along those lines.

mmm,wednesday on kerbing work last load of the day rear axle n/s both tyres let go :imp: ,2miles to unload and scale in between open so onto the gravel to get around scale…
run to tyre shop (5ml)after unloading /washing in mixer job sorted …back to yrd …take another mixer back to my depot as driver had fell out of cab and split head open(missed the top step and nosedived into concrete :open_mouth: got concusion ,so truck not needed at 2nd yrd).
got 50ml and radiator hose split!!!,still 40ml to go!!
ended up on a suspended tow back to depot.got into depot at 10pm after leaving there at 5am.
Now thursday started at 6am back to finish of the kerbing job yeahha early doors 6pm …oooh can you run another mixer back for a service :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ok its 26c and i find the ■■■■ aircons blowing hot air and it wont shut off dang that was a long 90ml run ,windows open and earmuffs on.
jimmy.

Things must be busy ower there Jimmy your no postin much this weather. Eddie.

aye to say the least eddie…nobody wants a local job!! where they have to do work like on a redi mix truck…
boss advertised for a month an no one answered the call even saying he would take newbies…
did 68 hrs driving last week.(monday-friday ) wi OT after 42hrs worked.
LOL so its do a 12 shift on the gravel train ,then jump in a mixer for a load.if needed.
pity we are all getting on in age eddie as you would have fitted in welll over here.
take care …jimmy.