So do you have a new job lined up for 2020

biggriffin:
Well I’m looking for a job that pays £850 pw, start at 0800 finish at 1600 Monday to Thursday,and 1400 finish on fridays with 30days holidays a year+ bank holidays, O and two weeks at Christmas, all paid, and a final salery pension,. But I’m struggling to get a job as a Civil servent, or even an MP,. So I’ll just carry on were i’am.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
some of the limpers in here wouldnt get out of bed for that money mate.
well they might,but not till at least march or april when they all come back from the thailand beaches skint. :slight_smile:

truckertang:
My mate is hopefully lining me up with a start at his place on the tippers, always a positive i think when firms rarely have vacancies [emoji1696][emoji1696]

Not done tippers since the mid 90’s but it seems ok nowadays plus the yard is only 5mins from my house [emoji106] [emoji605][emoji605]

Currently on artic doing locals with curtain/skelly but the journey home is doing my head in, 15mins going in and upto 80mins coming home, money is a tad on the low side but the hours do suit my home life, I’ll keep my head down and see what occurs in the next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The commute home is why I stay in yard if back as Fair oak to Gosport at 5pm could take over an hour [emoji49] yet on a Sunday at same time takes 30mins [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:

carryfast-yeti:
got a new manager at our place,nice enough guy,but [zb] clueless Transport wise :astonished: fixated on double deckers,and we do multi-drop,and collections from suppliers.but is it worth moving on at 64 yo? although i’m not one of those doddering old [zb] you see struggling to get in and out of their cab’s :laughing: Dpd not far from me at Hinckley…might be worth a look…

Did he use to work for Arla?
Years ago, some bright spark with an -ology degree, had a brainwave. He’d seen loaded fridges going out, and running g back empty, and seen empty tankers go out, and see them come back loaded…

“What if we combine a fridge and a tank, so that it can go out loaded, and pick up milk on the way back? No more empty mileage, think of the savings…”

The pointy shoes all agreed slapped backs, made a memo saying 'do it’s, and went to the bistro…

A few months later, the fabled Arla double decker was unveiled… a tank, with all the pipework and pumps and computer, in the bottom, and a fridge, with all the insulation and fridge unit, on the top…
Just think of the benefits for the environment, no more empty mileage, we’re saving the planet.

“Those with actual knowledge of the job, already knows where this is going…”

Because of the weight of the tank and all the peripherals, only half a load of bottled milk can be carried. This small load, must however be loaded with the external tail lift, because of the tank below…
It takes much longer to un/load half a load. Oh, and the trailer is now top heavy…
Because of the fridge only half a load of milk can be collected. And most farms are not suited for double decker access… so the tanker needs to go to a dairy, to tranship from normal ex-farm tankers…

So in short, you need two of the double dockers, to replace one tanker, and one fridge. Standard fridges and tanks are flexible and go virtually anywhere, whereas the double decker needs to avoid low bridges, and cant go to most farms.

So did the incompetent bell end who thought all this up, and who cost the firm thousands developing these white elephant trailers keep his job?
Don’t tell me, let me guess,… he was instead moved on to a different depot or dept on a job with a better salary.
These ■■■■ s all look after each other. :smiling_imp:

Me? …I’ll just carry on with the job I enjoy doing.
Hopefully continue to be left alone with no hassle, to just get on with it, until I get all my drops off and until I have to ring in once a week for re.load details…aka ‘The way I like it’’ :wink:

At the same time I’ll try and continue to ignore all the Co b/s “driver agitation for the sake of it” stuff, that we get from the gentleman at main depot level, (who filters down all the compliance crap to the smaller depots.)

So I’ll hopefully just continue to keep myself to myself, I’ll acknowledge the few lads on the firm, who are on the same wavelength as me, (who just like me have the job sussed, and who cut through the crap and see things as they really are, instead of believing what we are told) and at the same time ignore all the other d/head teararsing heroes, in their desperate race to impress the boss,… but whilst treating them with contempt and constant amusement, I’ll be sat safe in the knowledge I am on the same money as them for a quarter of the stress. :sunglasses:

In other words, no quest for a 2020 new job at all, but instead a ''Better the devil you know/Business as usual" scenario, with my swede kept right down, doing the job the best I can, but looking after numero uno. :sunglasses:
Happy days.

mike68:

carryfast-yeti:
got a new manager at our place,nice enough guy,but [zb] clueless Transport wise :astonished: fixated on double deckers,and we do multi-drop,and collections from suppliers.but is it worth moving on at 64 yo? although i’m not one of those doddering old [zb] you see struggling to get in and out of their cab’s :laughing: Dpd not far from me at Hinckley…might be worth a look…

I should stick with it.

From my personal experience inept management usually means an easy life.

From my experience, “inept management” often means a RUINED life… One where the inept managers often like to blame others close enough to hit in the firing line for their own mistakes…
A simple example would be giving agency staff conflicting instructions that are guaranteed to upset a rival manager, but barely satisfy the one actually giving you that business-rending order. :unamused:

I would argue that DHL, Fedex, and Royal Mail at very least - have that particular kind of management these days. Treating other of their own depots like a proverbial rival bunch of gangsters, essentially… Always this talk of “If we send stuff to so-and-so in cages rather than on pallets - they’ll fine us!” Meanwhile, at the other depot, the manager will be going “Make sure when outside drivers get here, especially agency - that there’s no “official” empty containers to be found anywhere, and they are forced to use the type that rolls in the revenues for us here as a depot - and we’ll be able to employ a whole lot more paperless migrants here, thus showing solidarity with Labour high command about the country.”

Surely all us workers want from their “firm” - is (1) Turn up to work for so many hours per week (2) get paid
NOT all this (1) Jump through silly hoops all the time (2) …Or you’ll be let go at the drop of a hat…

gmccabe13:
No I will be sticking with my current gig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is it? Do you enjoy? They advertise a lot in London, shifts 24/7, £25000-30000. Would you recommend?

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

milesahead:

gmccabe13:

How is it? Do you enjoy? They advertise a lot in London, shifts 24/7, £25000-30000. Would you recommend?

Easy enough job salary of £28088 (London guys get extra £306 per month) for 2080hrs per year av 40hrs per week
OT after 9hrs £18.57 repeating 4 week Rota 6months worth in advance 18 shifts in said 4 weeks plenty of OT can’t be made to work over 12 hrs if u don’t want to .

gmccabe13:

milesahead:

gmccabe13:

Easy enough job salary of £28088 (London guys get extra £306 per month) for 2080hrs per year av 40hrs per week
OT after 9hrs £18.57 repeating 4 week Rota 6months worth in advance 18 shifts in said 4 weeks plenty of OT can’t be made to work over 12 hrs if u don’t want to .

Thank you. Unfortunately no matter how much I zoom I can’t see what’s written on the screenshot.

milesahead:

gmccabe13:

milesahead:

gmccabe13:

Thank you. Unfortunately no matter how much I zoom I can’t see what’s written on the screenshot.

gmccabe13:

milesahead:

gmccabe13:

milesahead:

gmccabe13:

Thanks!

Think I’m going to stay in the comfort zone of doing local container work,average money occasional nights out.
Until my quest of getting on permanent at a supermarket with an early am start ever happens.
That said I get all bank holidays off now and Xmas and I wouldn’t get that at a supermarket but I would still give it a go as the not knowing what time I’m home every day does my head in,at least with a supermarket I’d have an idea and probably be on a bit more money.
Could be worse I could be one of these guys on general been run ragged

robthedog:

Bigtruck3:
Or are you going to stick with the old

You’ll be going back touring will you
You can clean the toilets and be a tea boy again

That reads like sour grapes and something that you must have had to do at some (stage) in your life or still are, if its part of your job that’s ok I mean you get the experience of blanking other drivers on the road or the boat and also boring your friends and family that you cleaned the toilets on some big name tour and brushed the floor, and that would be after making the tea and being the gofor, I can do that gis a job

Made myself available on agency for six days out of seven next week - just in case it’s going to get quiet in January - right??

WRONG! I got six fills on those six days I made myself available - all coming in at once.

Looks like the week AFTER next in january - is going to be limited to a 36 hour week then. :unamused: :unamused:

What is “January” on agency these days?

“Just the month that follows December” - by the looks of it.

Winseer:
WRONG! I got six fills on those six days I made myself available - all coming in at once.

Looks like the week AFTER next in january - is going to be limited to a 36 hour week then. :unamused: :unamused:

You could always use that “short” week to read up on the WTD and discover why after all this time you still repeatedly fail to grasp it.

the maoster:

Winseer:

You could always use that “short” week to read up on the WTD and discover why after all this time you still repeatedly fail to grasp it.

:laughing: :laughing:

Ave some of that!.png

the maoster:

Winseer:

Did they just change something?

Do you have to park up after 5 days now or summat?

Is this a Brexit thing??