Snapped by camera van in Scotland

dieseldog999:
but they wont as they can currently screw far more revenue from the boat traffic on a 24/7 basis

I don’t think either Police Scotland or the Scottish Government are interested in generating revenue for Her Majesty’s Treasury.

Glen A9:

dieseldog999:
but they wont as they can currently screw far more revenue from the boat traffic on a 24/7 basis

I don’t think either Police Scotland or the Scottish Government are interested in generating revenue for Her Majesty’s Treasury.

If not so who get the revenue from all the millions of ASC’s cameras already about ■■ OK so millions is a slight exageration …

Fines are paid to the courts, all revenue from courts goes to HM Treasury. IE, the UK Government, not the Scottish Government or the police.

raymundo:
Seeing as the Scottish law makers love ASC’s I’m surprised there aren’t any on the 75, would improve the coffers greatly but would do the Irish economy great harm ! (sorry guv, I missed the boat !! :cry: )

They’d be set at 60 so wouldn’t have any effect. Same as the ones on the A77 Girvan to Ayr they don’t slow anyone down.

harrawaffa:

raymundo:
Seeing as the Scottish law makers love ASC’s I’m surprised there aren’t any on the 75, would improve the coffers greatly but would do the Irish economy great harm ! (sorry guv, I missed the boat !! :cry: )

They’d be set at 60 so wouldn’t have any effect. Same as the ones on the A77 Girvan to Ayr they don’t slow anyone down.

the story goes that it wasnt so bad many years ago til a truckie creamed one of the judges in stranraers daughter and they have been frowned upon ever since for so long its now just a way of life.they would only need 3 sets of 2 cameras over the 97 miles to obliterate 99% of trucks speeding…they dont,hence just a cash cow from the trucks.
the ones on the 77 are all in the wrong places with roundabouts and obstacles like girvan in the middle of them,so they have no effect whatsoever n speed.

Rowley010:
Do those log wagons drivers realise it’s still 40 up there and 50 (apart from the A9) like it is in England, or do they all just know where the vans park? Because I guarantee if you stick to 40 and no more a log wagon or tipper will be 2 inches away from you and trying to bully you into pulling over and let them by. One overtook me when I was doing 40 on a single carriageway.

Here’s a mental, off the chart idea:

Get out the way and let the faster traffic pass, frustration causes accidents. If you’re happy to sit at 40 you’re obviously in no rush so pulling over isn’t going to cost you time.

A.

dieseldog999:
the ones on the 77 are all in the wrong places with roundabouts and obstacles like girvan in the middle of them,so they have no effect whatsoever n speed.

You obviously haven’t been on the 77 recently then!! Nor do you obviouly know how they work!!

im fully aware of how average cameras work…especially on the 77.coming south,you need to be aware of the 1st 2. at the curry shop…theres a roundabout between the next ones so no matter how flat out you can go,you could never be going fast enough…the cpl along the seafront may catch you,but unlikely,and girvan is in the middle of the next 2 sets…the last ones heading from girvan to ballantrae might catch you though even flat out,they basically couldnt because of the bends on the road…ive driven it completely flat out for years,and have never came o greif including the ones that possibly might catch you,and i know of no one who gives a toss about them.as far as trucks are concerned then just ignore them.

Glen A9:
Fines are paid to the courts, all revenue from courts goes to HM Treasury. IE, the UK Government, not the Scottish Government or the police.

Not quite true - the Scottish Courts Service keeps 10% of road traffic fines and fixed penalty revenue, with the remainder going to HM Treasury.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quinny:
You will be lucky that your not invited to tea and biscuits.

Ken.

Read to the bottom of this…

transportoperator.co.uk/2017/10/ … -business/

Adonis.:

Rowley010:
Do those log wagons drivers realise it’s still 40 up there and 50 (apart from the A9) like it is in England, or do they all just know where the vans park? Because I guarantee if you stick to 40 and no more a log wagon or tipper will be 2 inches away from you and trying to bully you into pulling over and let them by. One overtook me when I was doing 40 on a single carriageway.

Here’s a mental, off the chart idea:

Get out the way and let the faster traffic pass, frustration causes accidents. If you’re happy to sit at 40 you’re obviously in no rush so pulling over isn’t going to cost you time.

A.

Exactly right. 40 is a lot slower than pretty much everyone else wants to go.

They’ve got the local knowledge, or don’t care, either way once you hit a section that you can see down just give them a few quick flashes of the nearside indicator and ease off to let them past smoothly.

Doing a lap of shame around a roundabout can also release a bunch of traffic trapped behind you, with minimal effort. Likewise, pulling into a layby briefly will work too.

There is no need to go diving off the road every 5 minutes, just make use of obvious opportunities and drive the way that you’re comfortable with.

anytime im off the boat at the front of the pack,then il just pull in for a cpl mins and let the donegal exocet squadron fly past me and shake the bushes for me,then just slip into the rocking chair and let the stragglers watch my bum.so long as your happpy tagging on with the pack and can keep up,then just let them fly on past.if smeone wanted to pass me then id be too shocked to do anything other than wave them on and see who the hell they are as it would be on a par with finding lord lucan. :smiley:

harrawaffa:

raymundo:

Two of the worst bottlenecks in the UK imo, Girvan an Maybole. Btw i used to run into Girvan with sabout 840 ton of logs for the sawmill near there.