Smith of Maddiston

Buzzer

ERF.

A03901p.JPG

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Cleaning up the photo a little,the fleet designation appears to begin with SD,the numbers are illegible,SD was Southampton depot,perhaps Fergie recognises the driver?

David

Hello all.
Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can obtain a copy of Transport Drivers Pocket Guide… see above.

I can’t imagine where you got this photo from . I bought this booklet in 1969 , or to be more precise , one exactly like it . It got shoved into the back of a drawer where it remained for several decades , but I no longer have it unfortunately .
Allow me to apologise in advance for my negativity , but I reckon your chances of turning one of these up are probably on a par with scooping the euro millions lottery jackpot .
I look forward to being proven wrong however as I have a faint recollection of Lawrence Dunbar posting a similar image some while back .

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hi John / David (5th wheel).hope all’s well with you all…

That “poser” is a young Monty, he’d be 21 at the time, if you look closer you can just about make out the “L” plate, I was his "instructor " but as he was a better driver than me I was just a passenger…

Photo of RMS39G …SD568…my wagon at the time

Hello all.
Gentle reminder that I have documented the history of Smith of Maddiston and it is available in two book volumes.
I have had fantastic feedback from people who purchased them.
If interested, email me for further details.
paulmbruce@hotmail.com

Buzzer