Sleeping in cabs on ferries - safety warning issued

Once, crossing the Irish Sea, it was so rough that the ferry couldn’t get into port and sat bobbing about for hours. I was so sea-sick that dying in my cab in an up-turned ferry would have been a happy release.

ChrisArbon:
Once, crossing the Irish Sea, it was so rough that the ferry couldn’t get into port and sat bobbing about for hours. I was so sea-sick that dying in my cab in an up-turned ferry would have been a happy release.

I feel your pain Chris…

Aside from throwing up like a firehose and feeling absolutely dreadful on a Pompey Caen boat, I realised your face actually does go green.

There are two stages of sea sickness, stage one is where you think you will die and stage two is where you hope you will die.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Or it can mean even more food at the lunchtime buffet for those of us who are immune to sea sickness.5 or 6 days of Atlantic swells and waves and as much top notch free food as you can eat with a similar sized dinner for later what’s not to like. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=T2ztV7W7VY0

youtube.com/watch?v=XS-KZXiV8DQ

newmercman:
There are two stages of sea sickness, stage one is where you think you will die and stage two is where you hope you will die.

^^^^^^^^^
especially if your smitten so badly that you follow through and kakk your trollies when in mid chunder looking for hugh and ruth… :grimacing:
fortunately ive only ever felt seasick a few times out on a small boat fishing and a cpl times on a truck ferry,but you cant help feel sorry for the ones who it affects.

dieseldog999:

newmercman:

^^^^^^^^^
especially if your smitten so badly that you follow through and kakk your trollies when in mid chunder looking for hugh and ruth… :grimacing:
fortunately ive only ever felt seasick a few times out on a small boat fishing and a cpl times on a truck ferry,but you cant help feel sorry for the ones who it affects.

I’ve never spewed, I’ve been absolutely terrified a few times, I even demanded a helicopter rescue on a particularly bad crossing on a freighter on the north sea going up to Norway, but I still managed to keep everything down.

The sea sickness bug is contagious though, on a busy passenger boat once someone starts it sets off a chain reaction and soon it’s an epidemic.

newmercman:
The sea sickness bug is contagious though, on a busy passenger boat once someone starts it sets off a chain reaction and soon it’s an epidemic.

Going to the toilets can then be a slippery experience but at least rough weather keeps them away from the bar …

newmercman:

Going to the toilets can then be a slippery experience but at least rough weather keeps them away from the bar …

double post …

newmercman:

dieseldog999:

newmercman:

^^^^^^^^^

I’ve never spewed, I’ve been absolutely terrified a few times, I even demanded a helicopter rescue on a particularly bad crossing on a freighter on the north sea going up to Norway, but I still managed to keep everything down.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
ive starded a couple of epidemics myself when ive seen them put out the sick bags.
heres how it works.
shovel in your tea in the truckies lounge.
put some fruit salad or whatever into a sick bag.
dont forget to steal a fork on the way out for a stroll to check out the available ■■■■■.
at a suitable point during the crossing,sit with as many passengers as possible.
go through the motions of loudly vomiting into the aforementioned sick bag containing the fruit salad.
once you know everybody is atching you,then closely examine the contents of the aforementioned sick bag…produce the fork from your pocket,pick out something nice and start to eat it…then see how many passengers bolt for the bags and toilets… :smiley:

I think it was Peter Cook that did that with a Russian salad on a plane, he had the whole of first class spewing their hoop

newmercman:
I think it was Peter Cook that did that with a Russian salad on a plane, he had the whole of first class spewing their hoop

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
it works well whenever you do it… :slight_smile:

ive starded a couple of epidemics myself when ive seen them put out the sick bags.
heres how it works.
shovel in your tea in the truckies lounge.
put some fruit salad or whatever into a sick bag.
dont forget to steal a fork on the way out for a stroll to check out the available ■■■■■.
at a suitable point during the crossing,sit with as many passengers as possible.
go through the motions of loudly vomiting into the aforementioned sick bag containing the fruit salad.
once you know everybody is atching you,then closely examine the contents of the aforementioned sick bag…produce the fork from your pocket,pick out something nice and start to eat it…then see how many passengers bolt for the bags and toilets… :smiley:

My god, brilliant.

p&o have now pulled out all the stops due to the recent incident where half a dozen lorries tipped over because the taliban deck crew couldnt be bothered to chain them down.
they have pulled out all the stops to ensure all the truckies go upstairs to sit for every single crossing by sticking up one of these on each access door to the car decks.
problem solved.nobody will dare ignore these signs and will never ever sleep in their cabs again.
telling the taliban to dig out the chains when its a rough sea might have been a better idea,but well done p&o.