Sleep Apnoea University Questionnaire

Atef:

Franglais:
How`s it going Atef?
Enough replies to be useful?

(this might put the thread on some “recent posts” screens)

Hello, I have so far received 4 responses which isn’t as much as I needed, but still I’m very grateful for your time.

Disappointing. Without any input from us, you aren`t going to stand any chance of making things better for us, nor the general public.

Maybe there are only 4 drivers on TN with Sleep apnoea?

msgyorkie:

And that’s probably the four who’ve blocked a certain user. The ones that haven’t have no problems sleeping

msgyorkie:

Good question.
This is an old link*, but,
“OSA and driving
People whose work involves driving are particularly
at risk if they have undiagnosed OSA, because
if they fall asleep at the wheel they may, and
unfortunately DO, cause collisions. The current
estimate for the prevalence of OSA in HGV
drivers is over 15%.”
At this instant there are 450 browsing TNUK, if they are all drivers, (OK, they aren`t) there would be about 65 who could fill the form in.
Not all will be aware they have SA, hence the survey to understand how to inform us all.

*https://www.blf.org.uk/sites/default/files/OSA_Toolkit_2015_BLF_0.pdf

I got tested years ago after a series of visits to my GP, who sent me for testing for SA after feeling tired at work all the time.

I wore the kit overnight that recorded my sleep pattern and they gave me the results as mild SA and wasn’t a risk to driving. Turns out from the results it worked out that I sleep on my side a lot, my airway was reduced because I had large pillows and I snored and had a girlfriend at the time. She left me about 6 years ago and I never had any SA symptoms since.

Long story, short turns out she was kicking me at night when I was snoring, hence never getting any REM sleep and wondering why my back and legs ached every morning. :laughing: