Sir Tony Blair petition

Is it not odd that two of the most influential politicians of recent times are the most vilified?
I wonder, what is the real reason you labour luvvies hate Blair so much? Personally, he makes my skin crawl, but so do most Labour acolytes. Yet, as all former PM’s before him were knighted, (I know Supermac declined his, you anorak) the precedent has been set.
Funny how you all bleat about the so called ‘illegal war’ in Iraq, and yet prosecuter supremo Sir Starmer endorses the knighthood. There are deeper political issues at play here, rather than anger at the Iraqi body count.

Janos:
Is it not odd that two of the most influential politicians of recent times are the most vilified?
I wonder, what is the real reason you labour luvvies hate Blair so much? Personally, he makes my skin crawl, but so do most Labour acolytes. Yet, as all former PM’s before him were knighted, (I know Supermac declined his, you anorak) the precedent has been set.
Funny how you all bleat about the so called ‘illegal war’ in Iraq, and yet prosecuter supremo Sir Starmer endorses the knighthood. There are deeper political issues at play here, rather than anger at the Iraqi body count.

Certainly not a Labour luvvie but as an ex serviceman the Iraq body count matters to me.

So all ex PMs have been honoured? None stand proved as having lied to Parlt at the expense of soldiers lives.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Sploom:
Yes,its the wrong place,its supposed to be about trucks

It would seem the mods are happy for it to stay. :wink:

Bin Man:

Sploom:
Yes,its the wrong place,its supposed to be about trucks

It would seem the mods are happy for it to stay. :wink:

It’s Bullies so the anything but Sir Blair usurper is fair game.If only it was ye olde days and he could be challenged to a joust.

Interesting quote below from Craig Murray’s blog: craigmurray.org.uk

Part of an interesting post about Kazkahstan’s present situation. I urge you to read it.

“Kazakhstan is an authoritarian dictatorship with extreme divisions in wealth and power between the ruling class – often still the old Soviet nomenklatura and their families – and everybody else. No political opposition is permitted. Infamously, after a massacre of striking miners, Tony Blair contacted former dictator Nazarbayev offering his PR services to help limit political fallout. This resulted in a $4 million per year contract for Blair to assist Kazakhstan’s PR, a contract on which BBC favourites Jonathon Powell and Alastair Campbell both worked.”

The poll topped a million and made the papers today :smiley:

mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ … r-25881623

As he’s one of the main supporters of vaccine passports, I’ve signed it.

A true leader.
Sir Tony deserves it.

a true leader :laughing: didn’t exactly lead his troops into battle…

i’m hoping they build a statue …then i can pull it down :smiling_imp:

adam277:
A true leader.
Sir Tony deserves it.

Take a gander at this piece Adam. Obviously not impartial as the writer admits that he loathes Blair. Thoughts?

countrysquire.co.uk/2022/01/07/ … y17kGVsIAU

the maoster:

adam277:
A true leader.
Sir Tony deserves it.

Take a gander at this piece Adam. Obviously not impartial as the writer admits that he loathes Blair. Thoughts?

A strong argument. But as he admits in the piece. Find a politician not corrupt. I think there is a stronger argument for Cameron not getting knighted over Blair.
I prefer Clarkson’s take on it.

thesun.co.uk/news/17256071/ … -clarkson/

AT the time of writing, a petition to have Tony Blair stripped of his recent knighthood has been signed by one million people.

And now everyone is saying that, in the face of such huge opposition, Mrs Queen should back down and strip the man of his gong, even before he officially gets it.

Not going to happen, I’m afraid, because a million signatures is nothing.

On the website that’s hosting the anti-Sir Blair movement, more than three times as many people care about getting Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe out of Iran.

And more than a million put their name to a campaign to stop animal abusers from ever owning a pet again.

So the fact is that the anti-Blair movement isn’t getting that much traction at all.

Revolting spectacle
And there’s another problem, too. Because while one million people think His Tonyness is a war criminal who belongs in a prison, not a palace, it’s a fact that everyone else in the country either thinks he should get a knighthood or is so ambivalent they can’t even be bothered to click a box on a website. Something which requires almost no effort at all.

This is what you always have to remember.
I was very flattered when a million people signed a petition urging the BBC not to sack me, but I always knew at the back of my mind that some 64million hadn’t.

Tony Blair knows this better than anyone, because back in 2002, when he was Prime Minister, more than 400,000 country people marched through the capital protesting about the ban on fox hunting. Which meant that some 59million had stayed at home to watch the footie. And as a result of that, the ban went ahead.

The following year, an even greater number arrived in the capital to complain about Blair’s ludicrous attempts to start a war in Iraq. The police said at least 750,000 attended. The BBC said it was a million. Those who were there said it was more.

Whatever, it was certainly the biggest protest march ever seen in Britain. And what did Blair do? Yup, he ignored it and started the war anyway.

The only realistic way, then, of stopping Blair from getting his knighthood is to have an official referendum on the matter. But after the Brexit debacle, I can’t see that happening any time soon.

So we must face the fact that soon, we will be treated to the revolting spectacle of this awful man taking the knee, not for the good of others, but for his own absurd gratification.

carryfast-yeti:
i’m hoping they build a statue …then i can pull it down :smiling_imp:

Do you need some help and a good winch and cable.The only problem then will be getting through the crowd.

adam277:

the maoster:

adam277:
A true leader.
Sir Tony deserves it.

A strong argument. But as he admits in the piece. Find a politician not corrupt. I think there is a stronger argument for Cameron not getting knighted over Blair.
I prefer Clarkson’s take on it.

thesun.co.uk/news/17256071/ … -clarkson/

AT the time of writing, a petition to have Tony Blair stripped of his recent knighthood has been signed by one million people.

And now everyone is saying that, in the face of such huge opposition, Mrs Queen should back down and strip the man of his gong, even before he officially gets it.

Not going to happen, I’m afraid, because a million signatures is nothing.

On the website that’s hosting the anti-Sir Blair movement, more than three times as many people care about getting Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe out of Iran.

And more than a million put their name to a campaign to stop animal abusers from ever owning a pet again.

So the fact is that the anti-Blair movement isn’t getting that much traction at all.

Revolting spectacle
And there’s another problem, too. Because while one million people think His Tonyness is a war criminal who belongs in a prison, not a palace, it’s a fact that everyone else in the country either thinks he should get a knighthood or is so ambivalent they can’t even be bothered to click a box on a website. Something which requires almost no effort at all.

This is what you always have to remember.
I was very flattered when a million people signed a petition urging the BBC not to sack me, but I always knew at the back of my mind that some 64million hadn’t.

Tony Blair knows this better than anyone, because back in 2002, when he was Prime Minister, more than 400,000 country people marched through the capital protesting about the ban on fox hunting. Which meant that some 59million had stayed at home to watch the footie. And as a result of that, the ban went ahead.

The following year, an even greater number arrived in the capital to complain about Blair’s ludicrous attempts to start a war in Iraq. The police said at least 750,000 attended. The BBC said it was a million. Those who were there said it was more.

Whatever, it was certainly the biggest protest march ever seen in Britain. And what did Blair do? Yup, he ignored it and started the war anyway.

The only realistic way, then, of stopping Blair from getting his knighthood is to have an official referendum on the matter. But after the Brexit debacle, I can’t see that happening any time soon.

So we must face the fact that soon, we will be treated to the revolting spectacle of this awful man taking the knee, not for the good of others, but for his own absurd gratification.
[/quote]
[/quote]

“I prefer Clarkson’s take on it.”

Including the final paragraph? With which I agree. Our system will steamroller it ahead. But it will be sickening to see.

Just watching George Galloway’s MOATS show on YT & Blair is getting a right roasting. Overwhelming vote on YT is 85% against 15% voted saying Blair should decline the knighthood to spare the Queens blushes. Something else I found out tonight about the greedy beggars was they claimed £85k in furlough money despite having a £100million fortune between him & his missus. :open_mouth:

Anyone watched the George Galloway programme ,the killings of Tony Blair ? An interesting watch.

you mean this guy?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZldKLKQ1joE

images.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-12-12-at-11.28.19-AM-300x199.png