Sir Keir Starmer: Same calibre as Diane Abbott?

Franglais:

Mazzer2:
I know Starmer has changed his stance on Brexit that’s old news, reading newspapers is not exclusive to the left, but why put the candidate forward that he did for Hartlepool? Doesn’t say a lot about his judgement or how in touch he is with the people of Hartlepool, constantly slagging off the Tories will not get him elected as PM, coming up with policies that will benefit the working classes not pandering to the latest trend in victim politics and running a party that is capable of listening to the electorate and not just a tiny vocal minority from the right on university campus’s of London. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the current Conservative party they are in power and due to the incompetence of the Labour Party look likely to stay there for quite a while

Good post. (IMHO)

Constantly slagging off the Tories wont get him elected? When Johnson (and his press baron masters) and others slag off him and his predecessors? It works for them doesn`t it?

You read more than one source? Im not at all surprised! But dont you accept that that many sources chose to soft pedal on much of CURRENT Labour thinking?

One of the biggest turn off’s for the public from politics is the constant bickering and slagging off the other side rather than concentrating on what you have to offer so is unlikely to win him any floating voters. Undoubtedly some of the criticism of Labour is unjustified and criticism for criticism sake but until they can put forward a plan for how they want to move forward they will get nowhere. Starmer’s reaction to Thursday’s results is to sack a lot of the team around him, these are people he chose for the positions they hold and on Wednesday were in his eyes capable of holding these posts, again poor leadership on his behalf. Appointing a pro Brexit candidate for Hartlepool would have given strength to his position on Brexit and not shown contempt for the voters you can hardly blame the press for giving him a hard time when he presents as such an easy target

Mazzer2:
One of the biggest turn off’s for the public from politics is the constant bickering and slagging off the other side rather than concentrating on what you have to offer so is unlikely to win him any floating voters. Undoubtedly some of the criticism of Labour is unjustified and criticism for criticism sake but until they can put forward a plan for how they want to move forward they will get nowhere. Starmer’s reaction to Thursday’s results is to sack a lot of the team around him, these are people he chose for the positions they hold and on Wednesday were in his eyes capable of holding these posts, again poor leadership on his behalf. Appointing a pro Brexit candidate for Hartlepool would have given strength to his position on Brexit and not shown contempt for the voters you can hardly blame the press for giving him a hard time when he presents as such an easy target

For you and I, slagging matches may be a turnoff, but PMQs and lots of articles suggest that the public isn`t all in agreement with our own noble selves. :smiley:

Starmer sacked those responsible, in his judgment, for a cockup. That is a bosss job. You surely cant say that all should be judged on their first choice of staff, or those discovered to be incompetent in new positions would never be replaced. (The Peter Principle?)
Johnson hired a certain Dom ■■■■■■■■ and gave him massive support…how many are pointing to that character judgment call?
I don`t know that much about Labour or their possible candidates for the Hartlepool election to comment that much on choice of candidates. But I do think that your choice of the word “contempt” is surprising.

Keir Starmer must think she is high calibre as it appears he has kept her as the Shadow Home Secretary after his cabinet re-shuffle. For me that says it all about the state of t he Labour party.

There won’t be a Labour resurgence, ever, unless and until it scraps its ethos of the last 3 decades and resumes its roots of representing the genuine working class once more.

We needed a Labour party desperately, especially in opposition in current and recent times to hold the govt to account, that the Labour party cynically deserted its duty to Oppose under Starmer more than any other leader has put the final nails in the party’s coffin.

One could be forgiven for thinking Starmer was put there deliberately so there wouldn’t be an Opposition deserving of the name during the build up to whatever they have planned for us.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

For you and I, slagging matches may be a turnoff, but PMQs and lots of articles suggest that the public isn`t all in agreement with our own noble selves. :smiley:

Starmer sacked those responsible, in his judgment, for a cockup. That is a bosss job. You surely cant say that all should be judged on their first choice of staff, or those discovered to be incompetent in new positions would never be replaced. (The Peter Principle?)
Johnson hired a certain Dom ■■■■■■■■ and gave him massive support…how many are pointing to that character judgment call?
I don`t know that much about Labour or their possible candidates for the Hartlepool election to comment that much on choice of candidates. But I do think that your choice of the word “contempt” is surprising.

The points scoring and bickering is a complete boring pain in the arse.
All.I’ve heard these last few weeks, instead of discussing what the Labour Party could do after a successful election, is how much Boris spent on his flat at Downing st,.and where the funds came from.
Who tf apart from Starmer,.(and undoubtedly Franglais :smiley: ) gives a flying ■■■■■■? :neutral_face: , if he gets a perk out of the job, good luck to him.
There are far more important issues going on in the country that need tweaked and reviewed.

I hope the tory fan boys on here who are so outraged about Diane Abbot don’t find out about Boris Johnson’s buddy* Claire Fox.

Praising the IRA bombing in Warrington, and defending child ■■■■ on the internet as a ‘freedom’… Even defended Gary Glitter…

Mind you she is a Tory so she will be forgiven for anything by those who only care for themselves.

*by buddy I mean she was elevated to the House of Lords by Boris Johnson

Not a Tory fan boy by any means. Two of my favourite politicians were Tony Benn and Margaret Thatcher. Not for their policies, as obviously they were polar opposites, but more the fact of the passion they exuded and the total belief in what they said. Both were uncompromising and I suspect very difficult to deal with, but by God you knew exactly where you stood with either of them.

Compare them to the vast majority of political pygmies who haunt the corridors of Whitehall nowadays apparently only after feathering their own nests.

Darkside:
I hope the tory fan boys on here who are so outraged about Diane Abbot don’t find out about Boris Johnson’s buddy* Claire Fox.

Praising the IRA bombing in Warrington, and defending child ■■■■ on the internet as a ‘freedom’… Even defended Gary Glitter…

Mind you she is a Tory so she will be forgiven for anything by those who only care for themselves.

*by buddy I mean she was elevated to the House of Lords by Boris Johnson

Not so sure there’s any toryfanboys on here TBH, some hold their noses and cast a vote for them because its a vote to keep the allegdly more dangerous Labour party out.

I hold a candle for none of them, the tories are detestable, conserving nothing, Labour should have made massive headway during the covid scam by calling out the theft of freedoms that discators throughout history would be envious of, instead Labour only criticised as not hard or soon enough for their liking otherwise agreed.
I couldn’t give a tuppeny one how much the No10 grace and favour flat redecorating cost, when you total how much money has been borrowed from Richie’s arse and ■■■■■■ up the wall for the covid scam alone if the actual unelected PM Carrie spent too much on some crass wallpaper so bloody what, it’s not as if Johnson can take the bloody flat with him is it.

What a sorry bloody state of affairs when HM’s Opposition is so utterly dire that DePfeffels current first female is the only one people dare risk voting for!! we’re buggered.

I am so confused. Sky now says Diane Abbott is the former Shadow Home Secretary? In which case all I can say is At Last!!

If Labour doesn’t remove Keir - Keir will remove Labour.