Simplon Pass

the eagle is a monument to the troops who guarded the frontier in WW2.

Cheers Dieselcowboy i though it must have been something to do with
the war,looks very impressive and bloody big!

Was that the Italiano Troops who were guarding the frontier in WW2.Rotten dangerous job if you ask me. :cry:

No Charlie, it was a brigade of Krauts ! I think it was to stop the Italians from escaping. Why else they had to guard it I dunno, 'cause the Swiss were neutral
and the Italians were on the side of anyone who was winning on any particular day.

Thank you Nobby for the enlightment. Interesting. I have in my possesion an ex ww2 italian rifle.It’s in pristine condition.Never been fired and only dropped once. :laughing: :laughing:

good pics diesel cowboy, i used to work for popeye (alan) myself until i had a smash in spain in the mega.

Is that right that Italian tanks had the gearboxes in back to front, 1 forward gear & 6 reverses :laughing:

Yes newmercman you are correct. I have seen one.I have also heard that (Only a rumour you understand) that there is a new Italian automatic rifle just on the market.When you pull the trigger it goes wop wop wop.I do hope that this is inpolitically correct as I don’t want to offend anyone. :laughing: :laughing:

skids:
good pics diesel cowboy, i used to work for popeye (alan) myself until i had a smash in spain in the mega.

now I am confused, the only person I can think of is Dave, but he (you??) lived in Dover■■? If so Popeye showed me a pic of the smash, one very lucky escape.

yes i am dave. wll put the pics on here sometime

you have a pm dieselcowboy

Hi guys, only just found this thread :blush: :blush: :blush:

:smiley: SNAP Dieselcowboy.:grimacing:

Here’s my pic of the eagle: IIRC it was taken in 1988ish

Up there somewhere. (Re-Post STS thread).