Simon Gibson transport, Tut Tut Tut

AndrewG:

DonutUK:
Breaking the law to go the ‘extra mile’ never benefits the driver as they the ones who will carry the can when caught.

The company will deny ever having asked/expected the driver to do it…hanging the driver out to dry.

If you think ‘my boss won’t do that, he’s decent’ then you are seriously deluded.

Its not a case of 'breaking the law ’ as such, as long as tacho downloads are in order and theres nothing that can be proved/misproven thats all that matters…

the downloads being correct doesn’t make it legal, just means they havent got the evidence against you unless you’re observed doing other work and then they check your tacho and find you on break. :wink:

AndrewG:

DonutUK:
Breaking the law to go the ‘extra mile’ never benefits the driver as they the ones who will carry the can when caught.

The company will deny ever having asked/expected the driver to do it…hanging the driver out to dry.

If you think ‘my boss won’t do that, he’s decent’ then you are seriously deluded.

Its not a case of 'breaking the law ’ as such, as long as tacho downloads are in order and theres nothing that can be proved/misproven thats all that matters…

It probably would not be the best idea to accept another UK bound load considering the number of admissions over the last few weeks to bending various rules. There are numerous ANPR cameras between the channel crossings and East Anglia. It is likely a relatively simple operation to trace back from the delivery point to identify a vehicle. From tacho devices to defective trailers we’ve heard the lot. Specific operators and vehicles are deliberately targeted which is why you see the bumble bees parked up beside the M20 and M25. They were quite active patrolling last Monday in the Stanford area.

cav551:

AndrewG:

DonutUK:

It probably would not be the best idea to accept another UK bound load considering the number of admissions over the last few weeks to bending various rules. There are numerous ANPR cameras between the channel crossings and East Anglia. It is likely a relatively simple operation to trace back from the delivery point to identify a vehicle. From tacho devices to defective trailers we’ve heard the lot. Specific operators and vehicles are deliberately targeted which is why you see the bumble bees parked up beside the M20 and M25. They were quite active patrolling last Monday in the Stanford area.

I considered the naziesque ways of the UK last week and kept to every rule in the book, plus i made sure i had a trailer with some tyres and brakes and a few lights that worked so all good there. As for my unit, its always top notch and immaculate, theres nothing even the strictest DVSA jobsworth cabbage could have pulled me up on with that one and the tacho would have passed a download and every electrical test and probe possible :wink:
Tbh ive worked the way i do for 20 years plus now and apart from the odd speeding fine ive never had any issue.
A big problem with some drivers is they have this idea that DVSA rule their lives and no doubt some would even ask if they have to record other work while taking a dump.
Do things reasonably and stay below the radar (i have this off to a T) and there isnt a problem.
Yes i do bend some rules but dont actively break/smash them as such, and there is a difference. As ive mentioned before theres never ever anything on a tacho download i could be prosecuted for…

Each to their own i suppose, which is why ive always had companies breathing down my neck. I dont mind helping out a company if theyre pushed, BUT..as a general rule, when i stop, im on break, same as if im doing nothing..if i have to tip, which happens once in a blue moon, its on other work, quite a simple way to work really.. Ive had firms asking why im taking a break, when ive been sitting on a bay for the past 2 hours, simple really, cos there have been no eating facilities…and i`m hungry…they also get the hump when i remind them that if i cant eat, then the truck doesnt get its fodder either…but we get moaned at because others are prepared to bend the rules…all of the time, i will mainly do it for my own benefit…but thats not very often as i am a 100% legal bod, never used to be, but i am now.

truckyboy:
Each to their own i suppose, which is why ive always had companies breathing down my neck. I dont mind helping out a company if theyre pushed, BUT..as a general rule, when i stop, im on break, same as if im doing nothing..if i have to tip, which happens once in a blue moon, its on other work, quite a simple way to work really.. Ive had firms asking why im taking a break, when ive been sitting on a bay for the past 2 hours, simple really, cos there have been no eating facilities…and i`m hungry…they also get the hump when i remind them that if i cant eat, then the truck doesnt get its fodder either…but we get moaned at because others are prepared to bend the rules…all of the time, i will mainly do it for my own benefit…but thats not very often as i am a 100% legal bod, never used to be, but i am now.

Sitting on a bay for 2hrs would give ample time to cook something/heat something up to eat/drink and no reason why you couldnt stick it on break for 45 mins of those 2hrs really. This would save you having to stop for another 45 down the road. Working this way does neither your co. or yourself any favours, and you wonder why they moan at you… :laughing:

AndrewG:

truckyboy:

Sitting on a bay for 2hrs would give ample time to cook something/heat something up to eat/drink and no reason why you couldnt stick it on break for 45 mins of those 2hrs really. This would save you having to stop for another 45 down the road. Working this way does neither your co. or yourself any favours, and you wonder why they moan at you… [emoji38]

I guess the other side of that argument is that in the unpaid time a driver gets as a break, they are not free to do as other workers generally are. Be that nip to the shop, go post some letter, get your sack and crack waxed etc…

However if an employee was payed for the breaks they have to take, that would be a different story…

I see your point Andrew about doing things for the best interests of the company, but the sad reality of life over here is that the company is most of the time definitely not doing anything to help the drivers. A symbiotic relationship requires active participation and effort from both parties, and in the corporate world of commerce you’ve more chance of sewing a button on a ■■■■ than getting a firm do anything other than trying to find ways of cutting employment costs.

So you can’t blame people for not wanting to put the effort in when it comes to most large firms, as the firms are the ones that make the rules of the game, not the employees…

Evil8Beezle:
get your sack and crack waxed …

If only there was another option on the tacho for that…id have no qualms using it… :grimacing:

AndrewG:

Evil8Beezle:

If only there was another option on the tacho for that…id have no qualms using it… :grimacing:

Waxing? No way. VEET for men. Lather and rinse.

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

Evil8Beezle:

My ex used that once, bugger me and I thought she was a pain in the arse whinging ■■■■■ before! :open_mouth:
:laughing:

AndrewG:
Sitting on a bay for 2hrs would give ample time to cook something/heat something up to eat/drink and no reason why you couldnt stick it on break for 45 mins of those 2hrs really. This would save you having to stop for another 45 down the road. Working this way does neither your co. or yourself any favours, and you wonder why they moan at you… :laughing:

The vast majority of companies will not permit drivers to remain in the cab on a loading bay so making something hot to eat just isn’t possible along with many transport companies banning the use of gas stoves whilst refusing to stand for a microwave you’re a bit screwed. So sitting in a poxy waiting room will never feature as part of my break. OD’s of course can do what they like!

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

Evil8Beezle:

May I refer you to the amazon reviews of using veet on gentleman vegetables, scroll down to the bottom and study “reviews”.

amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair- … B000KKNQBK

My particular favourite warning - “a maroon coloured bag of agony”

Allow me to quote two actual reviews non the less from the veet amazon listing:-

…"Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and boloxx. The bolloxx I knew and loved are gone now. In their place is a maroon coloured bag of agony which sends stabs of pain up my body every time it grazes against my thigh or an article of clothing. I am suffering so that you don’t have to. Heed my lesson. DO NOT PUT ON KNOB AND BOLLOXx.

(I am giving this product a 5 because despite the fact that I think my bolloxx might fall off, they are now completely hairless.)"

And another…

…"After having been told my danglies looked like an elderly rastafarian I decided to take the plunge and buy some of this as previous shaving attempts had only been mildly successful and I nearly put my back out trying to reach the more difficult bits.

Being a bit of a romantic I thought I would do the deed on the missus’s birthday as a bit of a treat.I ordered it well in advance and working in the North sea I considered myself a bit above some of the characters writing the previous reviews and wrote them off as soft office types…oh my fellow sufferers how wrong I was.

I waited until the other half was tucked up in bed and after giving some vague hints about a special surprise I went down to the bathroom. Initially all went well and I applied the gel and stood waiting for something to happen. I didn’t have long to wait.

At first there was a gentle warmth which in a matter of seconds was replaced by an intense burning and a feeling I can only describe as like being given a barbed wire wedgie by two people intent on hitting the ceiling with my head.

Religion hadn’t featured much in my life until that night but I suddenly became willing to convert to any religion to stop the violent burning around the turd tunnel and what seemed like the destruction of the meat and two veg.

Struggling to not bite through my bottom lip I tried to wash the gel of in the sink and only succeeded in blocking the plughole with a mat of hair.Through the haze of tears I struggled out of the bathroom across the hall into the kitchen by this time walking was not really possible and I crawled the final yard to the fridge in the hope of some form of cold relief.

I yanked the freezer drawer out and found a tub of ice cream, tore the lid of and positioned it under me. The relief was fantastic but only temporary as it melted fairly quickly and the fiery stabbing soon returned.

Due to the shape of the ice cream tub I hadn’t managed to give the starfish any treatment and I groped around in the draw for something else as I was sure my vision was going to fail fairly soon. I grabbed a bag of what I later found out was frozen sprouts and tore it open trying to be quiet as I did so. I took a handful of them and tried in vain to clench some between the cheeks of my arse.

This was not doing the trick as some of the gel had found it’s way up the chutney channel and it felt like the space shuttle was running it’s engines behind me.This was probably and hopefully the only time in my life I was going to wish there was a gay snowman in the kitchen which should give you some idea of the depths I was willing to sink to in order to ease the pain.

The only solution my pain crazed mind could come up with was to gently ease one of the sprouts where no veg had gone before.

Unfortunately, alerted by the strange grunts coming from the kitchen the other half chose that moment to come and investigate and was greeted by the sight of me, arse in the air, strawberry ice cream dripping from my bell end pushing a sprout up my arse while muttering…" Ooooh that feels good "

Understandingly this was a shock to her and she let out a scream and as I hadn’t heard her come in it caused an involuntary spasm of shock in myself which resulted in the sprout being ejected at quite some speed in her direction.

I can understand that having a sprout ■■■■■■ against your leg at 11 at night in the kitchen probably wasn’t the special surprise she was expecting and having to explain to the kids the next day what the strange hollow in the ice cream was didn’t improve my status…

So to sum it up Veet removes hair, dignity and self respect…"

:laughing:

My Favorite

Pros: A small expense, certainly didn’t burn a hole in my pocket.

Cons: Did burn a hole in my scrotum

All in all an effective and reasonably priced product - 3 Stars.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Excellent product. Most prisoners confessed within five minutes of the first application. Can recommend.

Yours,
Ali Muhabarakah,
Secret Police, Damascus

It was much simpler in the ‘good old days’ when we just left the tacho on break all day and it sorted itself out! :unamused: :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
It was much simpler in the ‘good old days’ when we just left the tacho on break all day and it sorted itself out! :unamused: :laughing:

Pete.

Ministry liked to see lots of breaks on a card, regardless of how they got there, well that’s what one told me, said if he saw lots of breaks he wouldn’t bother to add up the driving time if it looked about right.
Getting a bit ■■■■ now when you can told off for being 1 minute over 4:30 9/10.

Andrew G…i was on daywork, and tipped only at sainsburys sites where you have no choice, but to lock the cab and hand in the keys, well put them on a chain at the bay and push a button, i was merely trying to prove a point, because the company expected all drivers to put the tacho on break or whatever suited them, and to take breaks on a bay, which i thought was wrong, not because its on break, or other work, but the principal of being told. I dont cook in the cab for uk work, only on international if i`m stuck somewhere with no facilities, otherwise i eat out.

truckyboy:
Andrew G…i was on daywork, and tipped only at sainsburys sites where you have no choice, but to lock the cab and hand in the keys, well put them on a chain at the bay and push a button, i was merely trying to prove a point, because the company expected all drivers to put the tacho on break or whatever suited them, and to take breaks on a bay, which i thought was wrong, not because its on break, or other work, but the principal of being told. I dont cook in the cab for uk work, only on international if i`m stuck somewhere with no facilities, otherwise i eat out.

Nothing wrong with having it on break whilst some one else tips it, there was a time when just driving time restricted your earnings now it’s the wtd as well, least amount of other work recorded the better. as long as it’s legally done.

weeto:

truckyboy:

Nothing wrong with having it on break whilst some one else tips it, there was a time when just driving time restricted your earnings now it’s the wtd as well, least amount of other work recorded the better. as long as it’s legally done.

Indeed there’s nothing wrong with that but I won’t be counting it as MY break. MY break will be when I can pull over somewhere to get a suitable meal and refreshment just like the desk jockeys do.