Shropshire Hauliers,

oxo3:
What about this one boys

Not seen this one before oxo3, i used to load Mike a fair bit in the early 90`s at Williams Bros (now TDG) in Wrexham, but only ever saw him in the F88

Great pics Nianiamph, were they taken at Oswestry truck show.

Dave the Renegade:
Great pics Nianiamph, were they taken at Oswestry truck show.

Yes there were Dave, but not at last years as you can see by the weather :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Smart Daf artic tanker of Mel Jones & Son Oswestry, seen at Prees Heath A41/49.

Heres a few more for you Dave, some are pics ive taken, others are from old posts on here (not my pics) which i can no longer find thanks to the new fantastic advanched search

Have a look through this link Dave theres loads of old Swains and Caddies pics, make a brew first as theres 42 pages to look through :laughing:

truckphotos4sale.albumpost.com/England?page=1

nianiamh:
Have a look through this link Dave theres loads of old Swains and Caddies pics, make a brew first as theres 42 pages to look through :laughing:

truckphotos4sale.albumpost.com/England?page=1

Cheers Nianiamph,
Was in Shropshire yesterday, my good lady took several pics while we were travelling, also when we stopped at the Midway.Will have a look at the link.
Many thanks, Dave.

My old man ran the EMC F88 from new, got some pics from him to post up. Apologies for the quality of the earlier ones, they spent 20 years in the document tray of the '88!

Mike Davies 1976

1977 Park Hall, Oswestry

V10 Merc, 1980

1st respray, 1980

Donnington truck show 1988

1993 ECE Leighton Buzzard

1994 Buntingford

1992, Yard

He parked the '88 up in June 1999 where it sat in Oswestry Waste Paper’s yard for about 7 years slowly fizzing away before Pete Denny’s dad put her in his shed. I’ve got some recent-ish pictures of her somewhere but they’re a bit more depressing than these! I know EMC had other stuff like Leyland Marathons in the Yard, I’d love to see if there are any other pics knocking about out there.

Cheers

Ryan

W

Is the Guy above with the Atkis and Super J’s the same chap that was featured in an old T&D where they had the Super J hauling TImber?

I’ve lost that T&D…

Ive found few other shropshire based hauliers from my collection of old pictures

welshflyer:
Is the Guy above with the Atkis and Super J’s the same chap that was featured in an old T&D where they had the Super J hauling TImber?

I’ve lost that T&D…

yes –

fryske:

welshflyer:

I’ve lost that T&D…

yes – the one pictured is the one from the article

it’s the last of his Guy Big J fleet – he added big ■■■■■■■ (320’s ■■) engines and 13 speed Fuller boxes – they were v v v fast…

this one needs the engine rebuilding and the chassis cleaning up – then it will be back…,.

Excellent… Was thinking about that old T&D the other night and was going to post up… Then it turns up here. :smiley:

[

I know this is an old picture its been on another forum . Come on Shropshire drivers there must be loads of Swains of Stretton , Lloyds of Ludlow , D &N morgan , Cadwallader, Penton etc etc with pictures put them on this forum and show every one how busy Shropshire used too be . Tony

I remember Pentons very well.
Why are there eleven towns at Ruyton,always wanted to know. :laughing:

Chris Webb:

Thats a good question Chris but i don’t have the answer !! I don’t know if you live in Shropshire but Ruyton is really small .I will try and find out . Pentons now come out of Oswestry now they have a big yard there and some nice trucks. Do you remember T.E Jones that went too Grey hound ? They were based and i think they still are at Knockin ? Tony

mercman123:

Chris Webb:

Thats a good question Chris but i don’t have the answer !! I don’t know if you live in Shropshire but Ruyton is really small .I will try and find out . Pentons now come out of Oswestry now they have a big yard there and some nice trucks. Do you remember T.E Jones that went too Grey hound ? They were based and i think they still are at Knockin ? Tony

Hi Tony,no mate I don’t live in Shropshire but I do remember Pentons and always wondered about the address.I wikipeed it and it was a manor surrounded by eleven parishes,so there you are,and I don’t know why I didn’t bother before to google it. :unamused: