Shropshire Hauliers,

One more of 1972 vintage.
Oily

oiltreader:
One more of 1972 vintage.
Oily

I have seen that one at a show Oily, nice pic.
Cheers Dave.

one for the winter evenings, at a sale the other week

carimage.vimage.jpeg

or a pair even…for those with more money and time!

carimage-2.vimage.jpeg

I had the door badges of this one in July 2000 for my motor!, not much left now! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

carimage-3.vimage.jpeg

Change of lorry for me, Dedicated milk run, Nice and easy, but much prefer my volvo

Any info on this one please Gent’s ?

Keith the Dessert Driver is your man for that area Pete.
Cheers Dave.

pete smith:

Hi boys
Pete I think I’m right in saying this was TH’s first bulk tanker It was driven by Joe Cartwright.He drove for my grandad for 20 years till we were nationalised then drove for TH for another 20 years till he retired. Bulk tanks were just coming on the farms so this was their way of collecting both until everyone changed to bulk.He changed to aluminium churns so they could be lifted an top T H Goodwin farmed next to our farm at Parkly Tybroughton just out of Whitchurch. He had his dairy next to the park in Whitchurch with access off Wrexham road. He ran a fleet of trucks mainly Traders. Maintenance was unheard of. Joe told me of a time he had reported no brakes on his truck only for TH to say they were ok when it was new 15 years earlier so nothing was done about it. The site was built on about 6/8 years ago.

dessert driver:

pete smith:

Hi boys
Pete I think I’m right in saying this was TH’s first bulk tanker It was driven by Joe Cartwright.He drove for my grandad for 20 years till we were nationalised then drove for TH for another 20 years till he retired. Bulk tanks were just coming on the farms so this was their way of collecting both until everyone changed to bulk.He changed to aluminium churns so they could be lifted an top T H Goodwin farmed next to our farm at Parkly Tybroughton just out of Whitchurch. He had his dairy next to the park in Whitchurch with access off Wrexham road. He ran a fleet of trucks mainly Traders. Maintenance was unheard of. Joe told me of a time he had reported no brakes on his truck only for TH to say they were ok when it was new 15 years earlier so nothing was done about it. The site was built on about 6/8 years ago.

Thank You for the info, Cheer’s Pete

dessert driver:

pete smith:

Hi boys

Hello dessert driver do you remember Denmans from Whitchurch , apart from removals they did steel out of Summers , with Commer 6 rigids ? thank you Trevor .

Hi ,Trevor , I remember Denmans coming into Lever Bros Port sunlight , to load cattle feed the driver had a club hand but tossed them sack 112 lbs around like they were empty ,Cheers Barry

Hi boys
It’s funny you mention Denmans.
Freddy Denman brought Parkley farm off Grapham Goodwin TH’s son, must be 30 years ago
It’s been a very sad time for the Denman familly of late. The company is run now by Julian Denman and on the 14th August his wife Vicki was killed in a traffic accident at Bickley on the A49. She was a very well liked person and half of Whitchurch turned out to pay their respects.
regards Keith

b.waddy:
Hi ,Trevor , I remember Denmans coming into Lever Bros Port sunlight , to load cattle feed the driver had a club hand but tossed them sack 112 lbs around like they were empty ,Cheers Barry

Hello b.waddy and dessert driver , i had forgotten they had worked out of Lever Bros , i believe it was on behalf of Jones transport form Ellesmere , thank you Trevor .

One of Peter Bowkers from Bridgnorth

8215839126_755ff62381_z.jpg

Back to page one with another Dave the Renegade(RIP) thread. First pic not a haulier but worth a view.
Oily

Shrops Richard 28536916250_c1bef299cb_krs.jpg

Shrops 28131333415_7bd1b9b55c_k.jpg

Shrops cr Hefin Owen cc by nc sa 2.0 9723660901_653503380e_kho.jpg

A bit vague but I remember my dad knowing a driver called Bernard who I think drove over the water for lloyds of Ludlow■■? I’m talking about the late 70’s into the 80’s era. If it wasn’t lloyds it was definitely one of the larger Shropshire firms. I know it’s a bit vague but that’s all I can remember.

A while since a photo or two was on here.
Oily

Shrops. 33544744366_001f3ea0f2_o.jpg

Shrops (14).jpg

One of Pentons

An old F88 from the Shropshire truck show.

DSCN2757.JPG