Shropshire Hauliers old and new big and small

Maiden’s of Telford run some smart motors.

From Market Drayton

Seen at Knighton livestock market last year John.

Unbelieveable how he keeps her going Dave, dont you think.First started working on these LAD Dodges in 1962 as an apprentice mechanic but they were all tippers.

Stanfield:
Unbelieveable how he keeps her going Dave, dont you think.First started working on these LAD Dodges in 1962 as an apprentice mechanic but they were all tippers.

I think that one has been rebuilt a few times,so Fryske says,apparently its got a Perkins Phaser engine in it these days.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Stanfield:

I think that one has been rebuilt a few times,so Fryske says,apparently its got a Perkins Phaser engine in it these days.
Cheers Dave.

I am not wishing to criticise Mac Arrowsmith on his fine Dodge, but exactly is there “original” to show ?
All components have been renewed/replaced throughout the wagon`s lifetime.
However , it is good to see a British-built vehicle still earning its keep.

It is similar to the story about a recently-retired farmer, who claimed to still have the same yard brush from 50 years earlier.
He admitted that hed bought many replacement brush heads and brush shafts over the years, but he claimed his yard brush was still the same` brush. :laughing:

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

cattle wagon man:

Dave the Renegade:

Stanfield:

Cheers Dave.

I am not wishing to criticise Mac Arrowsmith on his fine Dodge, but exactly is there “original” to show ?
All components have been renewed/replaced throughout the wagon`s lifetime.
However , it is good to see a British-built vehicle still earning its keep.

It is similar to the story about a recently-retired farmer, who claimed to still have the same yard brush from 50 years earlier.
He admitted that hed bought many replacement brush heads and brush shafts over the years, but he claimed his yard brush was still the same` brush. :laughing:

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

Probably broke the shafts,by leaning on the broom. :wink:

Show me a restored motor that hasn’t had something or most parts replaced at sometime or other :confused:

Benbow timber just out side of Shrewsbury. Tony

No Shropshire thread would be complete without some of our good friend,and Trucknet member oxo3 Nev’s motors…

All of these taken at the Oswestry Truckshow.

Another of Nev’s,driven by his Son-in-law.

Last one of this batch.

This is one of my favourite Shropshire wagons

Hi I didn’t know Swains had a tipper . Is that Steve or family ?Tony

mercman123:
Hi I didn’t know Swains had a tipper . Is that Steve or family ?Tony

Thats the other one Tony.
Cheers Dave.

Oswestry Waste Paper run some smart motors.

C A Weaver from Craven Arms unloading at Hereford Truckshow.

This fleet from Wem is getting to be a fairly big.

A couple more of DR & FA Ford artics.