Should Someone Put Her Right?

Hellew

bigpic.jpg

Put her right ?
I wouldn’t even dignify the silly cow’s misguided and ridiculous points by even responding to her. :unamused:

ringfur:
Hellew

Be a brave man to tackle that :open_mouth:

Night-and-day:

ringfur:
Hellew

That’s her problem not getting enough and having to take frustration out on someone if only someone could give her a good seeing to and she might lighten up, Where’s Dipper when you need him? :smiley:

Nite Owl:
I’d call her clueless, but I dont think that’s sufficient. She needs to spend a day with a lorry driver and see the difficulties we face.

Really, what difficulties is that? The only difficult thing for some is being able to drive properly. :unamused:

jakethesnake:
Really, what difficulties is that?

Influential members of public interpreting a perfectly legal and safe manoeuvre as"blocking the road"

Stop Press, clueless nonentity comments on something they know nothing about, then reported in local rag as if someone knowledgeable or worth listening to hath spoken.

The reason the roads are at breaking point is that this pint pot country now holds a quart of people, with more being crammed in every year and no end to this disastrous and deliberate policy in sight.
The more people who arrive the more people there are to service, a simple fact it’s impossible to get away from.

What the talking heads have found is that they get more media attention by scrutinising and taking action against the secondary problems, in this particular case the massive amount of lorries on the road are a direct result of their keeping up mythical growth in the economy by massively growing the population and building houses and associated support infrastructure.

If ■■■■ poor driving of lorries is a real issue, then maybe if a couple of decades ago or so they (makers, users, legislators) hadn’t decided en masse to reduce the skills needed to drive lorries, which has resulted year on year in more and more automated systems to stop the resulting half wits driving off the road or into each other :unamused: , then maybe things wouldn’t be quite so bad.
Reverting to type, when it’s become obvious something isn’t working the reaction these days is (EU, Germany, Migration, etc) we do more of the same :unamused: until it does work, hence the demand for further automation.
Quite what they expect the roads to be like in 20 years time when the population will be increased by another 6 to 10 millions is anyone’s guess, we know what they’ll be like because we’ve seen the results over the last 20.

Night-and-day:

ringfur:
Hellew

As someone recently said to me, “ they’re all Gods children, and they all need some lovin” …

I’m not too fussy, and I wonder if she’s free tonight?
I have a small collection of brown paper bags for special cases.

peirre:

Night-and-day:

ringfur:
Hellew

As someone recently said to me, “ they’re all Gods children, and they all need some lovin” …

I’m not too fussy, and I wonder if she’s free tonight?
I have a small collection of brown paper bags for special cases.

^^^^^^^
i always carry two,just in case hers slips off… :slight_smile:

put the platoon in lane 2 and allow undertaking,cars can get on and off and pass both sides when needed?

commonrail:

jakethesnake:

Influential members of public interpreting a perfectly legal and safe manoeuvre as"blocking the road"

Having had a quick look at the article I thought she was talking about elephant racing which I might add is not a legal and safe manoevre.Just in case you do not know before you overtake you need to judge whether you have the power to make the overtake in a reasonable time.If you do not you ease off and stay where you are.Elephant racers are ignorant,selfish and potentially dangerous drivers who have no regard for anyone but themselves.

DJC:
Bleeding idiots, too impatient to handle a simple overtake in our realtime on demand society we have now. It’s rare I’ll actually see any elephant racing, maybe once every few weeks I’ll see it so the amount of these morons see it is probably only 2-3 times a year… That makes us a menace apparently.

Is that when you are driving your truck? I did not notice it so much in a truck but in a car it is very apparent and happens far too often.

please stop the personnel comments on this poor woman, she has seen in her opinion a problem and has put forward a solution, but may be she is looking from it the wrong way round.
the problem as I see it is that the vehicle coming up from behind the truck that has pulled out legally to pass is going too fast. we are trying to get goods to a destination just in time, the other vehicles are not, so they do not need to be going so fast.
so if it’s a personal vehicle lets restrict it to 50mph, if it’s a company vehicle lets restrict it to 48mph,(companies love the green credentials for trying to save the planet) then councilor what’s her name will not be held up by a truck as she will be in the 1’st lane as we over take her, ( and of coarse we will return to the 1’st lane when overtaking complete).

jakethesnake:

commonrail:

jakethesnake:

Having had a quick look at the article I thought she was talking about elephant racing which I might add is not a legal and safe manoevre.Just in case you do not know before you overtake you need to judge whether you have the power to make the overtake in a reasonable time.If you do not you ease off and stay where you are.Elephant racers are ignorant,selfish and potentially dangerous drivers who have no regard for anyone but themselves.

She wouldn’t know one end of an elephant race from the other.
Any hgv overtake would be an elephant race in her book.
It also says"give drivers of large/slow vehicles time and space"in the highway code.

xamtex:
put the platoon in lane 2 and allow undertaking,cars can get on and off and pass both sides when needed?

Undertaking is something that funeral directors do, you must mean overtaking on the nearside.

Overtaking on the nearside is & always has been legal, at least it is if done correctly. If it isn’t done correctly, which is why so many think it’s illegal, then it’s just as illegal as overtaking on the offside incorrectly. Overtaking & undertaking is often confused with what stupid people do when they need to get in front of whatever they are behind.

You do however make a lot of sense. Perhaps the most popular & the main lane that LGV’s drive in on a motorway should be lane 2.

Well, it’s obviously clear she knows her stuff…
“I think they’re only supposed to go at about 60 [miles per hour] anyway.”
:grimacing:

att:
I think we all know that this is how the entire country is ran…People with no experience of the world that they may appear to be in control of, it is frustrating, debilitating and ensures that our productivity figure for the UK as a whole, will always be lower than most other countries.

Really, we need to just stop delivering all the crap that they want to buy, including food.

I see so much anger and resentment, not just in this country, but others…There is something changing in the world with Humans and it is not going to end well. I believe what we are seeing here is the beginning.

…wait a minute, aren’t you supposed to be in Portugal? :grimacing:
Still got the Mack?

commonrail:

jakethesnake:

commonrail:

jakethesnake:

She wouldn’t know one end of an elephant race from the other.
Any hgv overtake would be an elephant race in her book.
It also says"give drivers of large/slow vehicles time and space"in the highway code.

All I can say to that is it’s no wonder the standard of driving is so low with ignorant comments like you have made.

Basket case:
please stop the personnel comments on this poor woman, she has seen in her opinion a problem and has put forward a solution, but may be she is looking from it the wrong way round.
the problem as I see it is that the vehicle coming up from behind the truck that has pulled out legally to pass is going too fast. we are trying to get goods to a destination just in time, the other vehicles are not, so they do not need to be going so fast.
so if it’s a personal vehicle lets restrict it to 50mph, if it’s a company vehicle lets restrict it to 48mph,(companies love the green credentials for trying to save the planet) then councilor what’s her name will not be held up by a truck as she will be in the 1’st lane as we over take her, ( and of coarse we will return to the 1’st lane when overtaking complete).

Oh dear your thought process is frightening. :wink: