Ships

Carryfast:

Bewick:
What a load of bollox “CF”,the nearest you’ve been to a ferry is in a rowing boat on the pond in Hove !! Bewick.

You’ll upset a lot of old Cunard employees by calling the QE2 a ferry. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Your not going to tell us that you were Master of the QE2 among your many acheivments on both,er,land and water ? Cheers Bewick.
[/quote]
:open_mouth: :laughing:

No I was just one of the passengers who helped to pay his wages.But how hard can it be just steering the thing West or East nothing in the way and right foot to the floorboards for 5 days. :wink:
[/quote]
You are a “star” CF,look where that mindset got the captain of the “Titanic”.oh! is that you been towed behind in the “Jolly” boat on the end of a 500 mtr line ? Cheers Bewick PS Pass me the axe,he’s got oars!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
[/quote]
:smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

There’s not many icebergs around in June and July and the Captain of the Titanic didn’t have predictive radar either. :smiling_imp: :wink:
[/quote]
I just bet that Harland and Wolf are right “■■■■■■■ that you wern’t around at the time they were designing the Titanic,oh! and are you sure you havent’t been over in Belfast in the last couple of days,now come on CF 'fess up now !! Cheers Bewick. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Some of my family were on this many years ago fishing out of Gt.Yarmouth. My uncle David drowned on his first trip, washed overboard in a bad storm. Several years later I was born and was named after him. Cheers Haddy.

oceanvimyh88-300x240.png

Bassman:
10Hi, OTS

I’ve been on this one and her sisters a few times!!
Chers Bassman

I may well have been conceived on this ship. My dad first met my mum on Minerva pier :stuck_out_tongue:

windrush:
I travelled on this ship, The Empire Windrush, hence my username! :slight_smile:

Pete.

Hullo Pete,
A great picture of the Empire Windrush. I was never on her but was on the Strathaird, Strathnaver and Chusan. Good old days eh!
Cheers, Archie.

image.jpg

Spent a bit of time on this one

Hi, Wheelnut

Was that when they used to do the Steamboat Stomps. Saturday evening , Hull to Bull lightship, band and dancing aboard and food and booze. late 50’s through to mid 60’s.
Used to cost about 15 shillings (75p), bring them times back!

They used to do some good excursions on them ferries, had some good days on them.

Cheers Bassman

last few weeks been on the amoric roscoff plymouth mont st michael a few times portsmouth caen and cap finnistere bilbao portsmouth

kr79:

hi,
most of the people i meet at truck shows tell me that,they were nearly on the herald :wink: ,though luckily they stopped for a coffee at lokeren! must have been a bloody big ship!!! :wink:
regards andrew.

pete 359:

kr79:

hi,
most of the people i meet at truck shows tell me that,they were nearly on the herald :wink: ,though luckily they stopped for a coffee at lokeren! must have been a bloody big ship!!! :wink:
regards andrew.

Strange though isn’t it that a lot of people can remember exactly where they were when the newsflash came up, I was parked up in Crawford so definitely nowhere near it !
I hate ferries and use the tunnel as often as I can, although I recently went on the one from Harwich to Hook of Holland which wasn’t too bad.

kr79:

No I didn’t just miss it :unamused: but I have been on it several times. It always sailed in the upright position when I was on it. :wink:

Sorry double post.

Trev_H:

pete 359:

kr79:

hi,
regards andrew.

Strange though isn’t it that a lot of people can remember exactly where they were when the newsflash came up, I was parked up in Crawford so definitely nowhere near it !
I hate ferries and use the tunnel as often as I can, although I recently went on the one from Harwich to Hook of Holland which wasn’t too bad.

hi trevh,
a lifelong friend of mine,who grew up with lorries and is a very experienced continental driver,was on the train heading for france on sept. 11th 2008,when they had a major fire,he was on news at ten/sky etc at the time,he was very lucky to survive and only recently (last week) told me again,that he would NEVER go on that train EVER again :exclamation:
regards andrew.

pete 359:

kr79:

hi,
regards andrew.

The queue for it was back to Brussels

Hi all,
The prins filip and doors astrid on the Dover Oostende route early 90’s.

image.jpg

Derf:
No, but I’ve been on these 2…

wheres the top one berthed■■? …for some reason it seems familiar :question:

bouth of this are familiar to me

Hi all now this was not classed as a ship but was christened " The Love Boat " shipping out on this on a friday night Southampton / Cherbourg was the hot ticket to have especially in the summer,quite a few conquests were made on her.
Cheers Buzzer.