Shipping out of and into Poole

Holloways

Bournemouth-20160329-02884.jpg

kerbut:
Yes, I do Geoff, and Murphy International weren’t they the ones who reputedly got the ginger Gendarme between their trailers on the Paris ring road, cant spell periferique ?!!

I think your right about the Ginger Gendarme Nigel I am sure I heard that same story years ago ,and by the way your spelling of the periferique looks spot on. See you and Margret next week. cheers Geoff

yuppie:
Holloways

Haven’t you got anymore of Kelvins trucks Alan you must have driven more of them. What are you doing up that time on a Saturday morning,I suppose your of to watch Poole Town playing some where. Cheers Geoff

Used to meet these boys on the way to and in Portugal from shipping out of Poole.
BBE6CDAE-5689-407C-A4D1-6435AEF4BE5F.jpeg

homeward bound from Sardinia, having a break after crossing the Millau bridge

P3230156 wx59 axs wx58kpp millau bridge.jpg

Hey up Cliff here is a company who shipped out of Poole and you must remember them Cisternas Reinunidas now Cargo Refrigeration run by Henry Leon a family friend of the Davies clan, he was a handy man to know when you were in trouble in Spain with the red caps as he spoke fluent Spanish and got us out of many a tight situation, Buzzer

46525363_2203137389706166_3242790000282042368_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Hey up Cliff here is a company who shipped out of Poole and you must remember them Cisternas Reinunidas now Cargo Refrigeration run by Henry Leon a family friend of the Davies clan, he was a handy man to know when you were in trouble in Spain with the red caps as he spoke fluent Spanish and got us out of many a tight situation, Buzzer

Could not agree more Buzzer,known Henry for over 30 years top fella ! He started Cargo Refrigeration after CR went bust.
I know his parents were Spanish but i cant remember if he was born in Spain or here.

Talking about CR they used to have a driver that was a tad short and drove a F89.
They had blocks attached to the pedals so he could reach them to drive. :laughing:

A03081p.JPG

Buzzer:

Well done Buzzer for finding this one, I remember them well. Phill Horridge was working for Henry before he packed up. I can’t believe that you used to have problems with the Red caps lol as we all did at one time or another. Thanks for the pic Regards Geoff

geoff luther:
Used to meet these boys on the way to and in Portugal from shipping out of Poole.0

Very odd for a 141 to have little diesel TANKS :astonished: :astonished: :confused:

geoff luther:

Buzzer:

Well done Buzzer for finding this one, I remember them well. Phill Horridge was working for Henry before he packed up. I can’t believe that you used to have problems with the Red caps lol as we all did at one time or another. Thanks for the pic Regards Geoff

Hi Geoff You know Henry is still running his own company Cargo Refrigeration from Poole and we still reciprocate on jobs as well, Cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:

geoff luther:

Buzzer:

Hi Geoff You know Henry is still running his own company Cargo Refrigeration from Poole and we still reciprocate on jobs as well, Cheers Buzzer.

I am pleased Henry is still going Buzzer as there aren’t too many still going in Poole like in the old days when the Port was in its heyday. I think is great that’s you still work with him. Keep on Trucking all the best Geoff

Horridge volvo Portugal 1988 ish.

Bournemouth-20160329-02875.jpg

PGH lorry tipping Massey ferguson La Coruna. 1988

Bournemouth-20160329-02876.jpg

Tipping Gillette Santerem Luis simoes, Portugal. Late 90’s.

Bournemouth-20160329-02879.jpg

tipping Casalbordino Italy

casselbordino 1.jpg

my favorite Magnum of all the ones driven, photograph on arrival day in the yard, but it must be said all of the ones I drove were good motors used all over western Europe with no bother.

This will bring back a few memories to Geoff,Buzzer and Cliff who i imagine all flew in the plane in the early days of Truckline.

LDD from 1977.

Click on pages twice to read.

Weybourg from Weymouth to Cherbourg did similar, put lorry on the boat to a hotel in Weymouth then after a meal to Bournemouth for the plane with the same crazy pilot who flew the Truckline drivers, it only lasted about a year.

I found this Brittany Ferries GB Plate whilst rooting through some old paperwork.
I used to have one with the Truckline name on, but I cant find it. Ray Smyth.

DEANB:
Nice pic Geoff , R & G motors always looked tidy.

Do you remember Catterall from Blackpool with the racing pigeons ? They used to sometimes ship four or
five lorries out on one boat. Must be some money in the Pigeon racing !

Those old Catterall lorries are still in use today, going over to France .Confusion in pigeon world as to whether they will be allowed because of Brexit. Euro 6 engines only to be allowed is the information we are getting, need feedback from you lads and lasses. Thanks