Shift work question for the trucking massive

robroy:

msgyorkie:

LazyDriver:
That’s not far off the ‘theoretical’ shift pattern I suggested could be worked in the ‘144hr’ thread. Better watch out what we say in future, there are pointy shoes watching!!!

Then there will be a real shortage of drivers.

Re. My answer to you on the Maritime thread.
You may be surprised :unamused: . :smiley:

Though I haven’t posted on the Maritime thread, I concur with your posts there :stuck_out_tongue:

^^^forget I said anything :blush:

NOT IN A MONTH OF SUNDAYS, I would most certainly be looking for another job.
Bad enough working nights and having Sat/ Sun of and back in Monday night,even going going from days rota shifts 5 days 5 night 5 afternoons

I’d say avoid this like the plague.

The structure of this shift will never allow your body clock to naturally adjust over time, the varying start times change too frequently and you’ll fast become exhausted trying to binge sleep on your days off to recover. Once you’ve lost sleep, you can’t get it back and doing this over a large number of years will inevitably lead to health issues, and premature death.

We’re already up against it spending so much time in the drivers seat, eating unhealthy convenience foods, but I must say that having to deal with made up shifts like this just to stretch company profits even further, at the expense of drivers, is unacceptable.

So your not driving a lorry on the road or if you are , you don’t have deadlines / loads as it’s just a bit of testing , your doing 8 hrs a shift with 12 off , ■■■■ me , try working for a living
Plently of people go from night to days work ( daughter does ) , 12 hr shifts , on there feet all night , doing medication etc & you think your hard done by with a bit of testing 8 hrs a day
Another one who doesn’t want work , and then the idiots feel sorry for you

Nobody seems to have noticed that there is 24 hours from shift 3 to 4…

However, if you follow the 12 hour rule, not what’s written, the end result is:
Start 0600 Monday
Finish 1000 Friday
5*8 = 40h

Week done by 10am Friday morning. Start again Monday 6am. Quite pleasant in my mind.

Why would anybody in their right mind want to work more than that anyway!

What are you being paid?

I hope it’s a fortune as a consolation because that pattern will do nothing but ■■■■ you up. A case of an employer coming up with shift patterns that suit the business but to hell with the staff that have health & social lives suffer for working it.

Not worth it imo.

landy12345:
Nobody seems to have noticed that there is 24 hours from shift 3 to 4…

Well spotted, 'tis a finger/brain interface problem with me!

You raise a valid point, I would have my 40 in by 22h Thursday (can share my workings if you want).

We did 7 days straight on this shift pattern, with a climax of a 14 hour shift on the last day to get the job done.

When I got home it took me nearly a week to get back to a normal sleep cycle.

Took the issue up with my manager yesterday, hopefully she will sort it for the next time…

Dozy; I am not objecting to doing the work, just the rubbish times asked.

Rob22888; I’m paid by the hour, (LTD company), but the rate is the same, days, night, holidays.

Paul