Severn bridge closure for high siders

Sploom:
I suppose the m4,a449,a40 through Gloucester,a40 to Oxford,then m40

I was asking the donkey what was his alternative route as clearly he knows a better way than the diversion.

drover:

Sploom:

I was asking the donkey what was his alternative route as clearly he knows a better way than the diversion.

You could go that way, although the A40 from Ross is a horrible road winding and narrow in places, I hate driving a rigid that way let alone a decker.

Probably better, A449, M50, M5 to J11a A417 to Cirencester then either A40 to M40 or A419 to M4!!

The donkey might have meant going all the way down the m5 to the m4 at Bristol which would not be clever,granted,but thats the diversion route

Closing both bridges at the same time absolutely beggars belief. Someone should be held accountable for this if there isn’t a good reason for it.

Terry T:
Closing both bridges at the same time absolutely beggars belief. Someone should be held accountable for this if there isn’t a good reason for it.

only the new bridge was closed but the m48 was closed from magor to the bridge and the diversion for highsiders is ridiculous.

Yes I agree its high time something was done about the shambles of road closure planning in this country why on earth people & companies put up with it I’ll never know.

drover:

Sploom:

From Swansea, the A465 to Abergavenny, the A40 to Ross-on-Wey. Then the choice is yours, scenic A40 to Gloucester, or the easy M50, then down the M5. Then the A417/419 to Swindon, and hence to that there London.

It’s a very familiar route for any driver who drove between South Wales and South England before the new bridge opened.

As for the A449, only if you are heading for/from Newport/Cardiff.

Namaste.