Services or truckstops that doesn't allow fridges

No running fridges allowed at Titan Truckpark West Thurrock Stoness Road.

To be fair to the op, he is not moaning about fridges running.
He is just trying to avoid them.
I’ve been on reefers for years.
I have therefore no axe to grind.
I think the problem now is when they stop and start.

ROADRANGER:

Put mine on constant, drop temp down at bedtime, if it’s +3 or +7 gets turned off.

I’m parked beside a fridge tonight, but it’s switched off!

Might go and turn it on.

you will sleep if your tired enough . I’d sugest you get a job with any of the notorious Irish outfits - that way after 48 hrs straight or more if your getting stopped you’ll have no bother getting off to sleep for a few hours . Worked for me 20 years ago - out on a Sunday morning to Larne for a ferry to Scotland - drive to London 14 drops round the village and then another 3-4 on the south coast followed by 6-7 collections of fruit round Kent to be in Belfast on Tuesday morning . Tip that reload and back out with a load of groupage (8-9drops)round Birmingham and a backload of express parcels for Belfast Thursday morning . Finish the week with another load of frozen to Birmingham or London with parcels or fruit as a back load to finish on a Saturday morning , wash and fuel the truch and you can have the rest of Saturday off . Rinse and repeat for 6 months and the last of your worries will be a fridge running beside you .

I’d sooner drink ■■■■ than park in a msa

biggriffin:

ROADRANGER:

Put mine on constant, drop temp down at bedtime, if it’s +3 or +7 gets turned off.

I agree with you.
When I started this job fridges were analogue, so no stop and start.
I liked it.
Constant drone, good sleep.
I wouldn’t dream about moaning, but, I do admit to giving fridges a wide berth.
Only because of fuel saver.
When I park up at night with reefer behind me it is switched off.
But, the box contains live plants.
Keep it running boys and girls.

beefy4605:
you will sleep if your tired enough . I’d sugest you get a job with any of the notorious Irish outfits - that way after 48 hrs straight or more if your getting stopped you’ll have no bother getting off to sleep for a few hours . Worked for me 20 years ago - out on a Sunday morning to Larne for a ferry to Scotland - drive to London 14 drops round the village and then another 3-4 on the south coast followed by 6-7 collections of fruit round Kent to be in Belfast on Tuesday morning . Tip that reload and back out with a load of groupage (8-9drops)round Birmingham and a backload of express parcels for Belfast Thursday morning . Finish the week with another load of frozen to Birmingham or London with parcels or fruit as a back load to finish on a Saturday morning , wash and fuel the truch and you can have the rest of Saturday off . Rinse and repeat for 6 months and the last of your worries will be a fridge running beside you .

At a previous company where it was a mix of fridges and curtainsiders one driver tried to get out of pulling a fridge by saying he couldn’t sleep with a running fridge behind him. Offices reply “No problem you won’t be going to sleep until the fridge is empty”

Mazzer2:

beefy4605:

At a previous company where it was a mix of fridges and curtainsiders one driver tried to get out of pulling a fridge by saying he couldn’t sleep with a running fridge behind him. Offices reply “No problem you won’t be going to sleep until the fridge is empty”

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carry a pair of pliers and just crimp the fuel line to the fridge…peaceful nights sleep guaranteed.

:imp:

DonutUK:
Carry a pair of pliers and just crimp the fuel line to the fridge…peaceful nights sleep guaranteed.

Typical Muppets reply.

biggriffin:

DonutUK:

Typical Muppets reply.

His name says it all Griff !! :unamused: :unamused:

If you can’t sleep due to noise your In the wrong job. I’ll always try and park in a layby or industrial estate if I’m running but needs must. If I’ve got produce on I’ll usually turn it off overnight this time of year but in the summer it isn’t possible. If your really struggling with the noise I find 6 or so stellas do the trick.

pierrot 14:

biggriffin:

DonutUK:

Typical Muppets reply.

Can just picture him in rdc chair, spouting the (I’d pull the pin storyline) bet he was on the balcony too.

I tried fridge work a long time ago and could I ■■■■ sleep :smiley: …so I jacked it.
If I park next to a fridge I always POLITELY ask the lad first if it’s gonna be running all night if he says yeh, I just move further away, not a problem.
I do get a bit ■■■■■■ tbh if one parks next to me…, but only if there are other spots available that is, I realise they have as much right to park up just like the rest of us, I aint that much of an arse. :smiley:

biggriffin:

pierrot 14:

biggriffin:

DonutUK:

Typical Muppets reply.

Can just picture him in rdc chair, spouting the (I’d pull the pin storyline) bet he was on the balcony too.

Pull the pin story? Don’t know that one, can we have more info pls? Need it for my RDC waiting room bingo game :laughing:

Drempels:

Pull the pin story? Don’t know that one, can we have more info pls? Need it for my RDC waiting room bingo game :laughing:
[/quote]
“Id pull his pin!" "Id turn it off”
“Id tell him to..." "Id call the police and tell em I need a nights sleep or I wont be safe tomorrow”

Normally followed by a silly grin, and “That showed him”, as our story telling hero waits for you admiration at his superiority.

idrive:
Love a running fridge, I’ll always park next to them. get straight to sleep and as said it drowns out the other noises that actually wake you up.

I start nodding off in the barbers chair as soon as he puts the clippers on :smiley: :smiley:

^
This
Will actually look for a reefer to park up next to…nothing like one going at full tilt for a nights sleep… :wink:

Franglais:

Drempels:

“Id pull his pin!" "Id turn it off”
“Id tell him to..." "Id call the police and tell em I need a nights sleep or I wont be safe tomorrow”

Normally followed by a silly grin, and “That showed him”, as our story telling hero waits for you admiration at his superiority.
[/quote]
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I’m with you. Actually in an RDC waiting room right now, but sadly not many English-speaking bods here.

However, we have PHONE MAN, who feels the need to have a 15 minute conversation (so far) about how “James” was begging him to start early on Monday HE SAID IT WAS ONLY ME THAT HE COULD TRUST WI’ IT, ONLY GETTING 24 HOURS OFF THIS WEEK dontcha know.

I’m beside myself with worry at what could be possibly be coming out of a Tesco RDC that only one man can handle it. What ever it is, I can only sit here and marvel at his abilities.

Drempels:
However, we have PHONE MAN, who feels the need to have a 15 minute conversation (so far) about how “James” was begging him to start early on Monday HE SAID IT WAS ONLY ME THAT HE COULD TRUST WI’ IT, ONLY GETTING 24 HOURS OFF THIS WEEK dontcha know.

I’m beside myself with worry at what could be possibly be coming out of a Tesco RDC that only one man can handle it. What ever it is, I can only sit here and marvel at his abilities.

Had a boss who often came out with:
“Im glad its you thats first back, I wouldnt trust anyone else with this next job!”
We all knew it was nonsense, and he said the same no matter who was first back, but `tis all part of the game! :smiley: