Serious tacho infringement

The O licence holder, the truck’s owner must keep records for two years. If DVSA make a visit they could view all of those records (30 seconds on a laptop) and could prosecute.
Liklihood?
If you’re the only offender, maybe nothing. If you are one of many there it maybe different.
Your driver card will hold those records until overwritten. It maybe many months until it disappears. Roadside checks only look at two weeks, but the data from earlier is still there.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

blue estate:

Tailschwing:
Doing Rugeley to Heathfield and back tomorrow. Saying it’s 4.23 hours each way and I’ve got no 10 hour days left. Might be my first night out!

Heathfield sussex ? NFC as the M25 is involved that spare 20 mins will vanish quicker than a yeti in mid summer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You’re right mate. It will have taken me around 5 hours by time I get there.

Either the planning is ■■■■ poor or their drivers go over their hours (said nobody had slept out before).

Tailschwing:

blue estate:

Tailschwing:
Doing Rugeley to Heathfield and back tomorrow. Saying it’s 4.23 hours each way and I’ve got no 10 hour days left. Might be my first night out!

Heathfield sussex ? NFC as the M25 is involved that spare 20 mins will vanish quicker than a yeti in mid summer

You’re right mate. It will have taken me around 5 hours by time I get there.

Either the planning is ■■■■ poor or their drivers go over their hours (said nobody had slept out before).

Go to what your tacho says , if you’re out of hours your out of hours

You should have two pairs of glasses with you, I cant remember where I was told this or by who but if you need corrective measures for vision it must be glasses not contact lenses and must be two pairs.

For some reason I’m thinking it was my optician that told me this when I was getting my medical done, maybe they wanted to sell more glasses but it could have been my driving instructor I cant remember lol I could ask him but I’d imagine the best people to ask is the DVSA.

Ghiabox:
For some reason I’m thinking it was my optician that told me this when I was getting my medical done, maybe they wanted to sell more glasses but it could have been my driving instructor I cant remember lol I could ask him but I’d imagine the best people to ask is the DVSA.

Certainly a legal requirement in France to have a spare pair of specs. Think it’s also true in Spain?
Common sense says “yes” too.

Franglais:

Ghiabox:

Certainly a legal requirement in France to have a spare pair of specs. Think it’s also true in Spain?
Common sense says “yes” too.

I know a couple of people who have brought glasses out of the cheap shops for a few pounds. Not perfect but good enough for a spare if broke/lost their main pair

Ran out of hours but managed to get them to send the van driver so we could swap over.

Tailschwing:
Ran out of hours but managed to get them to send the van driver so we could swap over.

This is beginning to read like a bad comedy tbh,if you ran out of hours and then drove the van back to the depot you broke the law just as much as if you’d of drove the wagon back…

xichrisxi:

Tailschwing:

This is beginning to read like a bad comedy tbh,if you ran out of hours and then drove the van back to the depot you broke the law just as much as if you’d of drove the wagon back…

Depends if he still has duty time left…

ChrisEnglish90:
Depends if he was being paid for this time. I believe if it’s unpaid, not for work and in his own time then it’s fine, but I assume as you point out bringing the commercial vehicle back to the yard puts him over his 10 hour limit potentially. Unless he hadn’t quite ran out of time and was able to make the trip in the time he had remaining.

You believe wrong, travelling to or from the HGV vehicle cannot be used as rest regardless of whether the driver is being paid or not.

Driving a small van back to base does not count towards EU driving time it would be other work.

Therefore as long as he can get back to base in the van within 13 hours from the start of the shift he’s legal regardless of the fact that he’s run out of driving time.

Sent from my mobile.

It wasn’t a 7.5t, it didn’t have a tacho.

I was just under 9 hours of driving as I’d already used my two extended days. I wasn’t over 13 hours total working time (although thought 15 was max allowable working day?).

I’m still stressing about going over my hours the other day to be honest.

Two years is a hell of a long time for it to be able to come back and bite me! Most of all, the card issue is what I’m worried about. It was the worst time possible for it to get stuck as it looks like a deliberate pull rather than an attempt to do a printout prior to running over - I figured that if I got pulled and had a printout with a written explanation it would look less like I was trying to chance it back unnoticed.

I’ve had it happen twice before where the card has gone in and not registered. However, both were at the depot prior to leaving as I never usually remove it prior to ending a shift. First time the workshop guy managed to get it out (not sure how) and second time another driver just turned the key a few times and it popped out. Maybe I tried to put it back in too quickly this time.

Tailschwing:
I wasn’t over 13 hours total working time (although thought 15 was max allowable working day?).

My bad, I thought you’d said you had no reduced daily rest periods available but I see it’s extended driving shifts you’d run out of.

Stop fretting about what you cannot change, learn from it and move on.

Sent from my mobile.

That’s what I’m telling my Compliance people :slight_smile: “Let’s just fix this, then move on”
I have more (Compliance) printouts in my wallet than I have bliddy credit/debit cards!

Well, I’ve not received an NIP or any other correspondence yet.

Do you think it’s possible they’re not intending to go ahead or is this likely to be the plod plodding along slowly with the process?

Tailschwing:
Well, I’ve not received an NIP or any other correspondence yet.

Do you think it’s possible they’re not intending to go ahead or is this likely to be the plod plodding along slowly with the process?

The police won’t be involved unless it’s referred to them from the DVSA,which won’t happen unless it all comes to light through a road side stop or if they come in and audit your works records.

Doh, wrong thread. (should be here = viewtopic.php?f=5&t=158021&p=2543432#p2543432 )

I was talking about the guy that accused me of scraping his car (which I didn’t). Had a letter from plod asking me to identify myself as driver of vehicle a few weeks back (which I replied to) and no reply since.