septic tanker ?

when you said Septic Tank truck, I thought you meant a Kenworth :laughing:

And dont forget the age old gag "The overtime rate is a time and a turd " :smiley:

thanks for feed back. one thing i w3as woundering is are septic tankers the same as petrol tankers ? in there set up and design ?

I have driven both, not much the same waste tankers are built stronger for the pressure they work at. They also open at the rear of the tank for cleaning. Most waste tankers are one single tank fitted with surge plates to help reduce the sloshing of liquid in the tank where oil tankers are fitted with baffles which separate the tanker into compartments. They are fitted with different pressure releif valves, hosing etc. etc.
different world to petrol tankers

Truckulent:
Have you thought about teaching English…■■ :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Good moaning, I was just p1ssing!

I did leachate work for 5 years u get very used to the smell after a bit and normally very quiet unloading places no public

jrt:
thanks for feed back. one thing i w3as woundering is are septic tankers the same as petrol tankers ? in there set up and design ?

Hi jrt,

No mate, those two types of tanker are as different as chalk and cheese.

The septic tank is usually a vacuum / pressure tank, whereas a petrol tanker is an atmospheric tank designed to only ever be at atmospheric pressure.

There are quite a number of other significant differences too.

I tied a piece of cardboard to the back of mine that had written on it “We carry milk at the weekends”.

Thanks diesel dave great infor on these riggs. i also was woundering How do you know when it’s full ? Is there a gauge of dose it just stop sucking it up ? What training and or licenses do you need on top of CPc and lgv/hgv.

You dont need a special licence to drive a honey wagon.If you get a job you would most likely be sent out with some one who could operate the controls and explain them to you.He might not be a driver himself. The tanker has a baffle plate inside that can be moved along so effectively you have two tanks one for "clean"water and one for guess.WHen you have sucked up the blockages you use the clean water to jet away the last of the crud.

They have a clear sight glass on the side or rear of the tanker it tends not to go to the very top of the tanker, so when it gets to the top give it a few minutes to fill the top of the tank but don’t let it go to longer it will fill the very top of the tank and the hose you are sucking with but the pump should stop sucking but you will have to get it back out of the hose it extra hassle for nothing.
You will be sent out with a lad for training simple to use when you know what you doing.
It like everything truck differ depending what type of tankers they have (vactor, vacumm tankers etc)

Below is one I have drove you will c the clear sight on the side of the tank

IMG_1081.jpg

Driveroneuk:

I love the quality wiring job. :smiley: