Self catering.

ossie. I remember when Jaen first opened. I filled up & was given a voucher for a free meal. Hot day ,( Midday ) left the truck on the park & walked over to the restaurant which had the air con turned on full. Waiters served an excellent meal. To celebrate the opening, at the end of the meal every driver was given a treble brandy & a Havana cigar… Had a coffee & thought Id go back to the truck and sleep it off.... I opened the exit door of the restaurant to get to the truck park & was met by a blast of scorching hot air.. It was like a blast from an oven. To cut the story short the difference with temp inside & outside was so great I couldnt make it to the truck & was stuck inside until the sun went down… I had an empty fridge & was wandering down South looking for a load so there was no panic…

There used to be a joke with the old Int. drivers… " The pay is only £100 a week but the firm will pay for all you can drink !" ( That brought the wages up to £500 a week ) :laughing:

I self cater most of the time, ive got a fridge full of food plus loads of tinned stuff, plus i pre prepare dinners so all i have to do is nuke it!!!

I generally take

Old el Paso Fajita kit - easy and filling, also you can get 2 dinners out of it, unless your greedy :unamused:
couple of steaks
chicken, for fajita kit
sausages
bacon
bread
tinned tomato soup
tinned vegetable soup
spagetti hoops
salads
cereals
milk
loads of bottled water
etc etc etc

The only time i eat in restarunts is in spain for my evening meal, as for 8euros its not worth cooking, and for that you get a 3 course dinner with bread, wine and coffee. I can recomend the Andamur truck stop restarunt in La Jonquera, Very large choice of food available!!
If you venture into france at all, carrefour service stations have got an offer on 3-way friges 24v/230v/LPG 250€

One gas ring = one pan = loads of potential :smiley:

10ltr Water Canister (for smuggling it down from North to South)

Ketlle, Tea, Coffee & Hot Choco

Single Ring Gas Stove + Saucepan

Packet of Cereal, fresh milk

A few Army “MRE” Ration packs for emergencies, particularly in winter, put ‘em through the books and claim the Vat back! Ration Pack British army 24hr meal packs

I’m not one for swapping road number stories in transport caf’s — either drivers exaggerate or nothing very exciting happens to me!

Spaceman I think we have already established that.:smiley: ( I’m not one for swapping road number stories in transport caf’s — either drivers exaggerate or nothing very exciting happens to me!
[/quote]
)

Old el Paso Fajita kit - easy and filling, also you can get 2 dinners out of it, unless your greedy

Oooo…never thought of that… :bulb: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: