Searon logistics

animal:
Well with my other cab blowing up a few weeks ago then this things not good atm but taken this week to sort out & wait to see what happens

Bloody hell mate, you need a serious dose of good luck.

How many motor’s your boss running ?

eddie snax:

animal:
Well with my other cab blowing up a few weeks ago then this things not good atm but taken this week to sort out & wait to see what happens

Bloody hell mate, you need a serious dose of good luck.

How many motor’s your boss running ?

2 his & mine

Good luck what is that ■■? did you not know I have all the bad luck so you don’t

Good luck Eddie, hope it works out for you.

Hi all,
good luck to all the Searon drivers finding work sad day, have recently seen 2 new companies start up in Felixstowe area being Infinity container logistics & Martello transport,maybe some work there, cheers Alan.

Cheers Noddy. None of us in Southampton were there very long but they were still took on several lads two weeks ago and they feel really shafted. Fourteen of us left Goldstar over two months to go on there, mainly because we had issues with the planning. We’re going back to Goldstar because they’re telling us our planner from Searon is coming over and he’s going to be running us. Hopefully that’s true, we’ll see otherwise us fourteen won’t be happy again!

mikeshe:
Cheers Noddy. None of us in Southampton were there very long but they were still took on several lads two weeks ago and they feel really shafted. Fourteen of us left Goldstar over two months to go on there, mainly because we had issues with the planning. We’re going back to Goldstar because they’re telling us our planner from Searon is coming over and he’s going to be running us. Hopefully that’s true, we’ll see otherwise us fourteen won’t be happy again!

Mikshe, Darren was running you lads down there wasn’t he, and I can confirm he’s going to Goldstar, and that is from the horses month.

And I will concur, he is one of the most organized planners I’d had the pleasure to work with, I was a bit hacked of when they took him of us to plan you boy’s, but don’t seem that important now.

As for the lads that started recently, there were a few at Felixstowe too on Friday morning, and questioned why they had been set on, the MD waffled a bit, but as it wasn’t on the prepared script, he didn’t have a prepared answer. It really wasn’t pleasant !

eddie snax:

mikeshe:

Mikshe, Darren was running you lads down there wasn’t he, and I can confirm he’s going to Goldstar, and that is from the horses month.

And I will concur, he is one of the most organized planners I’d had the pleasure to work with, I was a bit hacked of when they took him of us to plan you boy’s, but don’t seem that important now.

As for the lads that started recently, there were a few at Felixstowe too on Friday morning, and questioned why they had been set on, the MD waffled a bit, but as it wasn’t on the prepared script, he didn’t have a prepared answer. It really wasn’t pleasant !

Yes he was and what a great planner he is. Never had one like him before, it certainly was your loss and our gain when he planned us. Now he’s on with us so perhaps the job on Goldstar will be like it was on Searon.

In reality I appreciate that Sean was doing everything he could and hoping to pull through but a bit of honesty would have gone a long way. Thankfully we’ve got jobs to go to but at the time of the initial shock a lot of lads felt they’d been well and truly shafted as I expect lads in your depot did. The news, we don’t think was handled or relayed to us very well. Believe it or not, don’t know about the rest of the lads but I found out from Darren when he phoned me. The poor bugger was in the same boat as us, yet he had to the bearer of the bad news and that wasn’t right or fair on him. In light of that alone, if it got uncomfortable for Sean then so be it as some lads will be encountering some financial difficulties and hardships due to his actions right now. It’s a shame it ended that way though.

mikeshe:

eddie snax:

mikeshe:

I’m

Yes he was and what a great planner he is. Never had one like him before, it certainly was your loss and our gain when he planned us. Now he’s on with us so perhaps the job on Goldstar will be like it was on Searon.

In reality I appreciate that Sean was doing everything he could and hoping to pull through but a bit of honesty would have gone a long way. Thankfully we’ve got jobs to go to but at the time of the initial shock a lot of lads felt they’d been well and truly shafted as I expect lads in your depot did. The news, we don’t think was handled or relayed to us very well. Believe it or not, don’t know about the rest of the lads but I found out from Darren when he phoned me. The poor bugger was in the same boat as us, yet he had to the bearer of the bad news and that wasn’t right or fair on him. In light of that alone, if it got uncomfortable for Sean then so be it as some lads will be encountering some financial difficulties and hardships due to his actions right now. It’s a shame it ended that way though.

Sean kept it all well and truly to himself, even the management, in the shape of Piers and Rob didn’t know, they both looked as shell shocked as the rest of us. I chatted with Darren on Friday, it had knocked him I know for sure mate.

Best of luck for the future mate.

eddie snax:

mikeshe:

eddie snax:

mikeshe:

I’m

Sean kept it all well and truly to himself, even the management, in the shape of Piers and Rob didn’t know, they both looked as shell shocked as the rest of us. I chatted with Darren on Friday, it had knocked him I know for sure mate.

Best of luck for the future mate.

And you mate. Take care and probably bump into you at some GS depot.

kindle530:

Cheers, changed plans with a chance to reflect, going to try some agency over the summer, as I have a new option for the start of autumn.

There’s jobs at our place in Ipswich Eddie

OVLOV JAY:

Thanks for the heads up Jay. I think one of our lads is on for your at Ipswich already. Only snag I believe they don’t allow overnighting at West Bank !

I’ve got some agency now, 1st gig Wednesday, do this for 5-6 weeks, then I have a permanent position starting.

eddie snax:

OVLOV JAY:

Thanks for the heads up Jay. I think one of our lads is on for your at Ipswich already. Only snag I believe they don’t allow overnighting at West Bank !

I’ve got some agency now, 1st gig Wednesday, do this for 5-6 weeks, then I have a permanent position starting.

That’s right, not allowed to sleep inside the dock. The lads either park in Felixstowe or drop trailer in the yard and park in the lay by’s by the river

eddie snax:

kindle530:

Cheers, changed plans with a chance to reflect, going to try some agency over the summer, as I have a new option for the start of autumn.

keep us informed mate.

Looks like I have a new job starting Monday

animal:

Brilliant mate, different gaffer ?

eddie snax:

animal:

Yep different company better money bit further away but will be away all week so all is good so far

Seen a searon motor today in Leeds
Are some still running??

yorkshire terrier:
Seen a searon motor today in Leeds
Are some still running??

Not as Searon, Goldstar have taken over the leases on about 40 trucks, based at Peterborough and Southampton. No doubt they will replace the liveries in the future.

No matter what anyone tries to tell you, Searon went into liquidation on Friday. All employees laid off with immediate effect.

animal:

eddie snax:

animal:

Yep different company better money bit further away but will be away all week so all is good so far

Made up for you mate, bit of a silver lining then. Don’t matter about the commute when you tramping.