Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Spardo:

Star down under.:

Spardo:

5thwheel:
No David,Shelvoke and Drewry,but you can still have a coconut!

David

Must have been thinking of Ian, or my mate Bill, who on his way through several pseudonyms on his way to being Alvin Stardust, was Bill Jewry. :laughing:

@SDU Why the Achtung, are there lots of Germans up there? :confused:

Lots of European and (SE) Asian backpackers, David. I assume English and German would cover 99% of Europeans and Mandarin, the bulk of Japs, Koreans and Chinese.

Are they protected? The crocs not the tourists. :unamused:

Both are David. :laughing: The crocs were almost hunted into extinction during the '70s. Now all native fauna is protected and the crocs have bounced back to alarmingly dangerous numbers.
Whenever I’m in croc country, I wear my running shoes; I doubt I could outrun a croc, but I’m damned sure, with my best running shoes, I could outrun a tourist (who are also in plague proportions :wink: )

Star down under.:
Both are David. :laughing: The crocs were almost hunted into extinction during the '70s. Now all native fauna is protected and the crocs have bounced back to alarmingly dangerous numbers.
Whenever I’m in croc country, I wear my running shoes; I doubt I could outrun a croc, but I’m damned sure, with my best running shoes, I could outrun a tourist (who are also in plague proportions :wink: )

They do have their uses then, eh? :laughing:

Tourists, that is. :wink: :smiley:

Photos courtesy of Manchester Libraries.

1950.jpg

S. and D. 1950..jpg

SHELVOKE AND DREWRY..jpg

An old (Australian) Volvo G88 gets a turnover: youtube.com/watch?v=BzbyL-zAi5Y

Star down under.:

Some idiot, somewhere up Cape Trib 1988 (note the casual attitude)

6221339045_b662985916_o.jpg

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Now you’re talking a lovely Packard circa 1930s. Not a coupe but a sedan, I had a 1939 one, a beautiful car, 3 gears plus overdrive but wasn’t really suited to the Perkins P6 under the bonnet. Sacrilege, according to the president of the Classic American Car Club who, at a meet in Bedforshire had drooled over it until I lifted the bonnet. :laughing: :laughing:

‘Of course you will be looking for an engine’ he said but walked away when I shook my head and said I couldn’t afford a straight 6 petrol. I was not invited to join. :unamused:

Buzzer

330392177_5990212534427165_2941856742905117497_n.jpg

Jeez! … You’d need to go steady on the bends with a load like that on a 4-in-line .

Buzzer

SUNP0176.JPG

SUNP0177.JPG

Red Row Rally 004.JPG

Red Row Rally 003.JPG

Those chromed Bedfords look flasher than when they rolled off the production line.

Buzzer