Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hiya,
I wish I had a shilling for every ton of produce I’ve handballed
off and on at the old Covent Garden.

And me Harry,hated the bloody place.

Boatchaser:
Hi Guys
My Grandfather and his brother ran a company in the 50,s early 60,s in Tyldesley ( now Greater Manchester ) building railway wagons for the local pits It was Called Tyldesley Wagon Co ,and I’ve been trying to find out more about them as my Dad worked there as a wagon builder and driver, a guy from the local Historical Society sent me some adverts in the Manchester Evening News from 1950 - 1954 and one was a “FOR SALE” Trojan Truck 15cwt -1 ton , I’ve looked it up but can’t find much about it . As all my family have passed I’ve nobody to ask about the company and the truck so can anyone out there help, they also owned Northern Wagon Co based in Warrington off Causeway Ave Warrington see advert below

Hiya Boatchaser, I have been having a look around to see if I can find anything, but you have probably already seen these.

mushroomman:

Boatchaser:
Hi Guys
My Grandfather and his brother ran a company in the 50,s early 60,s in Tyldesley ( now Greater Manchester ) building railway wagons for the local pits It was Called Tyldesley Wagon Co ,and I’ve been trying to find out more about them as my Dad worked there as a wagon builder and driver, a guy from the local Historical Society sent me some adverts in the Manchester Evening News from 1950 - 1954 and one was a “FOR SALE” Trojan Truck 15cwt -1 ton , I’ve looked it up but can’t find much about it . As all my family have passed I’ve nobody to ask about the company and the truck so can anyone out there help, they also owned Northern Wagon Co based in Warrington off Causeway Ave Warrington see advert below

Hiya Boatchaser, I have been having a look around to see if I can find anything, but you have probably already seen these.

Mushroomman
I’ve neve seen the railway wagon before, Its so surprising that I can’t find anything about my Dads, past . I know all his driving history out of Irlande and his last job a Brit-European on Tankers, but nothing to do with were it all started Thanks for the help and the railway wagon photo . The other photo I had seen when I looked the Trojan Truck up

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

My brother drove one of these little Austins in our teens, many years ago. Nice little cars but did not have sporty road holding. He manged to leave a country lane once, believing he was on the RAC rally, ending up in a shallow river (10 bob to a farmer to pull it out). We dried the distributor out and on our way. Another day he had a Commer van pull out of a side road right in front of us on a damp road. One rear brake locked, we went side ways then over and over, ending up in a front garden. Happy days…

Buzzer

Dipster:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

My brother drove one of these little Austins in our teens, many years ago. Nice little cars but did not have sporty road holding. He manged to leave a country lane once, believing he was on the RAC rally, ending up in a shallow river (10 bob to a farmer to pull it out). We dried the distributor out and on our way. Another day he had a Commer van pull out of a side road right in front of us on a damp road. One rear brake locked, we went side ways then over and over, ending up in a front garden. Happy days…

‘Little’ Austins? That’s an Austin 10 isn’t it? They were sizeable family saloons. The Austin 7 was the little-'un!

ERF-NGC-European:

Dipster:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

‘Little’ Austins? That’s an Austin 10 isn’t it? They were sizeable family saloons. The Austin 7 was the little-'un!

Yes, a !0. My brother also had a Seven, but not the really tiny one. A 7 Ruby convertible. It was troublesome in as much as a keyway in the rear hubs, meant to transmit drive from the halfshaft to the hub/wheel assembly, kept shearing. That one survived accident free!

Red Row 2017 001.JPG

Dipster:

ERF-NGC-European:

Dipster:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Yes, a !0. My brother also had a Seven, but not the really tiny one. A 7 Ruby convertible. It was troublesome in as much as a keyway in the rear hubs, meant to transmit drive from the halfshaft to the hub/wheel assembly, kept shearing. That one survived accident free!

Marvellous! The little Seven was quite a car. I grew up with one, as our family car in the '50s was a 1934 non-Ruby Austin 7. When we became a family of six we had to get rid of it in 1960 and acquired Grandpa’s 1938 Morris 10.

[
[/quote]
[/quote]
Marvellous! The little Seven was quite a car. I grew up with one, as our family car in the '50s was a 1934 non-Ruby Austin 7. When we became a family of six we had to get rid of it in 1960 and acquired Grandpa’s 1938 Morris 10.
[/quote]
We had a 1934 Morris 10/4 in the family too! I remember my Dad relined the clutch using chopped up cork bottle stoppers. It was a Sunday and the only place open was a chemists. So he popped in and bought a bag of corks! I learnt a lot from my Dad-

IMG_0075.JPG