Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

gingerfold:
Loading at Howard Long International Methwold in August 1996. The Leyland Daf was the only one of its kind in the fleet, and its regular driver thought that it was a very good truck.

Hi Oily,
Was that Leyland a twin steer? I think that ended up at Paul Binns Commercials at Bythorn when Turners sold it, Cheer’s Pete

Hi again,heres a few more oldies,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hi again,heres a few more oldies,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Nice selection there Bubbs.I remember A and H Davey from Stoke well.When I was on nights running down to Abbey Wood S.E,late 60s. I used to see them running home with trailers like that loaded with flints from the south coast.

Great pics Bubbs ! I particularly like that F12 of Range’s. :laughing:

Heres another of a Ritson’s ERF !

A00339.JPG

Some more of Turners

bubbleman:

Marc.

Barrow in Furness registered. Pictured at Forton Services (AKA ‘South Lancaster’) - headed north !

bubbleman:
Hi, bit of a mixture today :smiley:

Cheers Marc

Had a cousin worked for Turners a decade or 3 ago.

Apparently one time they made a delivery of a load of brand new frozen TVs/audio/hifi equipment.

Having been stored outside permitted temperature specs, the lot was scrapped.

Mike Lawrence

Heavy Locomotive pictured at the Great Western Railways’ Swindon Works

The first brand new motor I had, TBR 997, Regards Larry.

The founder of the Co. Baxters Road Services Ltd 1953, Started after denationlisation, Old Jonnie set his son young Jonnie up with some ex BRS Motors and a few new ones Bedfords, Atkinsons Albions, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

that looks like an ex Somerfield wagon ■■

Here is a photo taken in Derby Market Place when the new assembley rooms were being built at the launch of the A-Series.Actually the motor was a bit of “talking point” but we never had any problems with them but as usual our first motor Ford sent us was a 6 cylinder petrol in yellow which did look good,but where do you sell one of those.We did to a firm in Lichfield.One chap had one with a luton van ( overloaded) and daily trips to London. No problems.Ind Coope bought a petrol one for a works fire engine.The only one that gave a bit of a problem with one we sold to Robin Hamilton Aston Martin and he had it extended but it was sorted.
I think there are a few on the show scene.We did have a move round with the letters on the display for a photo but I wish I’d got a photo of that.

Tony

This picture reminds me of many a “Night Out” in Portsmouth when I drove for Robert Baillie Transport in the early 1970s.
Brickwoods Brewery had many pubs in Portsmouth, but I preferred Gales Ales from just up the A3 at Horndean. Ray Smyth.
NMP

J.Spurling Ltd Ford Thames Trader & Scammell Hitch trailer. Ray Smyth.

This is parked/dumped on an industrial estate in Swindon.

English Electric Jensen lorry from about 1955. They had a factory in Liverpool. Ray Smyth.

Jensen.jpg

Ray Smyth:
English Electric Jensen lorry from about 1955. They had a factory in Liverpool. Ray Smyth.

I remember seeing lots of those as a lad, usually in pantechnicon van form though. Was it the same compnay as Jensen cars, and did they fold up at the same time?

Pity the poor driver in a rainstorm though. :frowning:

Spardo:

Ray Smyth:

I remember seeing lots of those as a lad, usually in pantechnicon van form though. Was it the same compnay as Jensen cars, and did they fold up at the same time?

Pity the poor driver in a rainstorm though. :frowning:

Hi Spardo,
Yes it is the same Jensen brothers, cars were made in West Bromwich and the trucks made in either Kingswinford or Stoke on Trent, been a while since I read the book! Cheers Pete