Scania fault

Hmmm, The last NOX sensor I had go wrong with this truck was a year ago, but the warning came up as ‘Emission malfunction’ and not ‘Metering’ . I dare say we shall find out tomorrow morning !

Steve-o:
Had a Pre DPF model 63 plate R620 with same issues and it was a NOX sensor

Our place have around 15 R620’s and the nox sensor is now kept in stock at the workshop, its a common problem…

Twoninety88:
Hmmm, The last NOX sensor I had go wrong with this truck was a year ago, but the warning came up as ‘Emission malfunction’ and not ‘Metering’ . I dare say we shall find out tomorrow morning !

Could well be the egr valve. These coke up not allowing the stepper motor to open/close the valve. If it jams shut, nox levels rise causing emission malfunction warning…

Just been informed that it is the Adblu pickup in the tank, the tank is hard to access due to it being a twin diesel tank version and the adblu tank is buried in the chassis.
No spares available …looks like a rental is on the cards (please dont let it be a MAN!)

We’ve had loads of Scanias doing this lately - happened to me last week. We’re wondering whether there’s a bad batch of adblue out there. Anyway, keep your eye on the timer countdown. Once it gets to zero hours the torque limiter will kick in, and you won’t be able to pull the skin off a rice pudding.

ezydriver:
We’re wondering whether there’s a bad batch of adblue out there.

Interesting! We had 3 Actros’s go down with ad blue faults at our depot last week where previously they’ve been as good as gold with regards to ad blue problems.

Mine was due to ‘diesel contamination’.cant work that out as I am the only driver, and fill from a well known brand manufacturers 1000 litre IBC. Got it back this morning ,and the boss just informed me that the other vehicle has just reported the same problem!