Scania,beware!

scanny77:
I apply the same principle with cars. Why put yourself £16000 in debt for a new car when a £600 car does the same thing but much cheaper?

Because it’s a status symbol.

My main car is an 02 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi, with 143k on it. I bought it with 99k on it. It gets an oil change every 6k, with a full service, (Just done.) every 12k and runs as sweet as a nut, and in the 2 1/2 years of owning it has never broken down. It has just passed it’s mot, with 2 minor fails which I should have picked up but missed. My missus has an 03 plate 1.2 Corsa which has the same logic applied to it when it comes to maintenance, and I also have a 99 plate VW Golf GTi road rally car which, with 150k on it and although thrashed to within an inch of it’s life for motorsport purposes, is also well looked after maintenance wise.

Ken.

Been a few yrs but anyone else noticed doesn’t matter what the problem is it’s “Ohhh it a ECU” I’m waiting for a tyre fitter coming out wiv that one!

In nearly 20 yrs of driving I’d guess 100,s of different scanias
I’ve never had 1 breakdown , yes have a go
At the dealers / prices but to have a go
At the realiability of scanias in my
Experience is rubbish , they just keep
Going and going

Why would you go to a main dealer with a 12 year old motor??

Main dealers wouldn’t want to repair that, as they would rather honour warranty work and as was said previously, have fitters not repairers…