Scania Beautys

^^ very smart Muckles

kindle530:
^^ very smart Muckles

It is a tidy bit of kit, just never worked out why I never get to drive those type of trucks when I work for race teams, seems to be more popular for European based teams to get the really tidy kit while British teams make do with old trucks and only think about replacing them when they stop working, but forget that the moment they’re fixed and running again.

one day they will be the old kit mate!

My current motor…

WP_20170731_001.jpg

Asten

Parked up with beside nice looking scanias last night.

Danne

Nice,Danne.
Ulceby,N.Lincs.

Ulceby,N.Lincs.
Try again.

Not a beauty, but a scania non the less.

20170916_184547.jpg

Scania R450 - (OO16SJB):

My temporary ride until the ones with little wheels arrive in March 2018.

Hi gazzer! So what do you think of the new Scania then?

Danne

Whilst the “Old” Scania was comfortable and did exactly what it said on the tin, this is a world away from it.

Good points: Comfort, it rides like a coach, soft and controlled. Quiet, really quiet. The doors close like a top market car. The dash is Golf 6 or Audi A4, a VW driver would be right at home. Cab heater through the normal heating system, it blows on the floor so if your parked up with it on it warms your feet but also will dry your boots/wet clothes if you put them there. The automated gearbox is less hesitant that the 65 plate I had, quick smooth shifts, rarely in the wrong gear. Fuel consumption gone from 7.5 to 8.3mpg on the same work. All switches flush fit. LED grill spotlights phenomenal. All trucks will have them before long but at night…ILLUMINATION and just on 2 small spots, wait till you’ve been dazzled by the LED headlight version. 3 USB charging sockets and 3 power sockets. Fridge now narrower and taller (but not tall enough for 2pts of milk so it has to lie down grrr)and alongside a large slide out drawer in which I have my cooking utensils and non chilled grub. Other under bunk storage trays and bunk is far easier to get up unlike the previous. Excellent in cab lighting. BIG side lockers, left and right.

Points that need to be looked at: Lights, mirrors and window switches on the door, brill but if you leave your window open just half an inch and it rains, they get soaked. So do you when you open the door. There’s no ledge above the door. The basic “Infotainment” system (VW) is comprehensive including DAB but put the radio on and then put your digi card in and the radio station changes WTF!! It constantly disconnects and reconnects my phone, then when connected, won’t answer a call and sometimes it will answer but the radio will still be playing! (Reboot phone or switch off ignition). Let handbrake off quickly and occasionally the front brakes stay on (nothing unusual in that, my 65 plate did it from new and SCANIA cant find owt wrong with it, no it’s not low air pressure). The driver info screen no longer gives you total hours driven in a day, just a count down from either 9 or 10 hours, means you have to print out if you want that info. The wiper intermittent wipe and automatic wiping is hap hazard, has a mind of it’s own. You end up doing it manually because it either goes all the time or not when you want it to. The cab interior finish isn’t as good as you might expect. Over screen cupboards foul the roof when opening. Ends of panels are visible as if they’ve been cut wrongly. My electric glass roof has stopped working already. The drivers door key entry locks seize up for a past time (same on the other one we have) thank god it opens with a remote. Lack of lubrication according to SCANIA, WD40 to the rescue. Collision warning system is not consistent, ding ding, red light, makes you look but no drama, then the next time it will jab on the brakes when there is no pressing reason.

That will do for now, I bet you hadn’t asked!!

These don’t come under the “beauties” tag but they are “new”.

Paul Smart has been trialling the new generation 8x4 with SCANIA. This is the new cab but with disguiser panels screwed into place and a partial old type grille.

A couple from yesterday:

Scania R580 - MacTaggart Bros, Kirkcubright - (SL15VTA).

Scania R620 - Mone Haulage - (HXZ2226).