Scania 111's

5thwheel:

Garsdale:
Some 110’s

SoM had 4 Scania 110’s,looked the part in their colors,shame I can’t find any photos I can download.
David

Here’s two of them:

6x2.png
I wonder if the later one was bought in response to the 44 ton proposals, that the Gov were looking at in 1970? I thought those proposals called for a double drive tractor, so I can’t explain why it is a 6x2. SoM historians may be able to shed more light on it.

Talking about sheds, that Hipwood and Grundy motor has a rather rough-looking sleeper conversion. :laughing:

Brain Haulage Scania 111’s + 110

5.jpg

Robsons of Carlisle

Musgrove`s of Stamford

Here’s one nmp, Buzzer

1.jpg

Garsdale:
Brain Haulage Scania 111’s + 110

Is that the Pink Panther in the background ? ironically if it is the reg is EPU 305T IIRC and in the foreground is 299T

Garsdale:
Robsons of Carlisle

About April '76 I bought a S/hand CF 40ft trailer of Ivinsons it was only a couple of years old and immaculate. I collected it one Sunday and they had left it out parked next to the village green IIRC the village was Ivegill but it’s a long while ago. And if IIRC it’s Bewick fleet No. was either 42 or 43 ! Cheers Bewick.

[zb]
anorak:

5thwheel:

Garsdale:
Some 110’s

SoM had 4 Scania 110’s,looked the part in their colors,shame I can’t find any photos I can download.
David

Here’s two of them:
I wonder if the later one was bought in response to the 44 ton proposals, that the Gov were looking at in 1970? I thought those proposals called for a double drive tractor, so I can’t explain why it is a 6x2. SoM historians may be able to shed more light on it.

Talking about sheds, that Hipwood and Grundy motor has a rather rough-looking sleeper conversion. :laughing:

In an old thread/post on TN there is a shot of an SoM Scania coupled to one of their Highway trailers and I’m sure it is a double drive bogie plus it is lettered “HEAVY HAULAGE” across the front bumper. Cheers Bewick.

Rough old gal

robthedog:
Rough old gal

Shropshire reg ,could be ex Swains Stretton ,thank you Trevor

Some more

5.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.jpg

TEC 640R 111 Day cab.
First shot stood in the depot new into service January 1977 Driven by Duncan McMinn.

Second shot taken about 15 or so years later relegated to shunting at the Mill.

scan0135.jpg

P&O

p1.jpg

T Brady

b5.jpg

b4.jpg

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

P1080182.JPG

A few past there best

tastrucker:

robthedog:
Rough old gal

Shropshire reg ,could be ex Swains Stretton ,thank you Trevor

Hiya,Trevor…spot on mate,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

might as well add my dads 110 in , low speed diff , 52 mph and you were in the red, 48 tonnes GTW though . i’ve put a photo of each of its liveries.
tony

[zb]
anorak:

5thwheel:

Garsdale:
Some 110’s

David

Here’s two of them:

Many thanks anorak,just the ticket.

I do know that SoM were very active in the transporting of Caterpillar earth movers from Glasgow area,perhaps the double drive was purchased with this in mind,they had a couple of Guy double drives with 220 ■■■■■■■ in them too.

David

Williams Bros