Scammell

Still earning a living, taken this week at Nigg fabrication yard on the Cromarty Firth.

jshepguis:
Still earning a living, taken this week at Nigg fabrication yard on the Cromarty Firth.

Those things are really as tough as nails :wink:

jshepguis:

and the one behind it is no spring chicken either

history2.jpg
Ready to rock n roll! Nmp

Just come across this:

The Scammell appears to “win” the trial, although the AEC and Foden do OK. The test looks a bit rubbish IMO- some of the lorries are only part-loaded on some of the tests.

Did some of the Constructors have a modified version of the LAD cab?

essexpete:

There was this one

Dennis Javelin:

essexpete:

There was this one

I aguess that was some marketing angle? I was meaning the bonnet Constructor the cab from the screen up and back looks a bit LAD-like

essexpete:

Dennis Javelin:

essexpete:

There was this one

I aguess that was some marketing angle? I was meaning the bonnet Constructor the cab from the screen up and back looks a bit LAD-like

Probably made from whatever they had available at the time

Found some more pics of those big old Aussi contractors !

If you Google “Scammell Contractor 8x4”, it looks like there is one complete somewhere in Oz,parked in a yard. Dunno if it is still there. It would make a great restoration project if it is.

I would have copied the link to the page, but I’m on a smartphone, and I ain’t that smart.
[/quote]

Is this the truck you were referring to Anorak as far as i.m aware only 2 were built to this spec with the ■■■■■■■ engine and 13 speed R/R here in Oz at the Perth WA Leyland assembly line. in 1970 or 71.They were supplied to Western Mineing.
Dig

Some Australian Leyland/ Scammells, same horse, different jockey.

207077739_10208604798193290_1725403455513047612_n.jpg

207077739_10208604798193290_1725403455513047612_n.jpg

scan0004.jpg

Leyland Contractor Brambles.jpg