Scammell Routeman

Here are some great pictures from NA3T web page.

VS02700.jpg

VS02698.jpg

VS01788.jpg

VS01785.jpg

VS01783.jpg

Some more pictures. Handymans/Trunkers.

VS02743.jpg

VS02741.jpg

VS02739.jpg

VS02732.jpg

VS02711.jpg

VS02701.jpg

Another selection of Eight Legger Tippers :sunglasses:

ARC

ARC :sunglasses:

HEYGATE & SONS :sunglasses:

RMC :sunglasses:

FORESTRY COMMISSION :sunglasses:

AMEY :sunglasses:

some more 8 wheeler routeman pictures from NA3T.

VS02756.jpg

VS02747.jpg

VS02731.jpg

VS02725.jpg

VS02722.jpg

JS00367-03d1.jpg

JS00367-03.jpg

Blue Circle Cement Tanker.

Me uncle on for REEMA

IMG_1617.JPG

SCAMMELL ROUTEMAN :sunglasses:

SCAMMELL TRUNKER :sunglasses:

Some more Routeman Tipper pics :sunglasses:

Seeing all these has reminded me of sitting around the table in our Saudi ‘Villa’.

One of the lads had just returned, so had a little cloud over his head, but of course we were all anxious to hear what he’d been up to during his three weeks in Blighty.

He was discussing how voluptuous was this girl he’d gone out with. He reduced us to helpless laughter with ‘She had ■■■■■■■ like Scammell starter buttons!’

John

scamm73:
Some more Routeman Tipper pics :sunglasses:

Good to see Davies of Llanarmon , they ran quite a few Routemans , the one next to it , i think is ex Amey roadstone from the Oswestry area , thank you Trevor

A very very fine looking tipper!! :sunglasses:

A few more from NA3T :sunglasses:

VS02744.jpg

VS02689-d1.jpg

CZC00067-12.jpg

CX00950-04.jpg

CX00254.jpg

Here’s one that was available a few years ago, used regularly (every day) but never did much more than two miles a day !! It was used to replenish the fishing boats in Mallaig harbour, Scotland. They loaded it from railway tankers, it crossed the road to the pier filled up the fishing boats and just stood around most of the time…the perfect candidate for restoration. Anyone know what happened to it?..I believe it had a Leyland engine.

gardnersmoke:
Here’s one that was available a few years ago, used regularly (every day) but never did much more than two miles a day !! It was used to replenish the fishing boats in Mallaig harbour, Scotland. They loaded it from railway tankers, it crossed the road to the pier filled up the fishing boats and just stood around most of the time…the perfect candidate for restoration. Anyone know what happened to it?..I believe it had a Leyland engine.

I have got this picture of the same vehicle, Reg MGC 999L, I know not when or where it was taken.I Think it must of still been in full time service when it was taken,looking at the picture. :sunglasses: