Scammell Crusaders

Why did they do it? Looks like the only benefit is having the cab mounted lower to me!

Is it my eyes, or is that a “v” configuration engine behind the cab?

Your eyes are better than mine because I can’t even really see the engine.

We could make a joint appointment at Specsavers- BOGOF? :wink:

gazsa401:

Nmp

Hi - what is the story of this one. Is it still around. Any bits for sale off it?

My old girls:

stevecook:
My old girls:

I used to pull for Chris Hudsons with this motor and I read of a pic on the South Wales thread of a Chris Hudson tilt with a Crusader under it and hoping it was mine I hunted through the whole thread until I found this:

This is on EBay at the moment for sale

Stacked it:

gazsa401:

Nmp

Hi - what is the story of this one. Is it still around. Any bits for sale off it?

Scammell Amazon
Ex BNFL
I snapped it at Gaydon in 2006

fryske:

Stacked it:

gazsa401:

Nmp

Scammell Amazon
Ex BNFL
I snapped it at Gaydon in 2006

Is the top photo more recent or has she had a tidy up? Nice looking wagon.

8D6F39B4-435C-4FAE-BB38-32CA8B67D1B5.jpeg

excellent photographs ,one of the better vehicles to come out of Leyland !!
loved the crusaders that J R Adams used to run .always turned out smart with there distinctive livery,
all hand sign written which nowadays is very rare
did this a couple of weeks ago, hope it might be of interest to any one into this old workhorse

Nice one Paul, Very good detail, Keep them rolling, Regards Larry.

hello Larry ,how are you ,have not been on here for a few weeks and missed the post about the drivers get together in Newcastle last month .
Hope the next one is not to far away and I can catch up with you and all the other drivers at the next one
take care and thanks for the reply ,hope you and your family are all well ,paul

paul ward:
hello Larry ,how are you ,have not been on here for a few weeks and missed the post about the drivers get together in Newcastle last month .
Hope the next one is not to far away and I can catch up with you and all the other drivers at the next one
take care and thanks for the reply ,hope you and your family are all well ,paul

Hiya,
Jakie’s Australian branch ■■.
thanks harry, long retired.

hi Harry ,don’t know how that happened I will try again, paul

JRADAMS ERF copy.jpg

I kind of lost heart in this thread when Photobucket pulled the plug and took away most of the photos posted on here.
If anyone posted previously and their pics were lost this way please feel free to repost if you can.
These are 2 of mine that I drove in the '80s - I will dig out more as I find them:

Couple of Rolls Royce spec sheets for Crusaders.

Click on twice.

A couple from Sykes Bulk Liquids where I worked late '70s

21554_1394117132908_7113127_n.jpg
I believe this to be the now departed Philip Wheeler in the cab. Rest in peace Phil.

Philip.jpg

3136542630_d9a9d38d5b_m (3).jpg

nigelhunt:

This is one of five crusaders belonging to rhr bearings.Their reg numbers were RNN184N, RNN185N,GTV185N,GCH330N,and HRB837N
RNN184N and HRB837N were based at newark.GTV185N at ferrybridge,RNN185N at chelmsford.and GCH330N at blackburn.

Here is one of them before it went to the scrap yard, after they started knocking down the Chelmsford factory