Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Anyway, I doubt many Bernards were sold in Turkey!

MaggieD:

Fergie47:
Hi Dave,

I hope you and Liz are keeping well ? Must arrange a meet up don’t know where the time goes ! Shame there was no Locomotion this year.
Great pics as usual, here’s the Italian version.
Kind Regards
Richard
]

Hi Richard and Angie

I was hoping to catch up with you in August, I was going to do the Pennine run with Monty in the Foden, sadly it’s been put on hold , so if you pm me your landline number I’ll give you a ring next week to catch up…
Dave et Liz

Eddie Heaton:
The third one down the column Fergie. That green motor sporting what appears to be some species of flame thrower mounted above the cab……That wouldn’t be the one that’s currently out looking for me by any remote chance would it ? :smiley: . Or am I to assume that all has been forgiven ?
It’s just that it gets a bit lonely out here in the Gobi desert, what with constantly having to look over one’s shoulder whilst trying to cook one’s dinner of chicken giblets with black tripe over a smouldering camp fire of camel dung.

Regards. Edouard Le philistine.

Ah, le philistine has emerged from it’s hiding place eh, the Gobi desert isn’t big enough to hide in, my horsemen were tipped off and on the way with a crucifixion notice , however, you managed, by sheer luck, to have cleared off and have moved on, the waste lands of the Russian tundra by all accounts, hence the need for that Ruskie phallic heater, for those cold lonely nights

My men passed by your olde peasants shack to trick your family into paying me a handsome ransom for you, they told them to F.O, as they didn’t want you back…something to do with you eating all the turnips whilst they starved… enough said.

Things are going well in my bretagne kingdom, I’ve put taxes up, the price of charcoal has doubled and all horse riders, and horse and cart owners, have to pay double for tolls and for their animal feed…hang on, that sounds like the same thing is happening in plauge island, that obese pig eyed idiot running your country has been copying me…if we can’t find you in the next week, well get him instead, they’ll be enough fat on him to light my castles with candles for years.

Off to guillotine a few philistines this afternoon, nothing like a good beheading as a birthday treat …

Duke de BRETAGNE

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Mix of old black and white pics.

A most interesting batch there!
1- Latil H2
2- Volvo (?)
3- Somua JL 17
4- Alfa-Romeo
5- Latil
6- Magirus-Deutz
7- Belgian Miesse, usually powered by Gardner engines. Built until c. 1970
10- This Citroën U55 T, with its 100 bhp (either petrol or diesel) engine would have been totally unable to move such a semi-trailer if full! It was used by the Fruehauf factory to move them from one site to another during their manufacturing.

Thanks for all the info Froggy…informative as usual.

Dipster:

Fergie47:
Here’s 10 photos of rather unusual / strange / modified, in one way or another, looking vehicles…

Pic 3: I saw similar vehicles used at Moscow airport back in the 90s for clearing snow and ice from the runways. Those I saw had the jet outlet pointing sideways. The airport staff ran several on the runway at once in a pattern not dissimilar to farmers running combines across fields at harvest time. A very impressive sight,

Dipster, the question is, what were you doing in Moscow ? I feel an intriguing story coming on, spying on that Edouard le Philistine perhaps ?

Fergie47:
With the price of fuel rising, thinking about modifying my bike like these 2…try to save a few bob…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Fergie47:

Eddie Heaton:
The third one down the column Fergie. That green motor sporting what appears to be some species of flame thrower mounted above the cab……That wouldn’t be the one that’s currently out looking for me by any remote chance would it ? :smiley: . Or am I to assume that all has been forgiven ?
It’s just that it gets a bit lonely out here in the Gobi desert, what with constantly having to look over one’s shoulder whilst trying to cook one’s dinner of chicken giblets with black tripe over a smouldering camp fire of camel dung.

Regards. Edouard Le philistine.

Ah, le philistine has emerged from it’s hiding place eh, the Gobi desert isn’t big enough to hide in, my horsemen were tipped off and on the way with a crucifixion notice , however, you managed, by sheer luck, to have cleared off and have moved on, the waste lands of the Russian tundra by all accounts, hence the need for that Ruskie phallic heater, for those cold lonely nights

My men passed by your olde peasants shack to trick your family into paying me a handsome ransom for you, they told them to F.O, as they didn’t want you back…something to do with you eating all the turnips whilst they starved… enough said.

Things are going well in my bretagne kingdom, I’ve put taxes up, the price of charcoal has doubled and all horse riders, and horse and cart owners, have to pay double for tolls and for their animal feed…hang on, that sounds like the same thing is happening in plauge island, that obese pig eyed idiot running your country has been copying me…if we can’t find you in the next week, well get him instead, they’ll be enough fat on him to light my castles with candles for years.

Off to guillotine a few philistines this afternoon, nothing like a good beheading as a birthday treat …

Duke de BRETAGNE

Excellent Duke of BRETAGNE. :smiley: :smiley:

Bernard owned by a transport company of the same name in the 50 th.

Great picture with beautiful French trucks!

Removal van on 1960 Berliet PLR coach chassis.

Froggy55:
Removal van on 1960 Berliet PLR coach chassis.

Beautiful lorry Froggy, I started working on wagons in the early '60’s, we had nothing as good looking as that, more " rugged and practical " and some had room for a driver…just…
I bet the driver was proud to have driven that camion, I’d he happy driving it today… :slight_smile:
Thanks for posting

An other removal Berliet lorry PLB still preserved.

Interesting! I had never seen this one before.

Other picture.

Has it been restored?

Berliet diesel tipper; picture taken in Marseille in 1934.

Some fine postings this past year gentlemen. Here are a couple more removal camions.

Déménagements - Dubouil Agen - Berliet TLC 6

20220815 Demenagements - Dubouil Agen - Berliet TLC6.jpg

Not sure about this one.

jsutherland:
Some fine postings this past year gentlemen. Here are a couple more removal camions.

Déménagements - Dubouil Agen - Berliet TLC 6

Not sure about this one.

Both are Berliets. The first one is a GLC 6a with the small windscreen and wipers above it (1950-53). The second is a GDR 7 (1945-50).

Berliet TDM GE 334 LW (1).jpg
This fully reconditioned Berliet TDM 10 W (c. 1950) is on its way to a vintage motor fair in the Lot area.

Buzzer