Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Good contributions Tiptop and Michel :smiley: .

I found this, somewhere:

e7cd7d699a1f4eba3a8387521cc38297.jpg
Which coachbuilder did the cab?

[zb]
anorak:
Good contributions Tiptop and Michel :smiley: .

I found this, somewhere:
Which coachbuilder did the cab?

hey, Looks like a Büssing with Mercedes engine, but the coachbuilder as i remember good is Wackenhut.
Nice François Michel.
Eric,

Couldn’t it as well be a recabbed Mercedes LP? Its wheels match with the ones of the LP 333 of previous picture.

Froggy55:
Couldn’t it as well be a recabbed Mercedes LP? Its wheels match with the ones of the LP 333 of previous picture.

It is an LP- possibly a 315. Those came as “standard” with a Wackenhut cab, from 1955. They were the first “production” European forward-control heavy trucks. I put the words in quotes, because the LP was also available with Kaessbohrer and another coachbuilder’s cabs. The name of that other metal-basher is in my other computer, and I am not at home :laughing: .

The cab on the drawbar outfit in the picture does not look like any of those. Indeed, it looks like a Buessing, as suggested. I wonder if it is by that manufacturer’s similarly-named supplier, Buessing und Sohn?

Whatever, it looks like a very comfortable vehicle in which to travel around the sparsely-trafficked 1950s European roads.

Froggy55:

Hey, You Froggy, have right, it’s Mercedes, de front axle is narrow, chassis maybe made for a 2.30 meters wide and cabbed as a 2.50 wide ■■

Courtesy of Stadsarchief Amsterdam.

e2fc2f59-f6f5-94f6-714d-6eedf67bc23a.jpg

0e159a12-f762-0292-b875-bb7318ef1928.jpg

40bcccc7-dbda-2c9e-c71e-a72f138e354e.jpg

c2df153c-840a-c858-ae2f-d57d04a79623.jpg

2bfd1e43-0438-8ecc-b622-189c53518ac1.jpg

215a8308-e064-bd11-5cb7-5688cd013100.jpg

More insight into German coachbuilders here:
baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … 0&page=227

This one has a Kassbohrer cab.

Rare LP 333 with Alquier fridgebody.

Another Kassbohrer:

1653_1_005MercedesBenzLPKaessbohre.jpg

Most interesting pictures of smartly cabbed Mercedes LPs! I had never seen the Alquier chinese six before.

Here’s an UNIC CD 2 with a mention “Paris-Grenoble in 20 hours”. Such a distance (aprrox 570 kms) with a modern truck would be done in some 7 hours of drive on the motorway at an average speed of 80 km/h. But just think of it in the mid 1930s, with 120 bhp under the throttle and dozens of villages to cross all along he way; certainly a great achievement for the crew of the Unic!
forum-auto.caradisiac.com/automo … 1-7770.htm

A Bùssing with a Schenk cab.

Schenk is a new name for me to remember. Tres bien Michel :smiley: .

The one I can’t remember properly has a name similar (I think) to Sweden’s national airport, which renders Google useless :laughing: :unamused: . I have seen pictures of them on, I think, Mercedes or Buessing chassis.

Old Bussing

More so far unidentified German coachbuilders:

The Henschel has the same cab as the “mystery” Merc up top, or one very similar. A pint of lager beer for anyone who can identify the coachbuilders of the Kaelble and the latter two LKWs. :smiley:

Both pics from Wikipedia.

The design of all these German cabs is very similar, and certainly offered an appreciable space compared to ost standard cabs of the 1950s and 60s.

Froggy55:
The design of all these German cabs is very similar, and certainly offered an appreciable space compared to ost standard cabs of the 1950s and 60s.

I would agree with that- the Relaxe cab came out in 1959, but those German cabs were available some five years before. Even the Dutch, with their vast battalions of coachbuilders, were a year or two behind the German metal-bashers (tin hat on) :laughing: .

Unknown Cab builder on Bùssing :

These German coachbuilders are almost as fascinating as the Dutch ones, or even the French :laughing: .

I still can’t find a reference to the one whose name sounds like “Arlanda”. It is driving me mad. I’m starting to think I might have been mad all along, and it was a figment of my imagination. :laughing:

I suslect that the blue Henschell and the Merc at the top of the page have a Kaessbohrer hut, but of an earlier type than the more familiar ones- those with the wrap-around 'screens and the oval chrome strip on the front.