Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

jsutherland:

pv83:
Fergie’s Ltd… we don’t ■■■■ about…

Patrick, what are you doing laddie. Where are you supposed to be staying in a weeks time? You are playing with fire…

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

I’ve got it under control Johnny, I’ll be bringing extra troops with me :wink:

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:
3 pics below the odd Citroen, what is going on with the 6x4 Berliet (model no?) tipper/trailer outfit? It looks like it is carrying a trailer in kit form. Perhaps our resident heavy haulage expert will have some idea?

Was wondering about that too Anorak, but seeing it on a bigger screen now, it looks like they’ve put two dollies on the back, maybe for a long load to carry?
As we’ve seen before, they came up with quite some “out of the box” solutions back in them days…

And you were referring to a certain heavy haulage expert, surely that must be Herr Sutherland…? :laughing: :laughing:

A brace of tandem dollies, or four single axles? Either way, they are straight out of the paint shop.

Looks like tandem dollies? Being used for their first job?

jsutherland:

pv83:
Fergie’s Ltd… we don’t ■■■■ about…

Patrick, what are you doing laddie. Where are you supposed to be staying in a weeks time? You are playing with fire…

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

And I am the Firestarter, twisted fire starter!

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAdxAAAAJGVmMjA4MzdlLWM4MTMtNDEyMC1hZmI3LWQ3NDJhODUwYjM2ZA-523x270.jpg

Patrick setting off to pick his trailer up, PV83 don’t ■■■■ about!

child-drives-surefreight-ireland-scania-toy-truck-and-somehow-garners-22-million-views.jpg

Nice one Pete, very classy like… to be honest, I did laughed me arse off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pv83:
There there Senior, I’ll be bringing some presents… :laughing:

Only thing you need to bring is a dozen boxes of nappies, you ruined the bed with your constant bed wetting the last time…that, or you’re in the wood shed… :unamused:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Only thing you need to bring is a dozen boxes of nappies, you ruined the bed with your constant bed wetting the last time…that, or you’re in the wood shed… :unamused:

Don’t think he cares Dave, here is his profile pic off Facebook, Anon 1

wetting-the-bed.jpg

Some French motors for you Dave!

pete smith:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Hang on a minute there lads, I was just simply trying to reinvent the waterbed by using bodily fluids… it’s a try and error thingie you see…

Nice one again Pete :laughing: :laughing:

pete smith:
Patrick setting off to pick his trailer up, PV83 don’t ■■■■ about!

It says Scania on it, but it’s actually a very good recreation of an SK Merc.

pete smith:
Some French motors for you Dave!

Pity that DAF on the left is nearly out of sight…

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:

This looks interesting- is it still about, IE was that photo a recent one? It looks like it has single wheels on the drive axles, which stirs a (possibly false) memory that the Magnum LSW had its roots in a Saviem.

This Saviem SM340 is still runing, no single wheels

Fergie I kept looking at this picture and the more I did I kept think that’s Richard (R&A) don’t you think there is a likeness, JD.

child-drives-surefreight-ireland-scania-toy-truck-and-somehow-garners-22-million-views.jpg

pete smith:

Fergie47:

pv83:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Philippe:

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:

This looks interesting- is it still about, IE was that photo a recent one? It looks like it has single wheels on the drive axles, which stirs a (possibly false) memory that the Magnum LSW had its roots in a Saviem.

Hi Philippe. Thnaks for the pic. Both vehicles look to be very well preserved. Do you have any more pics of them?

PS how far back is my/pv83’s post? I have a feeling that it was answered in the affirmative by the great man himself, but my memory is not what it was… I think.

pv83:

pete smith:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Hang on a minute there lads, I was just simply trying to reinvent the waterbed by using bodily fluids… it’s a try and error thingie you see…

Nice one again Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Well if its a water bed you are on you need to call ATS cos you have a puncture my boy!!

[zb]
anorak:

Philippe:

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:

Hi Philippe. Thnaks for the pic. Both vehicles look to be very well preserved. Do you have any more pics of them?

PS how far back is my/pv83’s post? I have a feeling that it was answered in the affirmative by the great man himself, but my memory is not what it was… I think.

These 2 vehicles are based 100 kms from me, they serve at summertime for transport bumper cars on fairgrounds ( sorry for my english written !). The post is around page 155, if my mind is OK !

pv83:
Going a bit off topic, but what about this one…? Changes my view on those R5’s completely :wink:

R5 by Christian de Léotard, engaged in the first “Paris dakar” in 1979, I don’t remember if the car arrived in Dakar. After de Léotard builted other 6 wheelers based on Mercedes “G” séries and one had a body of a Mercedes 190. Transmission between 2 and 3st axles with chains

Davidoff:

So I got some initial information on this motor - someone was able to share that this motor was fitted with an American-made V8 engine.
However no further information as to which engine, or which purpose this vehicle was built for.

Hopefully more will come as people come home and log on to their online discussions

Regards

“Detroit Diesel” powered. Made for petrol prospection ( Schlumberger if I remember )

Buzzer:
Fergie I kept looking at this picture and the more I did I kept think that’s Richard (R&A) don’t you think there is a likeness, JD.

:laughing: :laughing: