Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:
Thought I’d chuck this one in…First you get a booklet thought the post with everything they have on the wagon, about 2 weeks later it comes to the local town, sets up for either the morning or afternoon, where you can go buy what you’ve seen in the book-let…mostly tools, garage, motoring, gardening stuff, boots household pots and pans etc…It comes around about every 2 months…I expect Froggy will get one the same or similar in his neck of the woods ?..haven’t bought too much, but what i have has been reasonable quality and price, and saved the drive into tiown…

Oh yes, I do know them! Most of their stuff is crap, and their only advantage, compared to low-cost stores such as Brico-Dépot is that you have to queue an hour. They regularly come in my village, where many people still think they’ll make the deal of their life!

pv83:
Here’s Fergie, leaving his “chateau”…

Whippersnapper…do you remember that beautiful young girl with the long flowing blonde hair we fixed you up with when you were here ? and I lent you one of my bikes so you take her out for a …errrrr …

It was one of course one of our neighbours sheep, called Baabraa…with a skirt on, you didn’t seem to notice, but I do have some pic’s…Do you really want me to post them up all on here…thought not, so watch it…here however is just one of you taking her off out for the evening… the:twisted: :imp:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Thought I’d chuck this one in…First you get a booklet thought the post with everything they have on the wagon, about 2 weeks later it comes to the local town, sets up for either the morning or afternoon, where you can go buy what you’ve seen in the book-let…mostly tools, garage, motoring, gardening stuff, boots household pots and pans etc…It comes around about every 2 months…I expect Froggy will get one the same or similar in his neck of the woods ?..haven’t bought too much, but what i have has been reasonable quality and price, and saved the drive into tiown…

Oh yes, I do know them! Most of their stuff is crap, and their only advantage, compared to low-cost stores such as Brico-Dépot is that you have to queue an hour. They regularly come in my village, where many people still think they’ll make the deal of their life!

Whoops, you’re not a fan then… :unamused:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Whippersnapper…do you remember that beautiful young girl with the long flowing blonde hair we fixed you up with when you were here ? and I lent you one of my bikes so you take her out for a …errrrr …

It was one of course one of our neighbours sheep, called Baabraa…with a skirt on, you didn’t seem to notice, but I do have some pic’s…Do you really want me to post them up all on here…thought not, so watch it…here however is just one of you taking her off out for the evening… the:twisted: :imp:

oh aye, I clearly remember that, already thought she was a bit… wooly… “down under”… just reckoned that’s what the French lassies prefer…right, I’ll get me coat :blush:

Fergie47:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:

Saw one years ago, but that was a mobile shop based upon a rigid chassis. Reckoned the idea wasn’t all that bad, especially for the elderly (no, for once I’m not meaning you Senior :wink: ).

Fergie47:

pv83:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Fergie and his wooly followers off on anual leave… :unamused:

Fergie47:

Cheap usually means crap to me. I’ve had a Peugeot drill for the past 35 years, and it’s still working as it did on its very first day, thought it went through very tough work! You won’t do the same with a B&D or Rhino drill purchased for £ 15!

OK. It’s 1935 and it’s Canada. But what is the make of the truck?

David

Princess_Louise_Loading_International_Harvester_Truck_at_Vancouver_1935_copy.jpeg

David Miller:

David

I think “White”, possibly model 700

ERF-Continental:

David Miller:

David

I think “White”, possibly model 700

Haven’t got the slightest idea… cracking pic though Mr Miller :wink:

Pubquiz question, what is it and isn’t it the ugliest thing you’ve seen…

Meanwhile in rural Brittany…

Pubquiz question round two…

pv83:

I’ve seen uglier people… :open_mouth:

pv83:
Pubquiz question, what is it…

Ateliers Lelueu Meaux
WPK2 - TS18 or a WF2 - TS20

pv83:
…and isn’t it the ugliest thing you’ve seen…

Yes! :open_mouth:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:

This sort of dealer has been around for years. I would go to see what they were offering off the back of their wagon at the big regional market in Aigle, in the Orne departement, when I was working in Paris in the 70’s. I had a house near Verneuil sur Avre at the time and Aigle is only a few kms (about 30 as I recall) away. Mind you my commute to work was 112 kms each way (!) but it was a great place for the kids to grow up in.

I wonder if the market is still held in Aigle? And if so whether it is as grand as it was then. They had all sorts on offer, livestock and vehicles as well as the normal food and clothes. A good day out!

Fergie47:

pv83:

I’ve seen uglier people… :open_mouth:

No need to mention the mother in law Senior…

ERF:

pv83:
Pubquiz question, what is it…

Ateliers Lelueu Meaux
WPK2 - TS18 or a WF2 - TS20

pv83:
…and isn’t it the ugliest thing you’ve seen…

Yes! :open_mouth:

Cheers :wink: