Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:

pv83:
Wonder what Mum2 has got to say about all this Senior…

Your loving son,
Whippersnaps

Dunno…but she was the one that wanted to sell you in the fist place…

pv83:
Remember this day then Senior? You (wearing clogs…) trying to teach me how to drive that bike of yours… needless to say I’ve never went near a bike after that day…

First…you don’t drive a bike, you ride it
Second…don’t mistake my kindness, teaching you to ride… for teaching you to ride, hoping you’d you’d clear off long enough for us to move house…

Here you are Whips…I taught you at at such an early age how to master a manual box , and you still can’t

Don’t believe a word Senior, just spoken to Mum2, she didn’t knew any of this! She just thought I’d buggered off… apparently she’s still waiting for the money I’ve send her… so care to explain what you’ve done with the money… and do you think it’s acceptable what you’ve done…

Bikes, motorcycles, whatever… nearly bought a Intruder once, but remembering your lessons, I’d bought a Ford Capri instead…

Could be me in that pic, because you know I like to wear me shorts… but I reckon it’s Davidoff mate, the lad has got hair…

Patrick I just wanted to say of the border photos you put on that I could have been very happy in the Palais de la Bierre and I wouldn’t have cared how long it took to get cleared.

David

Fergie47:
Theme…lorries that are well balanced and look right…especially those whose trailers suit the wagon, The Magnum for instance looks good with that trailer, but wouldn’t with a low-loader…what do think ?

3014979709_2_3_KfoTm5Ql.jpg
Many interesting pictures during the last 24 hours! And this Bernard is totally new to me, unlike most pictures of Bernard trucks (of which we French are particularly keen) which usually have gone round and round all forums several times!

pv83:

The French/Belgian border runs in the middle of some villages (ex: Comines), and first picture must be one of its check-points; a few houses are even split by the border.

This is a charcoal gas operated 1938 Berliet GDMG.

I’ll try to know what is the make of the two trucks on the right. The picture is very interesting too, because theyre obviously army trucks, but their registration, which could match the Aveyron département in the early ‘50s, is definitely older, in regard to the mens’ suits.

David Miller:
Patrick I just wanted to say of the border photos you put on that I could have been very happy in the Palais de la Bierre and I wouldn’t have cared how long it took to get cleared.

David

You and all the others no doubt David :laughing: Not me though, serious as I am, I’m always finding a way to crack on… :blush: :laughing:

Froggy55:

pv83:

The French/Belgian border runs in the middle of some villages (ex: Comines), and first picture must be one of its check-points; a few houses are even split by the border.

This is a charcoal gas operated 1938 Berliet GDMG.

I’ll try to know what is the make of the two trucks on the right. The picture is very interesting too, because theyre obviously army trucks, but their registration, which could match the Aveyron département in the early ‘50s, is definitely older, in regard to the mens’ suits.

Cheers for the info so far Paul :wink:

Been at the docks today, was a grand day out for me… well sort of… :wink:

20171222_094843.jpg

20171222_094809.jpg

20171222_094546.jpg

20171222_094507.jpg

20171222_094453.jpg

20171222_095603.jpg

pv83:

Where are they all headed for, Morocco, Middle East. Must have made your day!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pv83:

Good photos Whips…

All those classics gone…shame, some great motors there that should have been bought and saved…

I remember in the '80’s the mass export of classic British motorbikes, we lost a lot of our heritage then… :cry:

Dealers probably buy then at scrap price to send them to West Africa for a second very hard life, when these “seniors” should deserve a happy pensioner"s life! Some toughly built trucks like the Renault concrete mixer or the white MAN 6x4 (or more probably 6x6) can expect ten more years on Africa’s road, but others like the old rusty vans or the Turbo Star look already close to their very end…

Saviem.

@PV83: I think Sahara Express was an Austrian company. Interesting design in the side of the trailer! I’ve found another, taken in Malta, suitably hauled by an ERF :sunglasses: :laughing: Robert

20171222_094902.jpg

One for Froggy…another TV, this time in a bit of trouble…

Nostalgic pic…

Posted these two “festive” pics up last year, but no apologies for doing it again as they re both great photos in their own way…

25177391725_60788afc4f_o.jpg

French village scene from the '60’s

Now then Fergie , we seem to be having trouble with a certain Whippersnapper on the Bah Humbug thread , stirring again . As he is on your side of the channel maybe it’s time to unleash Madame Fergie to teach him the error of his ways . No respect these youngsters ! Dave

rigsby:
Now then Fergie , we seem to be having trouble with a certain Whippersnapper on the Bah Humbug thread , stirring again . As he is on your side of the channel maybe it’s time to unleash Madame Fergie to teach him the error of his ways . No respect these youngsters ! Dave

Riggers…thanks for the tip-off…He always was a difficult child, unlike Dave junior…His parents left him with us while they popped out to the shops, they’ve never been back, that was 30 odd years ago…Ever since we adopted him we’ve been trying to sell him, even tried the Arab ■■■ slavers, but even they brought him back eventually…Madam Fergie has given his legs a few slaps in the past…to no avail…he is in fact a hopeless case…

Maybe this photo might just embarrass him enough to behave, but I doubt it…this is him taking his HGV test a couple of years ago… he failed five times…too arrogant said the tester, and you see that in his face…eventually he passed, but on an auto box…

You don’t want to buy him do you ? you can have him at cost …cheap… or he’ll be going on E-bay

Fergie47:

pv83:

Good photos Whips…

All those classics gone…shame, some great motors there that should have been bought and saved…

I remember in the '80’s the mass export of classic British motorbikes, we lost a lot of our heritage then… :cry:

jsutherland:

pv83:

Where are they all headed for, Morocco, Middle East. Must have made your day!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Froggy55:
Dealers probably buy then at scrap price to send them to West Africa for a second very hard life, when these “seniors” should deserve a happy pensioner"s life! Some toughly built trucks like the Renault concrete mixer or the white MAN 6x4 (or more probably 6x6) can expect ten more years on Africa’s road, but others like the old rusty vans or the Turbo Star look already close to their very end…

Froggy is on top of it, they’re all heading to West African countries…
Some were indeed not all that bad looking, the blue Scanny was in decent shape Senior, was properly looked after, would have looked great standing alongside the Fergie in the shed… that Iveco and the MAN… well, we all know they’re quite handy with a piece of steel and a welder down there…
Still amazes me though how much “classics” are still being exported, bearing in mind most of the lorries date back from the early to mid 90’s, one can imagine that stream has to dry up eventually…

Still, as long as I can wonder about at the docks, seeing those proper lorries, I’m like a wee lad in the sweet shop Johnny :wink: