Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

I’ve always enjoyed Saviem’s posts and his capacity for divergent thinking - the way he links all sorts of remote strands and weaves them into a palatable feast for us to enjoy. I’ll raise a glass! Robert :slight_smile:

I’m even more of a fan now, The “man” drinks the food of the gods “BLACKBUSH” real whiskey from the Emerald Isle. Regards Kev. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

For my part I can live with a little Laphroaig as per la suggestion de Monsieur Saviem, alternatively I might settle for a Talisker. As Sir Winston used to say, i am easily satisfied with the very best.
By the way someone said this is a club of elderlies, but I am still in my late thirsties!

On another subject, am seriously considerig attending the Gaydon show in Sept this year. True I enjoy Monsieur Saviem’s posts immensely, but in fairness I enjoy the posts from most members of this little fanclub. Might be fun to share a glass of amber fluid (of any description).
Michel, would you consider doing the trip from your part of the world?

It could be possible but we have to drive through Reims to take a case of Bollinger .

I’m not really a regular on here, but like many others I am a great admirer of Saviem! I particularly enjoy his encyclopedic knowledge of French and British marques and his first hand experience of the industry in the 1960s and 1970s.

I am very interested in the makes and models around at the time, and the great consolidations that took place then, so Saviem’s insight into the the people and business factors involved are really valuable.

I’m also impressed that he, like me, has a soft spot for Guy Motors…

5846534600_5a0eaba9a0_b.jpg
(Photo copyright of Steven Holmes)

I think there were two ex -London Carriers Guy Big J4 rigids that survived with Edwin Holden’s brewery. One is featured in “Classic and Vintage Commercials”, February 2014, as a restoration project, and the last I knew, the other was still owned by Holdens.

Long may you continue to inform and enlighten us Monsieur!

Monsieur Saviem for Prime Minister :question: :question:

Steve :smiley:

neversweat1:
Monsieur Saviem for Prime Minister :question: :question:

Steve :smiley:

President of France more like,he sure would make a better job of it than that “■■■■■■” Hollande is!! :sunglasses: :slight_smile: :wink: Bewick.

you are probably right there dennis , but would he be up to the shennagins with the "first ladies "and all on top of his agricultural endeavours ? not to mention madame indoors taking a dim view of his carry ons .

I can’t really see Saviem turning up at the French parliament with a model on his arm and four inches of wet mud sticking to his wellies. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Oh, almost forgot, a couple of pounds- sorry, kilos- of spuds in his pockets!

Much respect for your informed comments Saviem.

Two things however.
I’m jealous of the Valtra having only risen to the heights of an MF.
If you’re a Laophraig man you should try Bruichladdich. Their Port Charlotte is an equivalent but their Octomore is something else. The most heavily peated malt there is!

Jazzandy:

Two things however.
If you’re a Laophraig man you should try Bruichladdich. Their Port Charlotte is an equivalent but their Octomore is something else. The most heavily peated malt there is!

hiya,
Larry get your specs on and read this it’s pure poetry.
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:

Jazzandy:

Two things however.

hiya,

■■■■ Heads :blush: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :sunglasses: :wink: Anon1.

Bewick:

harry_gill:

Jazzandy:

Two things however.

hiya,

■■■■ Heads :blush: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :sunglasses: :wink: Anon1.

hiya,
You don’t get this sort of appreciation of the finest nectar on any other thread.

This is where it all starts Harry & what are start Eh, Regards Larry

Start top left & work your way through to bottom right.
Then if you’re still standing, start all over again! :wink:

What a wonderful collection of examples of the ‘Scottish Refreshment’

Even Saviem might be tempted away from his Bolly.

Evening Gentlemen, beautiful sunny day today, so I attended to our pressing problems…due to the deluges that we have endured for the last several weeks, our normally quietly functioning septic tank drainage system has become somewhat beucholic…Swelled by the soakaways change of function…from draining the septic tank to the field, to now draining the field to the septic tank! Oh ye that live, (and enjoy), mains sewers, never ever begrudge the fees that you pay to your water company, for the sight of ones manhole covers performing a modest ballet as the irrepresable pressure within forces them upwards is one not to enjoy!!

While sitting in the clean air of the Valtra`s cab, enjoying the warm sunshine flooding through the windows, lulled by the gentle throb of her fine engine, (and trying to ignore the death like rattle of the vacumn tanks compressor, as over 1500 gallons of the water table zipped up the pipe), my mind turned over the delights of that golden nectar the humble whisky.

Jazzandy is right about the peaty Octomore, there is an unopened bottle in the office…nestling alongside that dreamlike distilling from Islay, the Bowmore, and a well drunk bottle of my lowland favourite from the banks of the river Teith, Deanston. I could never make up my mind if I preferred Deanston, or Auchentoshan, (took many a glass, and I still cannot make up my mind! Do you Gentlemen like a wee Tamdu, Im afraid that I have now stopped drinking Glengoyne…enjoyed a complete bottle one night with a fine upstanding Perthshire farmer, buying a Scania 143…shame that the lorry was not as upstanding as the drink!!! Hey and there is nowt wrong with Massey`s products, just a shame that they are not built in Coventry anymore!

Davidoff and Michel, by all means come via Reims, but these modern cars will carry more than one case of Bollinger!..and while you are in Reims go via the Expo Park, see if Garages Colosio are still going, they used to be ERF dealers for quite a time.

Richard, is your, (superb looking), Big J, the ex Brian Meridith, (Fordhouses Transport), and then Thomas Ingles lorry? I remember her still in primer paint!

So the tank was full, I retrieved the hoses, packed all away…and with dismay heard the tinkle, tinkle as the field remorselessly drained back into the septic tank…so decided to go in for my sandwich…not so, I was turned around at the door, and told that my “effervescent odour” was less than welcome, the door only re opened for my daughters hand to thrust my plate of President Brie, and bread towards me! (Tell me, do Massey et Boule still carry this most excellent Brie…or has Norbert snapped up this distribution job as well)?

Still I was able to sit in the winter sunlight and reflect upon the handsome lines of my Valtra, (despite BMAs warnings she seems a good tractor), and surprisingly she sips less claret than the big Deere`s.

On reflection I shall stick to my Bollinger nightcap…though tonight, (fresh scrubbed), I almost took a copious Blackbush…but the bubbles have it!!

Cheerio for now.

WHAT A LOAD OF OLD TOSH !!!
We of the “Saviem pour Presidente” movement have seen through your cunning ploy, you old Gallic-water swilling pretender, you!
All this rambling about tanks, soakaways and manhole covers has no-one fooled. You may as well admit that your efforts have been directed at releiving your soggy rotting potatoes of some of the water which has prevented you from harvesting them.
As we have become immune to your somewhat laboured excuses for not getting the ■■■■ things in from the fields at a more reasonable time of year, can we assume that you do not wish to avail yourself of the Once-in-a-Lifetime opportunity to attend the forthcoming five day course at High Ercall entitled, “Potato Harvesting for the Experienced Agriculturalist”? Should you decide that such an opportunity cannot be missed and would probably save you millions of pounds in the future, please forward the appropriate fee, in cash, to either myself or to the club treasurer (himself a huge fan of MOTEC) who, I am reliably informed, resides in a converted Guy Big J/Gardner 240 hidden somewhere in ■■■■■■■■

Yes, add me to the fan club. Always a pleasure to read Saviem’s posts.

Regards Paul.

What a pleasure it is to read Saviem’s meandering whimsey after a hard day at the coal face of road transport spent trying to keep 18 artics going after Stobart has pinched our main customer. After they have made a complete B**** up of refrigerated work, and I’m reliably informed their car transport division is also a shambles, they are now targeting the flat trailer sector in a big way and the structural steel hauliers in particular. :imp: :imp: :imp:

Nevertheless I think it is now about time that we formed a steering committee to get the Official Saviem Fan Club up and running and to call a meeting to elect the officers for this worthy venture. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: