Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

pete smith:

MaggieD:
Hi Patrick,

Hope you are well, great photo’s of the Locomotion,my films came back and this was on one of them,I haven’t a clue who these old boys and young girls are !! But the guy at the front on the left was the waiter I think,and the chap with the beard used to post on here,where is Fergie ? David’s father looking the other way in case Interpol recognise him !!

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
That Fergie is up to mischief I reckon, like a naughty child when they are quite you know they are up to no good! I reckon Fergie has found a Volvo F89 and whisked Liz off for an Italian tour, Cheer’s Pete

Hi Pete,

Hope you and Mrs Smith are well, and Wolverhampton is thriving, sorry you couldn’t make it to Locomotion this year,hopefully next year,come down to us and we’ll all go over together.
Mrs Fergie took the photo so thats why she’s not in it,but Fergie did let her eat with us which was good of him !!

Regards
Richard

Froggy55:

pv83:

Interesting! I guess you took these pictures on Saturday, because son of the trucks weren’t there anymore on Sunday when I was there.

Hi Froggy,

Sorry to have missed you at Locomotion,we couldn’t afford to stay after the meal as Patrick took all our Euro’s off us so he could go and see Johnnie in Germany the following week !!

Regards
Richard

We’ll certainly have further opportunities to meet, maybe in 2 years time! Cheers to you, Richard!

MaggieD:

Froggy55:

pv83:

Interesting! I guess you took these pictures on Saturday, because son of the trucks weren’t there anymore on Sunday when I was there.

Hi Froggy,

Sorry to have missed you at Locomotion,we couldn’t afford to stay after the meal as Patrick took all our Euro’s off us so he could go and see Johnnie in Germany the following week !!

Regards
Richard

All for the 'help Herr Sutherland through the winter" campaign that was Richard… :wink:

Good afternoon all.
I believe, I really believe that nearly 2 months of nonsense have passed and I am finally reconnected to the outside World. First Talk Talk who are, without doubt, the most useless organisation on the planet and then BT who are the second. When eventually they connected me to Broadband I was getting a download speed of 0.04mbps, which is pretty slow really, and then after the visit of a very nice engineer he got me all the way up to 1.4mbps. He also told me ‘never mind what sales say that’s the best you are going to get in this village’.

Then fortunately because I kicked up such a terrible fuss I was able to escape the All India Technical (?) Team and get passed to a nice chap in BT Bristol who has got it sorted and managed to get me a fibre connection (supposedly unavailable) and in the last days I am now up to a satisfactory 27mbps. Phew!

By the way, in case anybody thinks that this happened because I live on one of the remote Scottish Islands I actually live in a village 3.5 miles from the A5/M42 junction.

So it is grand to be back and I had better go do some catching up!

David

By the way, in case anybody thinks that this happened because I live on one of the remote Scottish Islands I actually live in a village 3.5 miles from the A5/M42 junction.

Isn’t that as remote as the Scottish Islands…? Right, I’ll get me coat… :blush: :blush:

Good to have you back on board Sir Miller, it’s been too long already :wink:

pv83:

MaggieD:

Froggy55:

pv83:

Hi Froggy,

Regards
Richard

All for the 'help Herr Sutherland through the winter" campaign that was Richard… :wink:

Now that is real friends!! Thanks to all who contributed. I did wonder why Patrick had so much money on him. [emoji1]
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This could have remained a mystery truck, if the picture hadn’t been given to me not earlier than this morning, by an elderly man who worked on it in 1951-52 as apprentice to unload it. Built just after WW II on a Miesse chassis, it was fitted with a Büssing engine, a Berliet driving axle and a Mack steering. The Ziegler brothers came from Switzerland to Belgium to start a transport business based in Brussels, and at that time, the main activity of this truck was to load wine barrels in Paris to bring them to Brussels. I’m afraid I didn’t asked my man who did the bodywork.

Does this one look familiar to anyone?

13265933_674512686021547_6514916843984915754_n.jpg

13254272_674512729354876_6589066403632900706_n.jpg

Where has Fergie disappeared too any one know he used to be on here nearly every day, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Where has Fergie disappeared too any one know he used to be on here nearly every day, Buzzer.

I was thinking the same. Maybe the whippersnapper gave him too much cheek.

Froggy55:
This could have remained a mystery truck, if the picture hadn’t been given to me not earlier than this morning, by an elderly man who worked on it in 1951-52 as apprentice to unload it. Built just after WW II on a Miesse chassis, it was fitted with a Büssing engine, a Berliet driving axle and a Mack steering. The Ziegler brothers came from Switzerland to Belgium to start a transport business based in Brussels, and at that time, the main activity of this truck was to load wine barrels in Paris to bring them to Brussels. I’m afraid I didn’t asked my man who did the bodywork.

Very interesting pic indeed Froggy, cheers for posting! Never heard of Miesse before to be honest…
Would that be the same Ziegler that runs in the green livery? If so, then that’s another thing I’ve learned today… :wink:

2011-287-3f4dc26.jpg

mbngjj-372097a.jpg

Yes, it looks it’s the same firm! My guy mentioned Arthur Ziegler as the foundator of the firm.
zieglergroup.com/websites/zi … enDocument

Your yellow and blue truck is a Lohéac, nicknamed “Tonton”. They were all withdrawn from regular service c. 2010, because they didn’t meet any more the safety regulations. They were based on ex-WW II International Harvester M 426 chassis, and regularly updated until the very end.

The same in English:
zieglergroup.com/websites/zi … enDocument

Aah, cheers for clearing both things up Froggy :wink:

jsutherland:

Buzzer:

Too much cheek? We’re talking 'bout Fergie here, mind!

pv83:

jsutherland:

Buzzer:

Too much cheek? We’re talking 'bout Fergie here, mind!

I suppose you have a point Herr Patrick.

You lot are cruising of a bruising I fear . When Fergie reappears and turns the formidable Madame Fergie loose on you , it will all end in tears . You may think you’re safe now but it’s all down in black and white for him to read at his leisure . I should keep your tin hats handy .

rigsby:
You lot are cruising of a bruising I fear . When Fergie reappears and turns the formidable Madame Fergie loose on you , it will all end in tears . You may think you’re safe now but it’s all down in black and white for him to read at his leisure . I should keep your tin hats handy .

Oh, oh Patrick. Have we cooked our goose… Maybe we had better take Rigsby’s advice and lie low for a while. Unless you can use that charm of yours, again.

jsutherland:

rigsby:

Oh, oh Patrick. Have we cooked our goose… Maybe we had better take Rigsby’s advice and lie low for a while. Unless you can use that charm of yours, again.

Man up a bit will you herr Sutherland, you’re Scottish remember, that means you’re fearless :wink:
And if the going gets tough, you can always take cover behind my back, my hard hat hasn’t let me down… yet that is…